ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EVO Challenges YOU!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Clans and Scrims
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Versatile
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In an attempt to get this thread back on topic. Smile any news on your maps or terms [A] ? Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
switcher
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MetalBlack wrote:
You must alias because I think I've only seen you in-game with your real name maybe a handful of times since Ive played zd.

D'uhhhh.... ya think?
Why the heck would I be wasting my time posting shit in these forums all these years if I weren't in the field on a daily basis?
Between myself and my boy Kevin, who also aliases and is a member of just about every clan on ZDaemon, we are on the master server at least 4-5 hours per day, every day for over 5 years now.
If I added up the exp from all my aliases, I'm sure I would be on top of Baz.
One day I'll post my top 50 aliases... I'm sure you would recognize a lot of the names... Wink
Anyway enough of this... back on topic.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be drunk, but aliases are for pussies.

I think the point Nero was making is that if you don't take part in competitive clan play, then sure you can have an opinion, but it really isn't as valid as those who do take part. Far too many people talk the talk but don't walk the walk around here.

If you want to be taken seriously, then get your clan playing competitive games. No one cares about DUI, OS and any other clan that doesn't at least play the odd game and test themselves. These clans are defunct in terms of playing at the top level. No one cares about these clans any more, and you can talk all you want about how "great" they were, but really, unless you play these new clans, you will never know how good or bad you actually are.

Much respect for Evo, A, AC, CI and any other clan that is trying to play some games. Take the bitching about game modes and how good clans that don't play are elsewhere, because, to be frank, until you actually play games, then you will NEVER be as good as the clans that are around now. Put up or shutup. If you want a further debate, make a thread about game modes somewhere else, and if you want your clan to be taken seriously at a competitive level, make a challenge.

Sure people can look back fondly, but not in terms of who is playing NOW.

UBR will happily play DUI, OS or any other clan. We will probably lose, but at the end, at least we play some games every now and then.
ccarnage
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, active or not. To say that one cannot express their opinion simply because they no longer play is ridiculous. That's like saying ex-sport players cannot express their opinions of the current states of their respective sports simply because they have retired. However, I do agree that it is irrelevant expressing these opinions on this particular thread. I guess now would be a good time to deviate the thread back to the topic of these "clan wars"...
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thadeuss wrote:

I think the point Nero was making is that if you don't take part in competitive clan play, then sure you can have an opinion, but it really isn't as valid as those who do take part. Far too many people talk the talk but don't walk the walk around here.

Sure you can have an opinion, but a sportcasters view of the game, regardless of whether he/she played it, is very different from those taking part. I clearly said you can have an opinion, just that the game should be shaped by those who play it, not those who bitch about it, but don't actually organise clan wars themselves and keep saying "oh but we were great back in the day".

Anyways, goodluck again to both teams.
switcher
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thadeuss wrote:

It may surprise you Thadeuss, but my real name is not Switcher.
Switcher is an alias.
Whether or not Thadeuss is your real name or not is your business... but most players here use aliases.
Aliasing is what prevents people like you from popping up on servers to harrass me while I play.
So I can just enjoy a game in peace.
It happens all the time on ZDaemon so deal with it.

Thadeuss wrote:
UBR will happily play DUI, OS or any other clan.

The funny thing is, I was an original member of UBR from way back.
I forget who it was but they begged me to join.
Of course under a pussy alias - I was [UBR]Catastrphe.

As for DUI, we were never a CTF clan.
DUI was a clan of skilled old school 1 on 1 players who formed a clan in the days just prior to the CTF era.
The way I see it, DUI has been gone for years now... so unless you want a 1 on 1 challenge with me, you'll never get your clan war with them.
I'll use my real name even... heheh just kidding, but I'll use Switcher if it makes you happy.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
whiteboy567
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When are you becoming a philosopher Switcher? Your words are so wise, throwing around analogy's and metaphors like candy. I wish i could reach such an intellectual level ^_^
Versatile
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Shadowforce, Mortalogy, Master, Welkin or whoever from [A] might read this thread.... I am not trying to be mean but this is a fairly easy process. You either accept the war or reject. Mortalogy seemed as though he was totally down to play. Funny as I know hes been reading these posts. Just failing to respond. So sorry to put the heat on you pal, but we would appreciate your acceptance of the war or your flat out rejection of it as it seems you have no interest in negotitating terms
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperNova
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This reminds me of a certain thread. A challenge is issued, it goes off course a little. Then after, some members of the clan whom issued the challenge try and get it back on course and get into contact with the other clan to no avail. Excuses, excuses--that's all the other clan seems to come up with!

So, the pattern that this certain thread took was a wise-ass telling the truth in pretty colorful terms. The clan whom was challenged got offended, then well-thoughtout posts from the clan who issued the challange suddenly disappeared and the war never happened. Oh, and I'm still trying to figure out how a thread with 8 to 9 pages just vanished into thin air. Darn it! And the rest as they say is history.

The only difference between this thread and the last one is the clan whom received the challenged has nobody with mod status. Let's hope this thread doesn't repeat that. I would find it and post a link to it, but it no longer exists. Shocked
ccarnage
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone seriously needs to implement an effective clan wars system...or clan war league or something. The EDL and ZDDL appear to have been organised with great success (albeit as 1on1 leagues); sure a clan league may be more challenging to implement, with the varying modes of play, difficulties of getting teams together at the same time on the same day etc; but I'm sure it can be done. The other alternative is to determine the ability of clans based upon their egos and ability of players within the clans HEH.
Dopefish
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccarnage wrote:
Someone seriously needs to implement an effective clan wars system...or clan war league or something. The EDL and ZDDL appear to have been organised with great success (albeit as 1on1 leagues); sure a clan league may be more challenging to implement, with the varying modes of play, difficulties of getting teams together at the same time on the same day etc; but I'm sure it can be done. The other alternative is to determine the ability of clans based upon their egos and ability of players within the clans HEH.

lol, why somebody who has played zdaemon a month in 6 years cares.
ccarnage
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SM*Dopefish wrote:
ccarnage wrote:

lol, why somebody who has played zdaemon a month in 6 years cares.

I play...maybe like once every 6-12months Laughing
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperNova
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:

lmao
HumanBones
Boner!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't lock this but it seemed like it gave clans a little jolt of wake the hell up, so I'd suggest making a new thread and refraining from arguments.

It's definitely what got this locked in the first place, so I hope you people can control yourselves for once (seeing as for the past 5 years or so its been the exact same group of people who have gotten their threads locked and then complained about "clan activity").

As someone who would really like to see more clans active and playing again, I hope it happens. Everyone knows there is a way to go about this without getting threads locked. I'm not the only person who can lock things here, and the others are probably less forgiving. So do it right, damnit!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Clans and Scrims All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: