ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Knee Deep in Phobos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sniper 109
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Knee Deep in Phobos Reply with quote

Well I'm proud to announce that KDiP.wad (Knee Deep in Phobos) is done. I've been working on this wad since late September and now its 100% complete. This wad is like KDiZD only without the KDiZD, Sorta like splenda Tastes like sugar looks like sugar but theres no sugar in it.
Info/Screenshots/video:
http://forums.zdaemon.org/viewtopic.php?p=231522#231522

Now its currently pending activation on Dogsoft. But that will be done sometime this week.
Download below and have fun!
http://www.zshare.net/download/59075755c668d060/
http://wadhost.fathax.com/files/KDiP.zip

Hope you enjoy the wad!

Last edited by Sniper 109 on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok well I personally would rather not have to download from a site that gives me two pop-up windows and then this.

Also it's pretty brainless to name your accompanying text file 'readme.txt'. Congratulations, it just got extracted to a directory which currently contains over 1800 WADs. Can you see how I might possibly have a problem finding the file later on?

These things considered then I renamed the txt to be the same as the WAD and reuploaded it to FatHax:
http://wadhost.fathax.com/files/KDiP.zip
Sniper 109
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Cybershark! Hope you enjoyed what you played!
Kruczyslaw
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice wad...Ill like it

Last edited by Kruczyslaw on Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:52 am; edited 2 times in total
theDooMguy
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just played this a bit on Kruk's server and it KICKS ASS!
Have only seen a few levels but I'm sure the rest is just as good.
Sniper 109
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kruk wrote:
play the wad at:
KrukServ #4 >>Submitted: Knee Deep in Phobos <<

Thanks for hosting it!
Kruczyslaw
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome Wink
Kruczyslaw
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Server have been updated...Smile
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a lot of fun although the settings/player numbers we had for ZDS were pretty off.

Map08 seems a bit rushed to me. I had three complaints there:
  • It has two rifles which doesn't make much sense
  • The blue door doesn't require a key to open which means you can rush straight to the end of the map
  • The outer exit area opens up after you kill just one of the Archbaron things.

Other than that my only gripes would be about the lack of variety in the guns - they're all well realised but I was really missing the projectile weapons. Oh and people in the ZDS seemed to think there were just too many doors.
Sniper 109
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only port that lets the outer exit area open by only killing one arch demon is zdeamon. Although I did rush the final map, I guess I neer fully tested the blue door :S
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ok, well that's interesting to know. I'll see if I can figure out what's going on there.
And by this I mean I'll force Worst to take a look at it Razz
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:
The outer exit area opens up after you kill just one of the Archbaron things.

This is interesting. I just played MAP08 and the outer exit area didn't open when the first Archcubus beast died.

I doubt the author of this wad is still around, but here are some comments from me anyway:

I started off annoyed playing this because it took me almost 15 minutes to finally have a Shotgun. This plus the fact I didn't like how the pistol fired frustrated and annoyed me a lot! And since we're talking about weapons, I can tell you that I didn't like the weapon placement. It often took too long before you got a decent weapon. That in combination with extra powerful (more health) monsters just left me frustrated more than once while playing this.

I started playing using the DMFlags of the Zdaemon Session, but I soon realised that respawning items is definitely desired here. Not just for ammo, for health too.

The maps on the other hand, were pretty good in my opinion. But heh, I have a fetish for remixes. None of the maps seemed to be rushed, all were nicely detailed. Too bad the maps felt all the same. All maps had the same look, in fact: I think that if you've seen one map, you have seen them all.

Then MAP08, aaaaaaaaaah! No seriously, aaaaaaaaaaaah! Those Archbarons scared the living daylights out of me. Sure, I was expecting monsters, but these two creatures had me shivering. Good job on those.

Finally! I noticed there were 8 maps in the pack, but also a bonus map. MAP31! I got there, expecting a special secret. But it appeared to be just map like all the others. Little disappointment for me there.

Overall I did enjoy playing. But I doubt Í will going back for more due to several frustrations mentioned above. Still, I can see a lot of work has been put into this and it definitely shows. A 6/10 from me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sniper 109
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I would have checked those crates in the area outside of the main hanger, there is a shotgun there. But I can still understand what you mean, by getting good weapons later in the game. I guess I wanted to challenge the player.

And once again I'll agree with you, the maps did have the same sort of look, and shape. This wad overwhelmed me from time to time, from a mappers perspective.

I'm glad the Final bosses gave you a such a feel. I knew I had to do something spectacular. I remember the first time I played e1m8, (when I was 3) I cried after seeing the bosses, and I immediately quit playing doom.
It wasn't until I was 8 that I had the courage to take on the barons and I failed a few times. My original plan was to use cyberdemons or spidermasterminds, but I knew it wouldn't really surprise anyone, and that they've used too many times. I decided to make a new boss with my dehacked skills. And since this was a boom wad, no one would expect such a Boss. Wink

Oh I still go on these forums, and you can expect a sequel to KDiP. My Deimos revisited, although this isn't a remake of e2. Its a wad that uses the Deimos style and includes 4 brand new maps!

Dowload demo:
http://www.filefront.com/14009071/deim_vb.wad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDReview All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: