ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BEST MAP OF 2009 Sprooked.wad by Br00keSy [believe it]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
br00kesy
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: BEST MAP OF 2009 Sprooked.wad by Br00keSy [believe it] Reply with quote

Hey my map is called sprooked, i still dont know if its a FFA or 1v1 perhaps both? Looking foward to the review please anyone else feel free to post any constructive critisim or anything you like.

the link is www.freewebs.com/brookesyswads/sprooked.wad

Last edited by br00kesy on Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
andymun
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No cred my way?
br00kesy
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you very much to the gorgeous andymun for allowing me to use his word which was sprooked. he thinks it means to "punk" somebody but im almost certain its a sexual word. either way thank you andy
andymun
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you (eventually). Sprooked can mean anything you want Shane-o. Now, the review. Epic map. I sprooked my pants when I first saw it, it is that sprooktastic. As I told you, if it was 10% smaller it would be ideal, but having said that the size is quite resprookedable as it sits. Very well detailed, I can see you've sprooked it up nicely and sprooked many an hour on this aspect of the map alone. I give it 8 sprooks out of 10 even though I haven't actually had a game on it yet. Can't wait to give you a good sprooking on it sometime.
br00kesy
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sprooktastic response. sprook you very much andy.
SuperNova
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty kick-ass map you got going here. I'd say it's probably more accustomed for FFA, though.
DoomKid
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like an interesting deathmatch map. Alot of detail and great gameplay too. Could definately use a music change though, the MIDI was quite bland.

Good job Very Happy
andymun
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just played it with about 4-6 players (FFA). Was very good. Would of liked to see how it played for a 1on1. The end result was a sprooking, as promised.
andymun
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played a 1v1 yesterday I think. Played pretty well. If it's a map that wants to be a 1v1 map I'd say remove the top bit (3rd tier).
rygrass
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice wad , very nice detail well spread out for ffa . 1on1 is still good wepaon placement is good not sure if all spawns are ssg

nice effects withe the textures ( bummer you can't get the bfg Razz ) but overall i like it is a "ffa" wad

sorry can't host it anymore
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the music makes me laugh (and cringe) with its cheesy Eurobeat and... are those steel pan drums in there too?

Initially I was a little frustrated with all the off-map landscaping here. I kept thinking I should be able to get out there as there is such a damn low wall around the perimeter. But if the map is run without jumping then I guess it'd feel more natural. However it looks like jumping is required to get to some items here? Idk, maybe an SR50 jump would do it but that seems a little wasted for some armor and an shotgun Confused

I don't like the way the plasma and RL are placed right next to each other - although with the size and scale of this map you're gonna have a job using them successfully in a 1on1 situation. With the sheer number of player starts the author has included then surely he had FFA in mind more than duels but for FFA the two projectile weapons should definitely be split up.

Has good item placement aside from that, you're not short of anything. It's very stylish looking too and the map is spacious and flows freely.

So it's a good map, well made, but like Spacepirate's map it's too vague to be much use. All I can suggest is to play the things more before you release them. Many times I've started a map and it's ended up as something else entirely but that should become apparent to you while you're making it. At the end of it you may be able to say "Works well as duel and FFA" which, let's face it sounds a lot better then "I'm not really sure what gamemode this is for...". Focus people!

Oh and wouldn't it have made more sense to name it 'spr00ked'? Razz
indyroo
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa! I don't say it often, but br00kesy, you're done a sprooking good job! Very Happy
ZombieMachine
Bloatware!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job, But andymun your maps really shine in this wad.

Good job both ya.

Keep it up Smile
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zombie, I gave you the benefit of the doubt here and opened this WAD up in XWE just to check I wasn't wrong.

Now WTF? This WAD is just a single map. So the question is - do you just copy and paste words at random from other threads or is there some kind of intelligence behind it all?
Tuomio
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He havent played the original doom2 maps and continued on those, and figured "wow these are pretty cool".
Geit-vd-plas
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

classic
ZombieMachine
Bloatware!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:
Zombie, I gave you the benefit of the doubt here and opened this WAD up in XWE just to check I wasn't wrong.

Now WTF? This WAD is just a single map. So the question is - do you just copy and paste words at random from other threads or is there some kind of intelligence behind it all?

O_O I guess I'll go with the second choice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDReview All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: