ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Release - The UAC Rebellion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DoomKid
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Release - The UAC Rebellion Reply with quote

Well, it's been a long time, but it's finally complete -
The UAC Rebellion

The Story - "You are a normal marine, no more important than the rest. You've worked at the UAC for years now, and have had time to learn about what all of their funds go to. They research inter-dimensional travel and genetic alterations.
However, the UAC, as you have recently learned, is corrupt. They let it be known that experiments are only done on willing individuals, but that isn't true: one of your fellows was reported as "mysteriously missing" and never found again. One night, at your workstation, you decide that these corrupt bastards are going down. It's going to be a tough fight, but you have to kill a few to save many."
(It's just a doom wad story. don't mind the millions of plot holes =p)

There are some new monsters in this wad to go along with the 'storyline', including:

Guard Dogs
Marines (Pistol, Shotgun, chaingun, Plasma)
Zombies (Rifle, Rocket Launcher, chaingun)
New Hellspawn (The Virtualdemon, Toxic Caco's, Hell Knights, and altered lost souls)

and without further ado, screenshots!

*Marines will almost never stand in nukage or lava, only zombies. Which makes sense.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.filesavr.com/uacrebellion

Have fun killing!

Last edited by DoomKid on Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
ZombieMachine
Bloatware!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill review this later Very Happy. Also why is there a Dark Cyberdemon?. Should that be in the new hellspawn list?
rygrass
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

watch out cybershark he's gonna take over your spot in the forums by doing reviews!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ShizzMasteR
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't this be in Zdreview and not Wad Editing?
DoomKid
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, It should, I'm just slow. Razz

ZombieMachine wrote:
Ill review this later Very Happy. Also why is there a Dark Cyberdemon?. Should that be in the new hellspawn list?

I fixed the hellspawn list, thanks for poitning that out.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok moved. I'm sure Ronald or somebody will have some expert feedback for this very shortly.
[WH]-Wilou84
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have a look at this, looks interesting. :>

Cybershark wrote:
Ronald [...] expert

Does not compute
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ZombieMachine
Bloatware!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....Fine I won't, i don't know how *crys*
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:
Ok moved. I'm sure Ronald or somebody will have some expert feedback for this very shortly.

Oh yeah, I sure will! In the meantime, could you give me some more information about how to play this wad? With that I mean with or without freelook, jumping etc? How many players is it suitable for? Information like that.
DoomKid
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
with or without freelook, jumping etc? How many players is it suitable for? Information like that.

You can use jumping and freelook, and it supports 4 player co-op (no deathmatch), though it was based around single player.
DoomKid
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobody wants to review the wad? Shocked
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoomKid92 wrote:
nobody wants to review the wad? Shocked

Oh yes somebody wants to! But you have to realize that people around here have social lives, have their own mapping projects and/or are here to play too. I'm already working on a review for your wad. But it's not done yet. Please be a little bit more patient.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also y'know people are more likely to consider looking at your work if you do them the common courtesy of taking a peek and giving feedback on theirs too.
ZERO99
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know the pain all to well if looking for feedback so give me some time ill write up a little review for this.
DoomKid
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sorry guys, i'm not trying to rush you or anything Razz . I was just making sure.
Cybershark wrote:
Also y'know people are more likely to consider looking at your work if you do them the common courtesy of taking a peek and giving feedback on theirs too.

That's a good point
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Review Reply with quote

There we go. It's been awhile, but I finally found the time to finish this review. But first, I would like to ask you if you tested it (with somebody) before you released it? There's a few issues I've found of which I've listed a few examples below. It's a pity these issues are here because they could have easily been fixed.

Hall Of Mirrors (HOM)
Missaligned stairs
3D mode starts ike one

Oh well, it doesn't make the maps unplayable, it's just a pity they are there.

Ok, the review then!

Description
The UAC Rebellion was created for single player games and cooperative games up to 4 players. I would definitely not recommend playing it with more than 4, rather by yourself or just one partner.

The fists, pistol, shotgun, chaingun and BFG9000 got some new sprites. The other guns have remained unedited, except for their shooting speed. The rocket launcher shoots slower, but the rockets fly faster. The plasma gun shoots slower too.

Most “weaker” monsters, like the zombieman and the shotgun guy have been replaced by marines. All marines use different weapons, like the pistol, shotgun and chaingun. The more powerful monsters have been given new sprites. Also worth noticing is that our great friend the Imp isn’t around anymore.

There are 15 maps in the pack (MAP01 – MAP10 & MAP31 - MAP35). You can see there’s a lot of work put into the maps. They are rather cramped but very much detailed. The exit of each map is the start of the next map. There’s not really a theme in there I recognize, but 70% of the maps consists of facility bases. The other 30% can be considered hellish or just different, which I’m not going to give away in this review, so go see for yourself!

Gameplay
Like mentioned in the description, don’t go in with more than 4 players! You’ll end up annoying each other. The maps are pretty much straight forward, so finding your way isn’t very hard. The challenge is to make it through with the limited amount of available ammo. Respawning items is definitely a must, since the maps lack ammo in many places, especially when playing with more people. There’s enough health packs available. The weapon placement is ok, but you don’t get a good weapon just like that. Rather frustrating was the fact that the rockets of the Cyberdemons were a lot faster. They were pretty hard to dodge. That in combination with slower firing weapons, can be frustrated at times.

Overall
I’ve rarely seen quality wads like this. A lot of work has been put into this wad and it shows . The maps are very good, music is ok, and the weapon/monster replacements are nicely done. The only negative thing I can think of is frustration because of the slower firing weapons, but maybe that’s just something you need to get used to. So there you have it, a 9/10 from me. That’s a grade that’s not given often, but you definitely deserved it. Good job!

Zdaemon Sessions Compatibility
No. Despite the fact that it has more than enough maps (15) and definitely deserves to dedicate a session to because of the work put into it, it’s just not suitable for more than 4 players and thus not suitable for Zdaemon Sessions.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah, really nice work there Runnie, thanks! Very Happy
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job Ronaldo.

I've played through most of the maps and I like the marines. Those cute little guys are fun to blow away and make Doom just a little different, which is nice. The texturing was crude at times because of the large variety of themes kind of spliced together. I spotted some misalignments here and there, too.

I'm glad you created this ambitious project! A ZDS would be nice, but with such cramped corridors it might not be feasible.
DoomKid
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very detailed review. To answer your question, no, I didn't test it with others (not the final product at least), but in my future projects I'll be sure to have it tested.

I appriciate thoughtful feedback Very Happy . Thanks very much.
br00kesy
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked the game play, the only thing was that i hated having to use the pistol alot i would have liked it if you got to pick up a weapon earlier in the game. Maybe i just missed them heh, nice going
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDReview All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: