ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Legend 1on1
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZERO99
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Czar wrote:
..so make more Wink

Roscoe3000 wrote:
Make more.

Fuck.......well im working on another 1on1 so sit tight and it will be out when i feel like it. for now just play legend.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just played it with Knightmare and I have got to say: it felt pretty good. Gameplay is very good in our opinion and so is the weapon placement. The rocket launcher is rather useless, but all other weapons are doing very well. The only thing I miss is things. Things things, like healthpacks, ammo etc. It makes the map look a bit empty without them.

But yes, we will use this for our first internal tournament that is coming up. Good job ZERO99, I like it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ZERO99
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh, when swag first played the layout i had made of this map like a month in to working on it he said to me i bet this will be a tourney map. well he was right but i did try to get it as a tourney map thought but it still is one none the less!
Acolyte
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do love the map
weapons placement is really nice
good job
Swag
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte wrote:
i do love the map
weapons placement is really nice
good job

Funny I helped him with the weapon placement back when it was all gray ash aka no textures. And this didn't take him 5 months... He had the main layout done(including switches and lifts) like 3-4 months ago.... Then he was lazy and didn't work on it at all until the last month...

Of course I love this map, and said to him back when it had no textures that it could be a tourney map Razz
ZERO99
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i said that i made the layout along time ago and explaned why i didnt get it done sooner i did get pretty damn lazy though
ZERO99
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a new version out now with some of the changes people had wanted it was bothering me so much you actually conviced me to make some changed. ( NO THE MIDDLE AREA WAS NOT CHANGED!) It was mostly things that cybershark had sugested like the walls that were easy to get stuck on. Also made the plasma alot more visible now! The down lower area including the stairs is larger now as well.

[url=http://www.thatguy.sinthos-soft.com/ZERO99's%201on1%20maps/legend-a.zip]Download[/url]

Edit: Sorry about the double post, only way people will actually know about the changes.
Stealth
Gone with the wind

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Server updated, Fasthosts #10.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we'll forgive you the double-post in this case Smile
It's great to see authors caring enough about their work to go back and fix it up even when they really did consider it to be pretty final.

Now who feels big enough to actually pen the official review on this?
ZERO99
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StealthCP wrote:
Server updated, Fasthosts #10.

Again, Thank you for hosting Legend for me in europe i have had a few positive comments from people in europe about my map Very Happy
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMP

Hey there ZERO99,

Your post in another thread on these forums made me a little sad. You said other people don't care about your creations, but believe me, some people do, like me. I remember playing this map several times and liking it. Therefor, I've written you a little review on the map. Here it goes!

DESCRIPTION
Legend is a map which I would like to add to the catagory: "come and get it maps". The map is quite open with only a few places to hide, yet it's enough to avoid BFG spamming when you manage to get to the upper area in time. Action is definitely guaranteed on this map. The theme of the map reminds me of Plutonia, mostly because of the textures used.

GAMEPLAY
Gameplay description was already partly done in the map description: lots of action because the map is quite open. Weapons are well spread around the map, still experience on the map pointed out that the map is about SSG domination mostly. On the upper part of the map, the RL comes in handy at times too, and of course the BFG. The other weapons seem rather useless and are mostly used to protect yourself while getting a SSG.

OVERALL

Overall I think Legend is an amazing for people that like intense games. This is definitely a no-no map for campers or other players waiting for the right moment to strike their opponents. The amount of detail in the map is good, very good even, and not interfearing in gameplay at all. Definitely playworthy material here, and I can absolutely recommend to use this as a tournament map.

SCORE: 8,5/10

By the way Cybershark, the To-Do list needs updating I think. I would have done so, if I had the ability to, just to save you some work.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ronald! And yes, you're quite right it does need some updating.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDReview All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: