ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prepare to get even MORE wasted!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skater
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really need to quit smoking. I'll be 48 in a month, and hack like a sob every morning. I was informed by my doctor that I have COPD, and that if I do not quit I'll be dead before I reach 60.

Thankfully there is a med that I'm getting prescribed called Chantix? that is supposed to be effective in helping a person quit for good.

Cheers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Firmar
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skater wrote:
I really need to quit smoking. I'll be 48 in a month, and hack like a sob every morning. I was informed by my doctor that I have COPD, and that if I do not quit I'll be dead before I reach 60.

Thankfully there is a med that I'm getting prescribed called Chantix? that is supposed to be effective in helping a person quit for good.

Cheers.

Less smoking more doom that'll help
int28
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skater wrote:

Cheers.

You might want to check up on the (new) side affects of that, they are coming out with new warnings every month for the numerous side affects that are being reported since the drug was released in 2006.
It sure does help those trying to quit (a wonder drug), just hope you don't land in the percentage of people who get the side affects.
FYI Chantix prescriptions have fallen by 50% due to all the bad publicity the drug is getting.
lockwolf
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

work on HSLWMAW, go to college, record cd, get a hoe
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Firmar
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lockwolf wrote:
work on HSLWMAW, go to college, record cd, get a hoe

Hoe ? You mean HOUSE ? If yes ...You can live with me Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Geit-vd-plas
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna make a proper site so that you can actually go to www.plasproductions.com and watch aap's animations!

I promised ages agoo!
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

int28 wrote:
FYI Chantix prescriptions have fallen by 50% due to all the bad publicity the drug is getting.

Is that the one they linked to increases in depression? Yeah might wanna be careful with that Wink
Quiksilver
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

couldn't be as bad as accutane.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kayer-vd-PLAS
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geit-vd-plas wrote:
I'm gonna make a proper site so that you can actually go to www.plasproductions.com and watch aap's animations!

I promised ages agoo!

Yeah, do it fast a bit.

That'll motivate me to make more of them animations.
int28
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quiksilver wrote:
couldn't be as bad as accutane.

I read some of the side affects, pretty nasty stuff.

Special warning for Skater if your a hypochondriac don't read! heh

Well this is a somewhat lengthy post but here is some the more rare side affects.

Following is a list of treatment-emergent adverse events reported by patients treated with CHANTIX during all clinical trials. The listing does not include those events already listed in the previous tables or elsewhere in labeling.

BLOOD AND LYMPHATIC SYSTEM DISORDERS. Infrequent: Anemia, Lymphadenopathy. Rare: Leukocytosis, Thrombocytopenia, Splenomegaly.

CARDIAC DISORDERS. Infrequent: Angina pectoris, Arrhythmia, Bradycardia, Ventricular extrasystoles, Myocardial infarction, Palpitations, Tachycardia. Rare: Atrial fibrillation, Cardiac flutter, Coronary artery disease, Cor pulmonale, Acute coronary syndrome.

EAR AND LABYRINTH DISORDERS. Infrequent: Tinnitus, Vertigo. Rare: Deafness, Meniere's disease.

ENDOCRINE DISORDERS. Infrequent: Thyroid gland disorders.

EYE DISORDERS. Infrequent: Conjunctivitis, Dry eye, Eye irritation, Vision blurred, Visual disturbance, Eye pain. Rare: Acquired night blindness, Blindness transient, Cataract subcapsular, Ocular vascular disorder, Photophobia, Vitreous floaters.

GASTROINTESTINAL DISORDERS. Frequent: Diarrhea, Gingivitis. Infrequent: Dysphagia, Enterocolitis, Eructation, Gastritis, Gastrointestinal hemorrhage, Mouth ulceration, Esophagitis. Rare: Gastric ulcer, Intestinal obstruction, Pancreatitis acute.

GENERAL DISORDERS AND ADMINISTRATION SITE CONDITIONS. Frequent: Chest pain, Influenza like illness, Edema, Thirst. Infrequent: Chest discomfort, Chills, Pyrexia.

HEPATOBILIARY DISORDERS. Infrequent: Gall bladder disorder.

IMMUNE SYSTEM DISORDERS. Infrequent: Hypersensitivity. Rare: Drug hypersensitivity.

INVESTIGATIONS. Frequent: Liver function test abnormal, Weight increased. Infrequent: Electrocardiogram abnormal, Muscle enzyme increased, Urine analysis abnormal.

METABOLISM AND NUTRITION DISORDERS. Infrequent: Diabetes mellitus, Hyperlipidemia, Hypokalemia. Rare: Hyperkalemia, Hypoglycemia.

MUSCULOSKELETAL AND CONNECTIVE TISSUE DISORDERS. Frequent: Arthralgia, Back pain, Muscle cramp, Musculoskeletal pain, Myalgia. Infrequent: Arthritis, Osteoporosis. Rare: Myositis.

NERVOUS SYSTEM DISORDERS. Frequent: Disturbance in attention, Dizziness, Sensory disturbance. Infrequent: Amnesia, Migraine, Parosmia, Psychomotor hyperactivity, Restless legs syndrome, Syncope, Tremor. Rare: Balance disorder, Cerebrovascular accident, Convulsion, Dysarthria, Facial palsy, Mental impairment, Multiple sclerosis, Nystagmus, Psychomotor skills impaired, Transient ischemic attack, Visual field defect.

PSYCHIATRIC DISORDERS. Frequent: Anxiety, Depression, Emotional disorder, Irritability, Restlessness. Infrequent: Aggression, Agitation, Disorientation, Dissociation, Libido decreased, Mood swings, Thinking abnormal. Rare: Bradyphrenia, Euphoric mood, Hallucination, Psychotic disorder, Suicidal ideation.

RENAL AND URINARY DISORDERS. Frequent: Polyuria. Infrequent: Nephrolithiasis, Nocturia, Urine abnormality, Urethral syndrome. Rare: Renal failure acute, Urinary retention.

REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM AND BREAST DISORDERS. Frequent: Menstrual disorder. Infrequent: Erectile dysfunction. Rare: Sexual dysfunction.

RESPIRATORY, THORACIC AND MEDIASTINAL DISORDERS. Frequent: Epistaxis, Respiratory disorders. Infrequent: Asthma. Rare: Pleurisy, Pulmonary embolism.

SKIN AND SUBCUTANEOUS TISSUE DISORDERS. Frequent: Hyperhidrosis. Infrequent: Acne, Dermatitis, Dry skin, Eczema, Erythema, Psoriasis, Urticaria. Rare: Photosensitivity reaction.

VASCULAR DISORDERS. Frequent: Hot flush, Hypertension. Infrequent: Hypotension, Peripheral ischemia, Thrombosis.

Post-Marketing Experience:
The following adverse events have been reported during post-approval use of Chantix. Because these events are reported voluntarily from a population of uncertain size, it is not always possible to reliably estimate their frequency or establish a causal relationship to drug exposure.

There have been reports of depressed mood, agitation, changes in behavior, suicidal ideation and suicide in patients attempting to quit smoking while taking Chantix. Smoking cessation with or without treatment is associated with nicotine withdrawal symptoms and the exacerbation of underlying psychiatric illness. Not all patients had known pre-existing psychiatric illness and not all had discontinued smoking. The role of Chantix in these reports is not known (see WARNINGS).

How do they fit all that on the bottle?

Taken from here http://www.rxlist.com/chantix-drug.htm#
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Offtopic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: