ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ZDS #56 - The revenge of Shinobi!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: ZDS #56 - The revenge of Shinobi! Reply with quote

This week's ZDS is a case of happy circumstance. I'd already picked ShinFFA2 off my list for an outing into the newer maps that we didn't get to see last time around and coincidentally Shinobi just happened to have released another update - how many is that now since the very first? Laughing

I continue to enjoy the huge variety of playstyles and visuals in these maps and you should too!

Game Mode: FFA
    Wads: ShinFFA2a
    ShinFFA2_railgun
    Stskins1a (because these were fun last time!)
    Pick a vox, any vox!
    Maps: 16 (29-44)
    DMFLAGS: 33838212/1212424
    Time: 10 mins
    Fraglimit: 40
    Skill: Ultraviolence
    Players: 12 (+4 spec slots)

Date: Saturday 27th September 2008
    Time: 7:30pm UK Time / 9:00 pm EST
    Locations: PlassedHosts / OneEightSeven/[TotalTrash]

Last edited by Cybershark on Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
shinobi-cl
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, cool....

Just dont forget to NOT USE NIGHTMARE SKILL!

You can use cvar overrides if you want, hereĀ“s a little guide on the maps, in case you are not sure which skill you need to use.

Also... MAP37 has a little issue. Theres a lots of trees on the map border, they might attract rockets and plasma balls as they are shootable. I dont know yet how that will work.

I hope that some day a "smart autoaim" is implemented (an autoaim that only aims at enemy players AND barrels, not to any shootable thing), so i think i let it that way and wait.

The rest is ok. Just DON'T USE NIGHTMARE.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Stealth
Gone with the wind

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll mention to Shark to suggest skill 1 in the first post settings - after what you recommended Smile sv_vote_map 1 might also be desirable, I guess Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo, I like this wad. Hopefully I can make it... although I'm not positive.
qwaszx-
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have already Mid-weekZDS'd some of this map I recall. Or am I wrong? Lets see how it goes.
Firmar
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw maaan ! So long i waited for ZDs and now I am ill...I think and hope I'll come but I am not sure Sad but GL and HF Wink
[WH]-Wilou84
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shinobi-cl wrote:

Why ? Surprised

Running out of ammo in the middle of a spree is kinda annoying.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well don't just sit in one place and I hear you can pick up more ammo as well as other guns too! Surprised
(You do realise people were enjoying Doom deathmatch long before sprees and multis were invented, right?)

I fully endorse use of lower skill levels for all gamemodes and so Shin's objection is sustained. UV it is!
[WH]-Wilou84
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:
Well don't just sit in one place and I hear you can pick up more ammo as well as other guns too! Surprised
(You do realise people were enjoying Doom deathmatch long before sprees and multis were invented, right?)

... I didn't think my first comment sounded that dumb Rolling Eyes

Should have used another word than "spree", my bad. But you got the point.

On the paper, yeah, you can always walk in the park, stare at those nice slopes and decoration, and pick up a lot of ammo and guns before you start to hunt for an opponent.

Cybershark wrote:
I fully endorse use of lower skill levels for all gamemodes and so Shin's objection is sustained. UV it is!

Ah well, too bad. A big no-no for many players. :/
But you guys decide.
shinobi-cl
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[WH]-Wilou84 wrote:
shinobi-cl wrote:

Why ? Surprised

Running out of ammo in the middle of a spree is kinda annoying.

What happens is that the wad ALREADY has Double Ammo pickups, via dehacked... So choosing Nightmare is unnecessary, as that will give you CUADRUPLE AMMO PICKUPS (the 4 shells item gives you 16 shells on NM)

The skill levels are used to choose the starting weapons, and some other stuff (Example, on EASY theres a Chaingun on MAP02, on other skill levels there is not)

I had to implement this double-ammo thing so each level has the same level of ammo-pickups, regardless the skill level. NIGHTMARE and IM TOO YOUNG TO DIE both have double ammo, but on IM TOO YOUNG TO DIE weapons do half the damage. This is a classic doom behavoir.

Skulltag has a DMFLAG to implement double-ammo-pickups on all skill levels, but as ZDaemon doesnt have it (and i dont think it will have it in a near time) i had to do this.

Thats why the required skill levels for this wad are
HEY NOT TOO ROUGH (easy)
HURT ME PLENTY (medium)
ULTRA VIOLENCE (hard)

That also allows you use cvar overrides to 'configure' your maplist. For example, in my opinion, MAP18 works better with HARD difficulty, and MAP01 works better with EASY.
shinobi-cl
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn, i just joined on MAP43 Sad

Anyway, good game while it lasts....

Has anyone recorded a demo? I always wanted to see MAP40 (The BIG red one with a yellow tower in the middle) with lots of people

I did record a demo of MAP31. Theres a video from Jad's perspective
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jsooe_Zb6I
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice video shinobi. I always fail at that map, though. At least I know where the BFG is now. ;-P But anyway, this session was a sack of fun. There's some pretty impressive mapping in there, namely, that one city level and the big rocket launcher sphere level with the BFG in the middle.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seemed like a slightly quiet session - too many regulars and not enough unknowns? But hey it's cool that we have enough regulars to keep it rocking!

Shame we didn't get a US server for this but everyone seemed fine with that Smile Did Europe get any good games?

And yay for videoing Jad! His hax are exposed to the world at last!
...or at least everyone finally knows how to get the damn BFG on that map Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Sessions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: