ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How much AUTOAIM do you use?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How much autoaim?
NEVER
17%
 17%  [ 9 ]
VERY LOW
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
LOW
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
MEDIUM
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
HIGH
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
VERY HIGH
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Between 3(Very high) and 100
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
More than 100, but no close to 5000
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
ALWAYS or near 5000
67%
 67%  [ 35 ]
Total Votes : 52

shinobi-cl
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: How much AUTOAIM do you use? Reply with quote

How to know?

Run ZDaemon, and type on your console AUTOAIM, press ENTER

The number will show.

I just discovered this YESTERDAY! Yes, i didnt know it existed, so i lived with autoaim=0 all this time. So, i really want to know now how much autoaim you people, have.

In case you set your AUTOAIM on PLAYER SETUP, those are the values
ALWAYS=5000
VERY HIGH=3
HIGH=2
MEDIUM=1
LOW=0.5
VERY LOW=0.25
NEVER=0

I would prefered to have this poll on General Help & Chatter, but polls are not allowed there. Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Eagle-Eye
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the point in not having it, unless it's turned off for some specifice e.g RJ in a busy place
Fluffles
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALWAYS.
shinobi-cl
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, when i said NEVER KNEW IT EXISTED, i always tought it was a thing of ON/OFF. So i chose OFF.

Eagle-Eye wrote:
I don't see the point in not having it, unless it's turned off for some specifice e.g RJ in a busy place

What about the challenge?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always, I rely on it as a keyboarder. Razz
DevastatioN
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always, since that's how doom2.exe works.

Not that on OS servers your autoaim would automatically work.
SuperNova
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never once turned it off since I started playing ZDaemon. I don't really see the point of disabling it for the purpose of rocket jumping in a heavy populated area with enemies, you have to think they'd be doing damage to you--enough so to prevent you from doing so. But hey, I don't rocket jump much, so perhaps someone can explain that one to me. Razz
BestOfTheWorst
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So err.. Autoaim obviously only does vertical auto-aiming, which is pretty much a must to use if you're playing on a OS server without freelook, as thats how Doom 2 works.

As for newschool servers with freelook.. I think autoaim can be pretty distracting at some places..

say if you're standing on a bridge with a rocket launcher, a opponent is a bit away from you, but under the bridge, and then another one is on the bridge at the same line as the other one under the bridge, but a little further away from you.
When you would shoot at the one on top of the bridge, the autoaim would make the rocket fly down, and explode in your feets. Razz

another freelook+autoaim scenario would be that autoaim doesn't anyhow predict opponents movement, so if someone is running down a stair or a slope, even if you shoot a rocket at the point where the opponent will be after a second or two, autoaim will fuck up your shot, by aiming where they are currently at.

I find autoaim most annoying when it decides to shoot my rocket in the teammate infront of me, instead of the opponent in the same line, but higher and further, and I end blowing up myself. Razz

but yeah, for Old School servers, autoaim definitely on. Wink
WhiteKnight
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why OS rocks Very Happy
Fluffles
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh ya, thats happened to me rather a few times wondered what that was about untill I heard about autoaim.
rygrass
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well when i started i use to have it on . Past few month it was set to NEVER until i got pissed off becuase it wouldn't hit people up high or low so i had to change it back to Always
Lipa
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always. Just because I'm not sure how exactly does it work. I mean... I don't know, but everytime I'm shooting someone without autoaim, It seems to inflict a bit less damage than with autoaim turned on -even if he is on the same height.

Quote:
What about the challenge?

Challenge exists; no matter which config the player is using. It's not a Quake III or Warsow, where players are almost flying because of rocket jumps. Headshots there also aren't exist. But the players are moving faster.

The gameplay mainly concentrates arround 2 dirrections. I'd say that Doom is a quite... 2d FPS. Height isn't just so important like in the other games of this type. Autoaim then isn't giving so much power as it seems to.
Quiksilver
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BestOfTheWorst wrote:
So err.. Autoaim obviously only does vertical auto-aiming, which is pretty much a must to use if you're playing on a OS server without freelook, as thats how Doom 2 works.

As for newschool servers with freelook.. I think autoaim can be pretty distracting at some places..

say if you're standing on a bridge with a rocket launcher, a opponent is a bit away from you, but under the bridge, and then another one is on the bridge at the same line as the other one under the bridge, but a little further away from you.
When you would shoot at the one on top of the bridge, the autoaim would make the rocket fly down, and explode in your feets. Razz

another freelook+autoaim scenario would be that autoaim doesn't anyhow predict opponents movement, so if someone is running down a stair or a slope, even if you shoot a rocket at the point where the opponent will be after a second or two, autoaim will fuck up your shot, by aiming where they are currently at.

I find autoaim most annoying when it decides to shoot my rocket in the teammate infront of me, instead of the opponent in the same line, but higher and further, and I end blowing up myself. Razz

but yeah, for Old School servers, autoaim definitely on. Wink

Hey, don't projectiles pass through BRIDGE things?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
BestOfTheWorst
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quiksilver wrote:
Hey, don't projectiles pass through BRIDGE things?

nope, only hitscan passes and objects that are not monsters/players/projectiles.
Fastidious
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a different setting for each weapon since I almost always play CTF that has mouse look enabled. So I use autoaim 5000 on any hitscan weapon(SSG, CG, etc) then none on projectiles(RL, etc).
pErf3ct _DaRk_
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fastidious wrote:
I use a different setting for each weapon since I almost always play CTF that has mouse look enabled. So I use autoaim 5000 on any hitscan weapon(SSG, CG, etc) then none on projectiles(RL, etc).

I want to do the same however I have no idea how to make the aliases D: !
UltmateDoom
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bestoftheworks really has a point there. I dont use much auto-aim at all.
S1ayerhardc0re
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never used autoaim before: never have and never will. Very Happy
[ETM]Patrick
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

autoaim 5000. But its quite rare for it to piss me off.
Koreyko
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: