ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wish-list for ZDaemon development #2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shinobi-cl
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but that limits you a little.

A real world example:

I made a wad where you start with SG. I now want to offer the possibility to start with a SSG on some maps instead, so i implement SSG on the spawn points and set the difficulty flag to EASY, and let the SG on HARD and MEDIUM.

Now, the only way where you can still have double ammo, is on difficulty 4 (Nightmare) and difficulty 0(Im Too Young To Die)

So when you want to make players starts with SSG, you set the server in 0.

But the problem is, when in 'IM TOO YOUNG TO DIE', the damage is reduced in half. This is Doom's standard behavoir, and hard coded i guess.

With such DMFLAG, map makers have the possibility to implement up to 3 'modes' in their maps, by using the difficulty flags for the things. And, also can be useful for COOP servers.

This can be circunvented up to some degree using a 'helper' wad with some dehacked, but that could break some wads that already have some dehacked in it, as the dehacked lump is overwritten completely and not merged when you load many wads.

So, better that having a flag for 'NORMAL DAMAGE ON I.T.Y.T.D.' seems more reasonable to ask for a 'ALWAYS DOUBLE AMMO' flag.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Stealth
Gone with the wind

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shinobi-cl wrote:
This can be circunvented up to some degree using a 'helper' wad with some dehacked, but that could break some wads that already have some dehacked in it, as the dehacked lump is overwritten completely and not merged when you load many wads.

Rather than use an extra wad, or an extra DMFLAG, why don't you add the dehacked code to your wad to give double ammo for all difficulty levels? It's your wad, you implement it. Not every wad author sets modes based on difficulty levels, so there doesn't seem to be a very good reason to implement it just for those who use it, whenever a little bit of dehacked in your wad would work wonders.

An extra DMFLAG for something that can be implemented via dehacked sounds messy to me, which is why I dislike Skulltag's choice of flag settings. It makes one or the other redundant, just like the old-school deathmatch mode that no-one will ever use.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
shinobi-cl
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Rather than use an extra wad, or an extra DMFLAG, why don't you add the dehacked code to your wad to give double ammo for all difficulty levels?

Because this would give you QUADRUPLE ammo pickups on Nightmare and I'm too young to die.

While this might not seem like a big deal, it is for plasma ammo, specially for maps with BFG.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
rygrass
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if this can be done but maby.

At the end of a match it tells you some statics like how many shots fired, Accuracy , Killing spree's ?
shinobi-cl
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That the frag count sprite flashes or increases sligthly its size when changing.

I.e., that the frag count number grows for half a second and the return to its original size.

And, some crosshairs for high resolution (1024x768 and up), including a circle with a dot in the middle, and also a (- ยท -)
SuperNova
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked this in another topic but failed to get a response, so perhaps this is a better place to ask.

Whenever I play CTF, I always keep the display timer on so that I always know how much time we have (obviously). Anyway, in CTF, it's in the middle of the screen and can often times serve as a distraction while trying to play. So, is there any way I can adjust the place of the timer (off to the side of the screen would be ideal)? If not, could this possibly be something in the works for the next release? Thanks for your time.
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No and maybe; it's just nowhere near the top of the priority list.
SuperNova
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, fair enough.
Stealth
Gone with the wind

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperNova wrote:
Whenever I play CTF, I always keep the display timer on so that I always know how much time we have (obviously). Anyway, in CTF, it's in the middle of the screen and can often times serve as a distraction while trying to play.

Using a righter resolution, and not scaling your hud will improve this significantly. If you use something like 800x600 or higher, you should not be affected by it too much. And depending on where your scoreboard key is, it could sometimes be just as easy to bring it up and see it there, rather than glance down to the bottom left of your screen (I use a reasonably high resolution when playing)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Body-Guard
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ability to use texture sizes non powers of 2 = Forward compatibility for some of the Zdoom wads, such as Rampage.
Body-Guard
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double post:

Do not recognize the 3D mode start as an unknown object.

I dunno, maybe Worst-vd-plas works on it, but I would like to request some more dehacked support online. I mean, for the codepointers: SetShootable,UnSetShootable,Reflective,Invulnerable etcetc. Perhaps not on the top-priority list, but just it would be cool to have aswell.I forgot to mention MonsterRail does not show up in C/S mode.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would make a lot of sense to have 3D mode starts simply ignored by the engine.

But monster rail not working? Surprised
There's a map in DRM1 which uses it and I'm sure it worked fine there...
Body-Guard
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonsterRail does NOT work in C/S mode. I just made this little example wad, try it in sp and C/S. The zombies are used to attack with the railgun, they do no damage, because you can test it in this way better. In C/S the blood shows up on you when taking damage from the railgun, but the spiral itself doesn't show up.

BTW, here it is.(fucking rapidshare)
Stealth
Gone with the wind

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of just ignoring 3d starts, it might be better for all unknown objects to ZDaemon to be simply invisible, rather than appear with a <!>. Yeah, for compatibility reasons. That's as simple as replacing the <!> texture I guess.
BestOfTheWorst
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StealthCP wrote:
Instead of just ignoring 3d starts, it might be better for all unknown objects to ZDaemon to be simply invisible, rather than appear with a <!>. Yeah, for compatibility reasons. That's as simple as replacing the <!> texture I guess.

Yeah, it should be for any unknown object rather than just the 3d-start. Also I dont think the sprite should be replaced or anything like that. Instead it should be given the +DONTDRAWN or +NOSECTOR flag while not in Developer mode.

This 's because the <!> is pretty helpfull in spotting unknown things while testing some maps in developer mode, which must not have any 3dmodestarts, etc. (boom compatible etc., ..and yeah I know I can see the warning in the console, but I still often miss it :p)
DEATHBR1NGER
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well your 3D start issues could be solved if you just uncheck every option on it so it won't appear in game.
Serp_i_Molot
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, but then again, it is simpler just to remove it. So making it invisible would be kind of nice.
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my wish.

Show how many damage you have done total in COOP. I am also curious how much I have done and other people. It would be also cool for competive COOP.

Kills also a side. So kills and damage. Smile
DEATHBR1NGER
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spacepirate wrote:
Here is my wish.

Show how many damage you have done total in COOP. I am also curious how much I have done and other people. It would be also cool for competive COOP.

Kills also a side. So kills and damage. Smile

That would be a good statistic for the coop clans and future clan coop wars Laughing
TimeOfDeath
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember Kilgore saying he would probably add that to the scoreboard for ZD 1.10, including other shcoreboard shtuff.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Development All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 28 of 37

Jump to: