ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The New Zdaemon Clan War Standard.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Clans and Scrims
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GhoulSlayeR
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: The New Zdaemon Clan War Standard. Reply with quote

Sorry for making another topic so soon, but I assure the mods that I'm not spamming. Embarassed

This is a system that I thought up overnight and perfected with the help of a few players.

This system is a general guideline, It is ultimately up to the clans

Code:
=================================================================
         The New Zdaemon Clanwar Standard
Created by GhoulSlayeR and with the help of a former member of this community who is now banned.

The 3 main game modes of Zdaemon will be used.

1on1: 50 frags. If jump and freelook is required for the map, they will be used.

TDM: 2on2, 80 frag limit, Teamdamage enabled, 3 second force respawn.  Freelook will be used if the wad requires it aswell as jump.

CTF: 5 flag limit, 15 minute timer, 4on4 unless something else is agreed upon. Standard Zdaemon CTF DM flags will be used.

If a clan wants Oldschool flags for 1on1 and TDM, an agreement will come in place between both clans.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Number of maps for each gamemode.

1on1: 3 rounds will be played. Each clan picks 3 players each to represent their clan. Each clan picks 1 map each for his/her home ground. The third map is agreed upon each clan. Any duel map can be picked. If a member of one clans participates in a 1on1 match, they may NOT participate in the others.

TDM: 2 rounds will be played. Each clan picks 2 players to represent their clan. Each clan picks a map each. Any FFA Deathmatch map can be picked.

CTF: 3 rounds will be played. Each clan picks 4 players to represent their clan. Each clan picks a map each. The third map is agreed upon each clan. Any CTF map from any wad can be picked.

(with "any map" use common sense please.)

Servers

A server on which the games will be played will be agreed by both Clans, even if different a

server is involved. 8 games in total will be played, both clans can come to an agreement with 4

games on one server and the other 4 on the other if necessary.

such say 1 CTF, 1 TDM, and 2 1on1's will take place on DoomedEarth while the other 2 CTF, 1 TDM,

and 1 1on1, will take place on TotalTrash.

Same applies if a clan from one country plays another clan in another.

Max points in all 3 areas are the same, so there is no set advantage on winning one area because

of the server 4 games were played on.

Scoring System.

Through out the matches, Each clan will collect "points" in various way.

The max points a clan can have is 630.

The way points are scored are:

1on1: Each team gets points from his/her frag count at the end of the round. The winning person gets an additional 20 points for their team after each round. The max points available in the 1on1 area is 210.

TDM: Each team gets points their fragcount at the end of the round. The winning team gets an additional 25 points for their team after each round. The max points available in the TDM area is 210

CTF: Each team gets 10 points for each flag scored at the end of the round. The winning team gets an additional 20 points for their team after each round. The max points available in the CTF area is 210.

Every Section is is equal in the point scoring system.

All the points from each section is added up to a single total for each clan, the clan with the most points wins the clan war.

---------------------------------------------------------------

General Rules

1) Both clans must agree to terms before playing any official matches.

2) Both clans must agree to all the maps before playing any official matches.

3) Both clans must agree to which servers the games will take place on before official matches.

4) Demos and Screenshots must be available if the other clan requests it, If a Screenshot, OR Demo isn't taken and the other team request it, the team loses 10 of their total points.

5) If any team refuses to play matches after the terms and maps were agreed upon, they lose by default.

6) If both teams agree to withdrawl from the war, no winner or loser is decided, it is simply a draw

7) In the event of a tie in total points after all the rounds have been played, Both clans will play a tie breaker round in CTF, The map will be agreed upon by both Clans. The clan that wins the tie breaker round wins the war.

8) Overtime is optional in CTF if both clans agree to it.

9) Any box map (outside of Shoot.wad) made JUST for the clanwar will not be tolerated.

10) If a clan wants to break away from 4on4 CTF, Both clans need to agree on it, and a new number of players for each team will need to be agreed upon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Recording your points

A player from both clans will record the scores on a .txt file during the war. When the war is over, Results will be posted on forum thread in the thread the challenge was proposed.

The txt. file should be in this form or closed to it:

======
1on1
======
---------
Round One
---------
Map:

Server:

(clan 1's score):

(clan 2's score):

---------
Round Two
---------

Map:

Server:

(clan 1's score):

(clan 2's score):

-----------
Round Three
----------

Map:

Server:

(clan 1's score):

(clan 2's score):

===============
Team DeathMatch
===============
---------
Round One
---------

Map:

Server:

(clan 1's score):

(clan 2's score):

---------
Round Two
---------

Map:

Server:

(clan 1's score):

(clan 2's score):

================
Capture the Flag
================
---------
Round One
---------

Map:

Server:

(clan 1's score):

(clan 2's score):

---------
Round Two
---------

Map:

Server:

(clan 1's score):

(clan 2's score):

-----------
Round Three
-----------

Map:

Server:

(clan 1's score):

(clan 2's score):

===========
Total Score
===========

(Clan 1):

(Clan 2):

-----------------------------------------------------------------

TDM setting reasons

2on2 works best because anything more would make the team damage setting really harsh.

Team damage makes TDM more of a team gamemode instead of spamming BFG like a careless idiot.  Player have to be more careful when they use projectile weapons and BFG.

Force respawn in TDM is used so a teammate doesn't respawn while his other teammate spams the other teams players without the fear of team damage.

Frag limit is 80 because it gives the losing team more of a chance to comeback and 2 players on each team can go by quicker than expected with the traditional 50 frag limit.

===================================================================

Thank you for reading,

GhoulSlayeR of Clan [DX]

===================================================================

yeah, a shitload of reading, I know... I was bored last night. Embarassed

This system uses the 3 main game modes of Zdaemon in a equal way.

1on1 TDM CTF

It surely tests the skill of a clan in all ways. A clan that owns CTF still has to cover up TDM and 1on1 in insure the win. and like wise, a solid 1on1 clan has to test it's skill in the team based gamemodes.

The Reason?!

Well, I think the Zdaemon clan scene isn't what it used to be. Whenever a clan war does happen at all, people just shout out "Map01, Map04 and Map08!!"

I think this system is more diverse and would be a better way to do it. It brings TDM (underplayed) to the mix, and 1on1 (whens the last time you seen this in a clanwar?) aswell.

No need to keep going on, Go beat the crap out of eachother Cool

Comments?

(might have typos) (all nighter Wink )

Last edited by GhoulSlayeR on Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:49 am; edited 3 times in total
coolboy
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it i can never get the other clans to tdm war with us
indyroo
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indyroo agrees with coolboy, He likes it! Very Happy
Robbbbb
Born with a creativity deficiency

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah well it's a good idea, though, I'm not sure most people would follow the 'standard' as such, because most people make their own rules determined by what they want to play. That being said, it's a great idea, and hopefully many future clan wars will follow this method of determining the winner
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking to Ghoul earlier about this. I really like his ideas and I think the clan leaders should try and push this one.

Here's my thoughts:

1) Create a Sticky with "Suggested clan war format" with these ideas there. Something that people can adere to.

2) Get a few showcase clan wars going using this format to mincrease interest. I'd suggest maybe one war in the US, one war in Europe, one war in Aus. That way we get 3 clan wars to test it from the three major regions. We can then work out any flaws that might become apparent, but more importantly it'll give us 3 more clan wars than we've had in probably 2 years.

To get the ball rolling I'm willing to put UBR forward as one of the European teams. I'd like to suggest maybe we play Chaos? As both clans get on very well and it'd avoid any trash talk that might stop us from testing this out.

3) I think the most important thing here is that with Ghoul's outline, TDM CTF and 1on1 are equally weighted. I can see this bringing life to the clan scene again that really needs it. It will encourage clans that are strong in 1on1 and TDM to start playing again.
GhoulSlayeR
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Thad about testing the system out, and I'm glad that people are showing a good interest in it Smile

Testing it for flaws is defiantly a must because nothing it perfect the 1st time Razz
Xenaero
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good initiative. There's one problem, though. Getting the clans to actually participate and be competitive.
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I know for a fact that there will be 4 or 5 clans in Europe that will want to try this out so we should get some good feedback. It's about time we all did something rather than just wearing a tag.
GhoulSlayeR
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thadeuss wrote:
It's about time we all did something rather than just wearing a tag.

I just gotta say......Hell Yeah.

On the side: I think I can talk to the DX boyz about a War with UD under this system. Ill see what the others think.
zdplayer
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
TDM: 2on2, 80 frag limit, Teamdamage enabled, 3 second force respawn. Freelook will be used if the wad requires it aswell as jump.

I dont like it.
Teamdamage disabled, freelook enable, jump disable
SuperNova
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TDM with teamdamage is the best way to determine a clans overall ability to work as a team without fucking up. I.E not just spamming bfg in hopes of winning.
GhoulSlayeR
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zdplayer wrote:
Quote:
TDM: 2on2, 80 frag limit, Teamdamage enabled, 3 second force respawn. Freelook will be used if the wad requires it aswell as jump.

I dont like it.
Teamdamage disabled, freelook enable, jump disable

Looks at the "TDM settings Reason" for the explanations of Team damage.

also, Freelook and jump depend on the map thats being played.

Like d5m1 TDM doesn't need freelook or jump.

But that tsldm map13 I think? Requires Jump and freelook due to it being a NS based wad.
DarkeTiger
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally love freelook and jump, I kinda suck without them
pErf3ct _DaRk_
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very good, in all ways. This brings the entire skills of a team on the battlefield which is good.

Keep it up !
_Godlike_
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this way alot, therefore there's more of a variety of maps and game modes played during a clanwar. Maybe the clan isn't 'that' good at ctf but kicks major ass in tdm and 1 vs 1 :p
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperNova
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good looking layout, Ghoul, but there are some things I'd do differently. And being that I'm a reasonable, insightful man, I will tell you exactly what I'd do and present my arguments.

I'm not big on a "point system." The problem with that is it's sole basis is dependant upon frag and flag count, which I'm also not particularly a fan of because of the inconsistencies of each map. Not to say that one map is better than another but what I mean is that each map has a different nature, a different feel and strategy to it. For example, maps like Dwango5 Map07 and Doom2 Map01 are less likely to have close scores because of their spawn frag-happy styles than what games of Dwango5 map01 or other slower maps would have.

Sure, the argument of selecting a map with this basis provides an unique strategy, but I would think that an ideal system would be implemented to eliminate these kinds of inconsistencies.

I do like the idea of employing the 3 major game modes into clan wars. However, I think that having a clear-cut winner should be determined by by best out of 3. My layout is very similar to yours, Ghoul, but a tad different in regards to what counts.

1vs1: 3, 5, or 7 matches are to take place (an odd number at the very least so that no ties can happen). As an example, if 3 matches is to be the determination of who will win--like your system, Ghoul--both clans will select one map and one player to play in it and a mutually agreed upon map and another to play in it. Needless to say, the same player can not play in multiple maps.

Winner is determined by maps won, not frags. A win is a win, it shouldn't matter how impressive the win is, thus it should not be held against or in favor of any clan.

Team DeathMatch: Determined by maps won with an odd number of selection with each team selecting their maps with the number depending on the amount of odd games played. One map will be mutually agreed upon and each team is allowed to play the same team in each map if desired.

Preferabley, 2on2 would be ideal and anything over 3 should be looked down upon because after you start adding more than 4 or more players to each team, it becomes more of a chaotic free for all game.

Important Note: TEAMDAMAGE MUST BE ENABLED. IT DETOURS A FREE-FOR-ALL-LIKE MENTALITY OF SPAM AND ENCOURAGES MORE TEAMWORK.

*The quantity of each team's players can be open to just about anything as long as the map is well-suited for a larger TDM match and that both teams agree upon it.

Capture The Flag: Ideally, 3vs3 or 4vs4 is to be selected, but like TDM, quantity is neogitable as long as the map is well-suited for larger amounts and each team agrees upon it. An odd number of games must be selected and overtime is only to take place if the series is tied and the said tied match is the series-deciding game. Winner is determined by maps won, not flags.

Similar to my beliefs of 1vs1, each CTF map holds a different style of game-play and it should not be held in favor of or against any clan.

As an example, maps like ZDCtfmp1 Map01 and Map04 are usually matches where scores are typically higher whereas maps like map07 and map19 tend to have lower scores.

There is no perfect map and in order to determine who is truly the better team, a game based upon flags/frags would have to be played on perfect maps. Each map has it's own flaws and those simple flaws can be the difference between a clan winning and losing. Wouldn't you want to decide a win or loss based upon your hard work and efforts to win, not a simple flaw?

Sure, the argument can be made that there is nothing stopping either team from exploiting these flaws and using them to their advantage, but something that small should not be deciding something so big alone. Either way, the flaws are going to make a difference through each flag and frag count or essentially doing so when a team wins a series-clincing game.

The idea is to keep the percentage of flaws being a huge deciding factor as low as possible, and I believe maps won is the best way to do it. And to be honest, it's just not that shabby, eh? Cool

But these systems are all nice and such, but they are certainly open to being tweaked with by each clan to favor their ideals of what is and isn't an even playing-field. However, at the end of the day, it's going to come down to what each team wants and what they believe and that will always be how it takes place.

There is no such thing as a standard way of playing a clan-war, these ideas are more-or-less just guidelines. These are simply mine.

But to go off-topic a bit, I don't think the problem of clan-activity is the guidelines of how games are being played. The problem is people being afraid to play. Some use the ol' disrespectful excuse. Well, guess what? Respect is not earned on the forums or media of a competitive playing-field, it's won on the field.

Others like to use the "we're rusty and want to stay out of the ring of 'drama.'" Well, guess what? If you're rusty or inactive, then stop going around saying you're the best without backing it up. If you want to stay out of the ring of drama, just keep your mouth closed and play. Put up or shut up.

And the other big factor which is always the one uncontrolable element is that people do have lives outside of this game. When summer-time comes, the clan scene will more than likely see activity since people aren't in school and schedules become more flexible.

So, to close this long, over-drawn post out, I think that there is no true "best team." The best clan is the clan who is hottest at the time. Nothing is perfect and in the end, perfection is what we stride for and if perfection was reached, what would there be to play for? Guidelines are simply put in place to try and spit-shine those reaches for said-perfection.
GhostlyDeath
God like!

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clan War Standard?

Kind of enforcing if you were to say every clan must do this.
Rexnor
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly agree with the standards, are pretty cool, yet, if an ordinary clan war including only CTF could take some time to play, imagine how much time these would take, like Nova said, people do have lives outside doom, and as a guideline could be pretty useful, but I believe clans would stick to the mod they choose to decide the clanwar, what I want to say is, most clans make their own rules on how to determine the winner, and this method by itself owns, i just think, in my personal opinion that by following it, a clanwar might take a lot of time, which many clanmembers may not have, but as everything, some people might want to use it, some not, so like I said, as a guideline seems pretty useful, and I also agree with nova, that the actual problem about having too little activity in the clan scene, it's not because the methods the people is using are wrong, I believe that some clans are just not willing to step into the field, fight their asses off in a clanwar, fear, lazyness, busy life, whatever you wanna call it, some clans are just practicing and practicing, but they don't get to fight anyone D:, let's hope this encourages clan leaders to get their clans into more activity
Rexnor
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw who's nova?
GhoulSlayeR
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostlyDeath wrote:
Clan War Standard?

Kind of enforcing if you were to say every clan must do this.

Yeah, too many replies to reply to or I would here all day D:

Not really "enforcing" it, more like a "guideline" as Rexnor said, It is up to the clans playing eachother on how they would want to it, such as SuperNova's Suggestion for example.

I gave my way in the 1st post with a balenced point system equal in every area.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Clans and Scrims All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: