ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

fer shizzle

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KillaH
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: fer shizzle Reply with quote

YO what it do. the one eight seven server was a no show this past time due to a paintball tourney but will return next saturday to support the cause fuh shizzle!
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Re: fer shizzle Reply with quote

KillaH wrote:
YO what it do. the one eight seven server was a no show this past time due to a paintball tourney but will return next saturday to support the cause fuh shizzle!

Well, it looks like there will be no Zdaemon session this week. There hasn't been organised one yet. Wake up Cybershark and / or Humanbones! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
qwaszx-
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost 40 weeks in a row it's a lot of work, I think most around here apreciate the work that they are doing. But it seems that someone is taking a long Sharknap and I haven't seen HumanBones around in the ZDS scene lately.

Awesome work you both. For what I see, they can take this week free.
rygrass
God like!

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep fair enough and i was ready this time

or mabey someone can make one? First in first serve sorta thing again or a quick ass vote
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
lockwolf
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if I don't see a ZDS in the morning there is gonna be a slim chance I care enough to put up a server.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rygrass
God like!

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lockwolf wrote:
if I don't see a ZDS in the morning there is gonna be a slim chance I care enough to put up a server.

only bad thing my ZDS starts in 2:30 hours Razz
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qwaszx- wrote:
Almost 40 weeks in a row it's a lot of work...

Y'know, that's just what I was thinking too Ducky.

I believe Bones and I have lasted more than twice as long as both the last incarnations of ZDS put together. We're like Duracell baby!

Bones might be semi-AWOL but I'm still loving running it - it's like the one time of the week when I can still get excited about playing ZD (which is actually a bad thing I guess...) And there's still lots of fun stuff out there for us to run through.

I just have problems with internetz access at the moment which isn't making it easy for me to do anything, let alone this. The other problem is that neither Bones nor I are exactly wise in the ways of Co-op. I have an idea here and there but there's very little good stuff that falls between the OS-style WADs (which are great but keep crashing the server with more than 4 people) and the modern ZDoom stuff (which won't fully work on Zdaemon).

Worsty had some ideas before and almost had something together (with TheCupboard) for us this week but they didn't quite get it out the door in time and that's ok as we don't want anything too rushed. I guess I'm saying - contrary to general ZD policy - that we'd quite like a hand around here. Lockwolf or Qwaszx, either or both of you guys are welcome on as official-deciders-of-what-should-be-run in recognition of your services to ZDS but what we could really do with, as I said, is someone who knows decent Co-op WADs better. Worst? Are you up to it? Anyone else think they have the right stuff?

Anyways, yeah, break this week. Although I suspect I'll be in some random server at the usual time and any of you guys are welcome to join me for some unofficial ZDS action Smile
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have got what it takes for the job. I know most coop packs from nowadays and many from the past. I'm a coop player / mapper at heart and not ashamed of it, because, well, it's what I like to play. This is also the reason that I am interested in writing reviews for coop wads. That's why I helped the ZDReview out on the to-do list of the coop wads.

If you allow me, I even have a great coop wad in mind for tonight. Sure, it will be on short notice, but maybe we can make it in time, depending on the speed of your reply.
qwaszx-
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would gadly accept any job you set me. Anything in name of ZDS.
Stealth
Gone with the wind

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I thought I'd get into less trouble than Ronald for hosting an unofficial ZDS, but there are a lack of good coop wads and Ronald suggested a winner. If we'd kept Nightmare difficulty from the start people would have soon realised how fun it turned out to be, and hell did it fit in with everything else about the wad and session Razz

ZDS is supposed to be about showcasing new wads, right? There's more to that, as Cybershark has proven in the past, showing off really recent wads that didn't get the welcoming they deserve. Tuomio's Nightmare wad is a perfect example of that. Although it's mainly a single player wad, I never see it hosted, and with the settings I proposed last night I feel it definitely deserves a slot somewhere. I'll host it on Fasthosts for a while, though with a 5 player limit to avoid it affecting other servers.

I would agree that there should be a slight more community involvement in this, however not to say 'let's let the community decide what will run', because that ends up in tears, from us, as nothing get's hosted that is the point of ZDS.

A few server hosts must feel the same way I do at times, annoyed at other server hosts for hosting the same old crap over and over and over.. Quaszx and Worst know their wads more than their willies and should definitely come up with good suggestions of course. The suggestions could stretch to include the server settings, perhaps a few screenshots, and leaving no work whatsoever for our battery buddies Razz

Although I don't want to see them left out of course, we'll need to decide on how this works, perhaps a rotation of who decides what to host? Rather than a rotation of gamemodes? don't forget this doesn't really work, you can't justify hosting coop as much as Deathmatch or CTF unless you're gonna use something like SLIGE every couple of weeks. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Sessions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: