ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your first post in these forums
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tuomio
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 5:37 am    Post subject: Your first post in these forums Reply with quote

Show me your first post in these forums! You can find that out by going to Search, search for author and select ascending, click search.

Quote:
Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:23 pm

Im On.

Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:43 pm

Cool, do we have to make contact with opponent and decide when we play? Then we post it in here or...?

and this was in euro open tourney april 2005
[SIN]Hatred
God like!

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, whoa; this is a good thread, Tuomio! I just read over my first post and the best way to sum up my reaction is: Shocked .

[SIN]Hatred wrote:
Well. If he would'nt of cheated, they'd never be gone. I understand it costed money to keep them up, but cheating is cheating. No money should be able to justify any cheat. Its a sad thing to see but so be it. 1 more cheater gone makes Zdaemon that much better.

lol
DarkeTiger
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't really see much point in this thread, but anyway

Posted: 11 May 05, 20:54 pm
DarkeTiger wrote:
In case you were wondering were the map error fixer is located in DB
It is at the top under tools - find map errors
Choose which problems to search for
To fix click on problem then click on fix and recheck
In some cases the fix and recheck button will not appear

I'm so helpful =P

Last edited by DarkeTiger on Sat May 17, 2008 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
lockwolf
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i havent been able to set up a game with my opponet but i would gladly conciede due to the fact he is in the top 25 players

Hella old post from the first tourney I ever played, my ass got kicked
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kitty
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well, I am am new to the forums here and kind of new to ZD.
[SDC], or Sexy Doom Chicks, was orignally formed on Skulltag Online by myself and Wax Figure and we are now expanding to Zdaemon. Any decent female players who are interested in joining our clan can contact me or Wax for information on how to get in.
rygrass
God like!

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rygrass wrote:
lmao nice write up i look foward to playing this game and seeing score like 25-0 to nz Razz

nice write indead tho
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Serp_i_Molot
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serp_i_Molot in his first post wrote:
Although I've played Zdaemon for a while now, I just got my account activated, so I would like to take this opportunity to say hi. I looked through the forums and I know I've played many of you, some even more than once I found that the people on Zdaemon are a lot more helpful than other online communities. Hope to see the rest of you on the servers soon, maybe I'll even win some.

My thoughts: the people are shit, the game is shit, and I just suck Smile Nah, kidding, the people here are pretty good, except for some. The game is Doom, it kicks ass by default. I still suck :p
int28
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I like to booze er up and win when I can, that is fun.

It was a poll, What is the objective of playing doom and zdaemon?
To have fun.
76% [ 23 ]
To win.
23% [ 7 ]

Total Votes : 30

Still holds true for today, although it's easier to booze er up than it is to win now Sad
Roscoe3000
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:09 am Subject: ...

Hope your clan frags em and flags em good, Swaggy. =D

=D
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
stewboy
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How do you make jump pads, low gravity and everything else you mentioned?

My second post was slightly more useful, announcing the release of my (crappy) DM wad.
Stealth
Gone with the wind

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Wish people would join the Kegety server...

With regards to the csDoom server that was still up at that time Razz I used to idle there, waiting for people to join. I think I did get 2-3 games ever on there, which were fun Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lippy
overactive hormones

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh happy days,

Quote:
Hey cybershark and milian what wad builder is the best one to use? I use doom builder.
Eagle-Eye
God like!

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It was some noob Lt_Sammy signing HoCk up because [Hm] wouldn't let him in the clan. Just some nooby kid Rolling Eyes

o.O
Rebecca
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:49 pm
Rebecca wrote:
Clan: The teenagers
Tag: teenage
Homepage: eek. not yet :]
Chat: , channel #teenage
Founded: 2006
Leaders: teenagezombie, and teenagezancudo.
Recruitment: Open.
Xenaero
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted: Fri May 23, 2003 9:47 am
Xenaero wrote:
when i try to edit "Bots.cfg" in the zjacun folder and then start a new game in the client, a error comes up. it's something like this: "script error: line [last line in bots.cfg here] (unexpected end of file)" how do i fix this? the game will only run if i have the original config file there. Crying or Very sad

Eek!
pErf3ct _DaRk_
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As using my Chaos account I found :

[Chaos]_DaRk_ wrote:
Good idea chain Smile

[Zdaemon World Players thread]
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hey all, this is a thread to see what people think about the experience system in Zdaemon, specifically, what would you do to change it? Alot of people seem to think that the EXP system does not reflect upon a players skill, so what type of system would? Here's some of my ideas to get started.

1) The amount of experience gained should be based upon how high an opponents EXP is, so if it is a Noob, or someone with a much lower EXP rating than you, then you should recieve little EXP, conversely, if someone has a much higher level of EXP than you, then the rewards should be great, this would encourage players to play those who are "better" than them.

2) Ahhh, the BFG debate, to be honest i don't really use it much, but it's part of the game. so if people want to thats fine, however with regards to EXP, you should recieve far less EXP for BFG kills than a plasma gun, even more for RL, then DB Shotgun, etc, so the weaker the weapon the higher the EXP, this would encourage players to rely on more "skilled" weapons,making fights far more combative. It would also completely turn the rankings table on its head.

3) With regards to capture the flag, EXP should be awarded for the following, capturing the flag, returning the flag, and of course scoring a point for the team. This may discourage people to defend, which is important with more advanced teams, however, shooting a player with the flag should give EXP to the defender and counteract this. This does lead to the issue of whether you should have a CTF stat and a DM stat seperately.

4) If, as mentioned above, there is a seperate EXP ranking system for different games then you could feasibly have a ranking system for coop. This is a BIG IF. This could relate to how many players there are, kills, and deaths and could be tallied up with the completion of each level, perhaps with the added incentive of bonus points for those who finish the level first(this may annoy some players, who want a complete body count). This is the only idea i'm not to sure about, but i think it could be kind of fun.

5) With regards to TEAM DM, i think it would probably just be a case of same system for DM, but with added points for the team that finishes first, perhaps with a greater emphasis on consequtive kills, which helps the team.

Finally, i do love the points system Zdaemon has as far as when i go on a rampage i know i'm getting a load of EXP, however, it doesnt really infer skill, more really, how often you play. I feel if EXP systems like this were in place, it would add even more to the addictiveness of the ultimate in online gaming, DOOM, it would probably attract more players and start a complete rebirth of the scene, what do you think?

Thad[DMG]

what a dick I was (possibly still am?)

Oh yeh and if you guys wanna see some ownage, check out Kilgore's first ever reply to me :p

Quote:
How many threads did you start JUST TODAY? too excited about discovering ZDaemon?
Hand-Of-Doom
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:45 pm Post subject: re: Favourite games

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

Favourite game type: FPS

Favourite games: DooM, Quake, Duke Nukem Manhattan Project,
DN3d.
Reasons why: Playability and realism.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
switcher
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started out here as the Switchman...

Switchman April 23 2004 wrote:
It's easy to resize any pic for an avatar just use windows paint and set the pixel size under attributes. After a bit of monkeying around you'll get something you like. Do an image search in google using a criteria that represents your avatar's obvious characteristics and you'll get loads of pics to crop.

Then I became switcher when I could not fit my nick and clan tag together...

switcher Jun 27 2004 wrote:
If that's what makes you happy Splash you can have the 122,855 experience points I just tossed into the trash with The Switchman's account heheh.
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Seriously experience points mean absolutely nothing dude. Really really!!!

Imagine saying that back in 2004... how prophetic I was!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
WhiteKnight
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhiteKnight wrote:
Ok I've been pretty pissed off about this for a very very long tiime. Here is the problem, and I need somebody to help me...

I open up the Zlauncher and I sign in, and that's all good. When I sign in, the launcher tries to give a list of servers, now I imagine there should be 350+ servers leaping onto my screen? No. I seem to finish up with less than 100 servers and everything times out (internet wise). My Msn and Internet just go off for a couple of minutes before my internet is refreshed and I'm sat here with 63 servers on my screen.

I've tried reinstalling ZD, I've tried adjusting Norton firewall and windows firewall and I've even had a flick round my router settings.

I've been trying all sorts of different things for months and the only way I can connect to servers is by doing the zds://<ip address> old fashioned method, and that's when I ask someone for the link to the server they want to play on.

If you need more info or can help me out in any way please do so in great detail please as I'm not the most computer literate lad Razz Thanks anyway.

Bad times Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Offtopic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: