ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hysteric CTF
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
qwaszx-
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Hysteric CTF Reply with quote

{ Hysteric CTF }

I'm retaking this project since it need a lot of work to be complete. I'm working on new maps too.

You can download Hysteric CTF beta3f from here:

hystericctf_beta3f.zip

---

UPDATES:

28/10/07: beta1 released
11/11/07: beta1 bugs repaired, ready to release new maps soon. Thx to all testers!
29/11/07: beta1d release. 2 new maps. Start testing.
30/11/07: beta2 release. GFX graphics added. Bugs in new maps repaired. Thanks again to the testers.
06/12/07: beta2b release. 2 new maps. Testing start soon.
10/12/07: beta2c release. MIDIS Added. Some bugs repaired. Detail added on MAP03 and 04
19/12/07 (1:31 AM): beta2d release. New map. Minor bugs repaired on some maps
19/12/07 (8:38 PM): beta2e release. Lots and lots of bugs and misaligned textures repaired. Also repaired a major bug on MAP07 that affected gameplay.
30/12/07: beta3 release. New map and made some changes on most of maps.
19/03/08: beta3b release. Details only. Last two maps almost complete.
20/03/08: final1 release. Final Two maps. Only test play and details needed to final version.
23/06/08: Project is open again. beta3e. New map and some detail on other maps.
18/07/08: beta3f release. New Map, detail on Map03.

---

< MAP01 > "The Tears of a God"

< MAP02 > "Incoming"

< MAP03 > "Visto Bueno"

< MAP04 > "Heavy Frag"

< MAP05 > "Sacrifice Pit"

< MAP06 > "Platinum"

< MAP07 > "Flags Factory"

< MAP08 > "T-ReX C0mpleX"

< MAP09 > "3.14159265358979323"

< MAP10 > "Hysteria Incarnated"

< MAP11 > "Angel's Harbour"

< MAP12> "Look Into My Belly"

---

Enjoy the Hysteria...

Last edited by qwaszx- on Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:12 am; edited 39 times in total
Doomination
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The map presented in the first screenshot is too dark.
qwaszx-
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doomination wrote:
The map presented in the first screenshot is too dark.

It's just the screenshot. It's not that dark in actual gameplay
Serp_i_Molot
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit, this is pretty amazing if you consider yourself an inexperienced mapper. I lol'ed @ the Bunny tho Laughing
[n00b]Adereth
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please add deathmatch starts Sad

EDIT: Also, please make sure you're using the new CTF standard. Flags are 5130 (blue) and 5131 (red). Player starts are 5080 (blue) and 5081 (red). Just type the number into the thing type number field in your map editor.
qwaszx-
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serp_i_Molot wrote:
I have to admit, this is pretty amazing if you consider yourself an inexperienced mapper. I lol'ed @ the Bunny tho Laughing

Heh, I don't even tried hard to come out with names lol

[n00b]Adereth wrote:

EDIT: Also, please make sure you're using the new CTF standard. Flags are 5130 (blue) and 5131 (red). Player starts are 5080 (blue) and 5081 (red). Just type the number into the thing type number field in your map editor.

Thanks Adereth! Smile
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually i don't think you should add DM or P1 starts if you want it to be compatible with ST. if you're not bothered about that then it would be polite, yes.

ok, just took a look and i had no clue what was going on in map01. i shouldn't have to open it up in DB to figure things out
first i was annoyed i got stuck by the waterfalls (between the slopes and the end of the 'pier'). then the deeper pits in the water bugged me, there's allsorts of HOM in there. couldn't figure out how/if the ladders were supposed to work and ditto for the bars into the bases.
but hey, aside from those paper-thin ceilings you have going on (at the upper passageways where the torches are) then this looks like it could be interesting basically i think you just forgot to tag a lot of stuff for DM play.

and map02 looks like it could be fun too but again, if i run something in CTF mode i expect to be able to play it and not have to work out what things should do. being a first-time mapper then this is all excusable but please test it before you post it for others to look at Wink

and maybe it's just the way you took the pic of map03 or the fact that it's a work-in-progress but those miles of ceiling which are all one unbroken flat are a real turn-off.
qwaszx-
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:
actually i don't think you should add DM or P1 starts if you want it to be compatible with ST. if you're not bothered about that then it would be polite, yes.

ok, just took a look and i had no clue what was going on in map01. i shouldn't have to open it up in DB to figure things out
first i was annoyed i got stuck by the waterfalls (between the slopes and the end of the 'pier'). then the deeper pits in the water bugged me, there's allsorts of HOM in there. couldn't figure out how/if the ladders were supposed to work and ditto for the bars into the bases.
but hey, aside from those paper-thin ceilings you have going on (at the upper passageways where the torches are) then this looks like it could be interesting basically i think you just forgot to tag a lot of stuff for DM play.

and map02 looks like it could be fun too but again, if i run something in CTF mode i expect to be able to play it and not have to work out what things should do. being a first-time mapper then this is all excusable but please test it before you post it for others to look at Wink

and maybe it's just the way you took the pic of map03 or the fact that it's a work-in-progress but those miles of ceiling which are all one unbroken flat are a real turn-off.

Ok, Sharkie, time to answer some questions Smile

Since this is my first CTF WAD, I have no idea (and by no idea I mean none) of how to set the server. For first place, I have been trying to make "Deep Water" work on staircases so you can climb them (like in tlsxctf), but it seems that it don't work at all in DM. The water pits in map one, have the Deep Water too. Maybe you got bugged by having to climb that things. And what you mean that I miss a lot of stuff to tag?

About comments of MAP02, yeah the wad is not intended to be a completely playable wad, I still wanted to check a little details like asking this things. For MAP02 seems to be playable, but it seems I still need to add those tags your telling me.
I tested map on ZDOOM and ZD as well, but since I haven't been able to set the correct DMflags for a server don't have checked it online.

On map 03, nah I just cut the ceiling. The Map is like that. Hope you can help me with this little things Cybershark. I would be very grateful.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, for the tags i mean the flags on the things in the map. i just don't like saying flags because then it gets confused with CTF flags Razz
all your items (except for the 3D mode start) should have the following flags set:
Easy
Medium
Hard
Singleplayer
Multiplayer
Deathmatch

realistically for a CTF map then you probly only need the 'Hard' and 'Deathmatch' flags but it's better to cover all eventualities.

what you seem to be trying with the water is indeed possible. can't think of a single damn example map you could look at atm though Sad

if you want to test CTF maps offline in Zdaemon then go to the ZLAUNCHER.INI file in your zdaemon directory.
simply open it up in notepad, head down to the section labelled '[SP_Mode]' and right after that add the line
Code:
ctf=2

(just make sure you only edit it while the launcher is closed or i'm not responsible for any adverse side-effects! Razz)

oh and i forgot to say that you missed some textures on the sides of slopes in map02 Wink
qwaszx-
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything worked perfectly... except 1 thing. It seems that I respawn on blue team spots even if I am in red team... I have rechecked my map and Things number is set correctly. It respawn in both, I mean, I sometimes respawn on red team spots and sometimes on blue team. Do you know whats going on?

EDIT: I think I found the problem... forgot to set Enable Team Starts
[n00b]Adereth
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. The DMFLAG Enable Team Starts is the magic keyword here.
qwaszx-
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I set up a Test Server about 2 hours ago, and got help from about 10 players that actually help me to test maps. I found a incredible number of bugs and this will be repaired soon.

Bugs list:

MAP01
- Got the advice to set the stairs texture like a line and not like part of the sector
- Lots of problems with water and some sector without deep water
- Unknown texture and flats in some parts

MAP02
- Some flags (textures) are making the map look kinda weird
- For some reason the red entrance lower when you wall on a place that it's not intended to.
- Unknown textures and flats in some parts
- Doors thats leads to flags seems to have some problems opening and closing.

I'll try to correct this problems and upload a new version very soon. I'll be running another test server soon. For instance, MAP03 is almost done and I have already started 04.

Thx for the help and advises.
qwaszx-
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update (beta1b):

Bugs Repaired and made some changes in maps.

New Maps soon Smile

{Link Removed: New Version}
qwaszx-
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update (beta1d):

2 New Maps, only MAP04 has been tested.

No too much details on this two maps, I'll work on them for the final version.

{Link Removed: New Version}

NOTE: beta1c was just for testing MAP04

Last edited by qwaszx- on Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Skater
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[n00b]Adereth wrote:

Is there a number list for all items, flags, enemys, weapons, etc and if so where can one get this list?

I've been trying to make a map with earthquakes , etc.

Tks.. Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
pugly
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COOOL MAP I Cant Wait to taste It Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pugly wrote:
COOOL MAP I Cant Wait to taste It Smile

lol, did you mean test or are you really going to eat it? Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
qwaszx-
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skater wrote:
[n00b]Adereth wrote:

Is there a number list for all items, flags, enemys, weapons, etc and if so where can one get this list?

I've been trying to make a map with earthquakes , etc.

Tks.. Cool

I thought Adereth have already answer that to you in another thread around here.

http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Thing_types

Real feedback now people lol :p
qwaszx-
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update (beta2):

Beta2 is here, and I have finally added the GFX graphics. I would really appreciate if you can download my wad just to check them and give your opinion about them. I'll take suggestions and rants just to improve them in a future version. Also, some bugs repaired in the new maps

{ Link Removed: New Version }

New Maps SOON!! Very Happy

Last edited by qwaszx- on Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alfred
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey my grass Surprised

alright, I'll try to be helpful, I'll list things that I know players do like in ctf maps...

Like: more than one way in and out of the base, smaller halls for quick defensive offense, easy to defend middle areas, and easy access to the flag ie: in plain sight.

For the first map I found it would probably be too hard to get into the base at first, also the ladder is extremely hard to spot. If you want to keep it like that i'd suggest putting another ladder entrance on the opposite side of the base.

The second map is loads better than it was in rfactf. You fixed most of the things that i told you would be a problem Wink thought you probably did it because a lot of people complained. lol Like i told you they would D:

3rd map feels pretty barren not a whole lot going on... the halls are a little too big and the map just feels too expansive, the high ceilings and wideness of the rooms attribute to that. Even with these flaws, it has potential, don't give up on it just yet. Maybe change the theme from brown to something a little more like what you've been doing.

Fourth: Again, a little barren, i'm guessing thats because they're not as worked on as the first two. In the bases the square metal flat does not look good sloped like that in my opinion. You could trace the flat, that might look better, or use a different one. The lighting is too bright on this and the one before as well, again attributable to these being newer. A few brightness variations go a long way.

Hope that helps you improve your maps and stuffz.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Wad Editing All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: