ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thanks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiller
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:45 am    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

I would like to say thanks for keeping Doom alive and well. I played it when it first came out for hours on end. After Quake, I forgot all about it and never looked back. Many games and game server hostings later, I find ZDaemon! I got hooked and had to put up a server at 67.128.162.130:10666 It's CTF since that is what I like, running the zvox2 wad per Raider's suggestion. Thanks again and let me know if I can help in any way.

http://www.ultimategamerz.com
scirmast
Da Po-po

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Zdaemon! The best thing how you can keep the community alive is to play and enjoy! Of course the server helps too. It's good to see those who have found light again.
Raider
Lazy Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to ZDaemon. You can help by playing often, and by getting others to join us as well Smile
switchman
On a Rampage!

Location: longitude: 79d 50m W latitude: 43d 20m N (-5:00 GMT)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree thanks for keeping ZDaemon and DOOM going all this time!
I'm another born again Doomer!
Here's my confessions:
Way back in '95 I played 1 on 1 office deathmatch using SERSETUP with a serial cable... with blip bloop PC speakers heheh.
Then I did the dial up 1 on 1 thing for a while. I used to play with a guy in a city 400 miles away from me and one month we racked up over $6,000.00 in pseudo LD charges heheh. I say pseudo charges because we worked for the phone company and no invoices were ever generated for our lines heheh (whew!).
Then around 2000 I discovered ZDaemon. It was quite different back then I seem to remember that it was kind of like a chat room and people invited each other to play or something... I think it was only 1 on 1 matches at that time - correct me if I'm wrong.
Then shit happened (2 kids) and I lost the Doom light for a while.
About a month ago a co-worker of mine introduced me to Halo PC through our 100 meg stream down at our telecommunications switchroom (hence I'm the Switchman) and it got me longing for Doom again.
I thought that Doom had pretty much petered out but lo and behold I was so surprised to find that the ZDaemon community was strong and had even grown since 2000!
I've been using ZDaemon to cure what ails me for less than a month now but I already have a painful callous on my "run" finger and am hopelessly addicted to Dwango5 Map7 heheh.
A FEW REASONS WHY DOOM AND ZDAEMON ARE FAR SUPERIOR TO HALO:
- No automatic health recovery
- No Banshees
- No Vehicles
- No benefit in hopping around all the time
- Universal weapon availability
- Automatic weapon pickup
- Experience points
- Frag stats
- Death with honour (no getting run over by cars or planes coming out of nowhere)
- Doomers are cooler people.
fodders_DS
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

switchman wrote:
Then around 2000 I discovered ZDaemon. It was quite different back then I seem to remember that it was kind of like a chat room and people invited each other to play or something... I think it was only 1 on 1 matches at that time - correct me if I'm wrong.
Perhaps that was Doomserv?
switchman
On a Rampage!

Location: longitude: 79d 50m W latitude: 43d 20m N (-5:00 GMT)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe that was it... I don't think I could ever remember though... it was a bit foggy back then heheh.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: