ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IDL SEASON III
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Offtopic Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oath
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: IDL SEASON III Reply with quote

A voice from a far has asked me to spread the word of the starting IDL season. Sign ups can be found here.
Remember, Signing up doesn't guarantee you a spot on a team, but you're entered in the draft; It's all in the first post. Official site is currently here. Hoping to see a good turnout.
_Beast_
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooh I luv your sexy post Oath mmmm yeah

IDL Season 3 on top
Goatface
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd expect there's a lot of players seeing this who haven't played in an IDL season, so I'd encourage them to read the rules before signing up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just one map from outside of ZDCTF? really pushing the boat out there again i see

(thought some of 32in24 might maybe get a look in)
TheMionicDonut
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah the other maps with xx can be changed to any map...i believe the zdctf is a sort of placeholder.
Goatface
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This season is supposed to be less experimental, but I'm pretty sure that the summer season will have more variety. If you have a real problem with it then you can talk to the folks in #IDL in irc.oftc.net, though I don't think you'll be changing anyone's mind easily.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

naw i can't be bothered. wouldn't have thought it was something you were especially happy to see though Goatface.

and i think your avatar is pretty ironic here. CTF is the new OS - with the International Dwango League proudly leading the way Laughing
Stereoface
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whooops- not irony...
cha0tix
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the people want the same shitacular maps LET THEM HAVE IT.
DX-Chain
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:
and i think your avatar is pretty ironic here. CTF is the new OS - with the International Dwango League proudly leading the way Laughing

This is one place where you push it with that rhetoric of yours. The "ZDCTFXX" are the maps which haven't been finalized in the schedule yet, and we have more voices in the administrative panel of the league who are making the final decisions on NEW maps to be played (which include 32in24).

Your ideology is also flawed in that you are always looking to complain about something. On one hand you complain that everyone plays d5m1 and zdctfmp1-3 but when say, things like ZDDL get a YES SHARKY--A NEW--ISN'T THAT WHAT YOU WANTED AND PREACH FOR?--map like LazM4 voted in (by the players, I may add) you still complain about it in some way or another. I'm sure when this IDL season has a few 32in24 maps you'll come up with some more garbage to say.

In closing, this will be by far the best IDL CTF season, and the format has been proven to work for about half a year or more now. The signups and participation speak for themselves, so to put it lightly Sharky, I'll say this in the nicest way possible:

Maybe it's time to stick your nose elsewhere Smile (for lack of more suitable terms).
Goatface
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:
naw i can't be bothered. wouldn't have thought it was something you were especially happy to see though Goatface.

I'm all for variety, but untested maps shouldn't just be put into competitive play. It's true that some times it's easy to identify good maps, but that's not always the case. For instance, last season ODACTF map02 was expected to be received well, though many players hated it. Also, the league has its survival to think about, and unfortunately fewer players would sign up if random maps were thrown in. Sucks, but there you have it.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah... i'm hardly suggesting random maps get thrown in but it's the same tired argument as with the competetive duel maps. they're only recognised as such because they're what people have always played.

anyways i'm not gonna argue it anymore here. and ok, i apologise for 'misinterpreting' that placeholder thingy you have on the site. can't understand what could have made me do that Laughing

Chaindude wrote:
we have more voices in the administrative panel of the league who are making the final decisions on NEW maps to be played (which include 32in24).

ok, lemme get it straight that i didn't suggest that one because it's recent but because of involvement (at various levels) of many IDL faces and would so be more likely to be considered. also as Goat says, you can pretty much instantly tell with those maps if they're hit or miss.

Chaindude wrote:
Your ideology is also flawed in that you are always looking to complain about something.

this is possible.
but as far as the Lazarus thing goes then yeah it was ridiculous that in the eyes of the ZDDL there was not a single worthwhile duel map produced in the whole time between DW5 and Lazarus. so yes, while something fresh (that's right, 'fresh', not 'new') was admirable to see then it was still a very skewed state of affairs.

Chaindude wrote:
Maybe it's time to stick your nose elsewhere Smile

sorry but if people come posting it in the ZD forums and with a name as absurd as the IDL (while only representing a very small part of the Doom CTF scene) then you make it my business Smile
Stereoface
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry cybie- you lost my vote... You're the one always promting new and exciting shit- IDL is new AND exciting. wtf is your problem? You would have been fine if you hadn't said it was the "International Dwango League". That's a pretty rude thing to say considering the player base of the IDL and considering that IT'S THE ONLY THING THAT'S FRESH.

Chaindude said it lightly- but fuck off if you're gonna be a dick.
Goatface
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the "International Dwango League" was the "ironic" thing he mentioned in his earlier post. Just a joke from what I could tell.
Admiral-Shakal
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an actual simulation of what happens during a typical IDL game:

Quiksilver
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, not overstating, are ya?
I wish I had 4 hands, so I could give this topic 4 thumbs down.
Rexnor
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDL Is pretty exciting and I believe is one of the few "serious" competitions worth playing on Zdaemon, so if there's any player who considers himself a good CTF player I encourage them to sign up to this season and prove themselves as top players within the Zd community
Rexnor
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quiksilver wrote:
hmm, not overstating, are ya?
I wish I had 4 hands, so I could give this topic 4 thumbs down.

I don't recall seeing you playing on IDL...

Last edited by Rexnor on Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Stereoface
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you wish you had 4 hands so you could slit 4 wrists

Last edited by Stereoface on Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total
TheMionicDonut
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rexnor wrote:
IDL Is pretty exciting and I believe is one of the few "serious" competitions worth playing on Zdaemon, so if there's any player who considers himself a good CTF player I encourage them to sign up to this season and prove themselves as top players within the Zd community

mmmmmmindeed
(blows bubbles out of pipe)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Offtopic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: