ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Announcing the "Novelty CTF Megawad" Project!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlexMax
I've got your flag!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:53 am    Post subject: Announcing the "Novelty CTF Megawad" Project!!!! Reply with quote

Yes, that's right. We are about to have three CTF megawads now. The first one is the first official CTF megawad, the second one is the second official CTF meagawd (in preliminary stages) and finally this one.

This is the thread of the 'novelty CTF megawad". It's not official, and in fact is nowhere near official. It's bascially 'slap together the most fun map you can and submit it."

What we are looking for

* Novelty maps. Deathz0r, for example, is updating his legendary canthide.wad for CTF play. Want a spammish CTF map? Go ahead.
* Dwango and other popular WAD CTF remakes. We already have a dwango5map1 and e1m1 remake. I want to handle the Dwango6map1 remake and the Doom2 map01 remake. Anything else is fair game. Note that they dont have to be exact replicas. For example, if you wanted to do a doom2 map11 CTF map, you cut the ring in half and mirror it so you have the archie room on both sides and a single ring in the middle. Or, a Doom2 map02 CTF wad, you could mirror the whole base from the start point (make that little atrium that you start in the connecting point) and have the two 'red key stations' hold the flags. And maybe remove the blue key area, or turn it into a teleport station to the other teams base.
* Anything with a novel concept. Use your imagination.

A few rules:

* The maps must look on the level of a wad like Dwango5 or above. This isn't a mock2 CTF megawad (I'm saving that for later), so don't make a level look like total ass.
* The map must play REASONABLY well. I am not talking perfection, I am am simply talking about making things reasonably balanced.
* If we get too many of one kind of map, we might have to not include yours. Nothing personal.
* I would really recomend using some of the team banners from the 8CTFMEGA megawad (avalable on raiders fileserver or upon request) so you can tell which base you are in. If you don't put eough, I may add some, but I really don't want to ahve to.

Anything else goes. Custom Music is AOK this time. Textures, sure.

Unlike the official CTF map pack, we have no set limit on submissions. So get to creatin' those maps, fellas.

EDIT: Deathz0r has amazed us with the very quick release of "You can't hide, CTF edition"

[00:42] <AlexMax> I hereby wish to start the Novelty CTF megawad project

A few minutes later, the first map is DONE!

[00:57] <deathz0r> alex, ctf channel

So, this, plus the dwango5 map, plus the e1m1 map brings us to THREE maps already. Who's next?
AlexMax
I've got your flag!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick update: Deathz0r has made a CTF version of UDM2 Map12. That makes four. Anyone else?
Rellik_jmd
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds fun. I might take a whack at it since the maps don't need to be supar polished.
deathz0r
Custom Title

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexMax wrote:
Quick update: Deathz0r has made a CTF version of UDM2 Map12. That makes four. Anyone else?
send beta pliz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Twiztid
Who wants a body massage?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG MARIO CTF!!!! Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ralphis
That blue hedgehog again of all places!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg my name better be in credits for udm2 map12!
Grotug
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've just finished doing a map01 remake - but I guess that's off limits Sad - still, you may wanna check it out.
thefwf
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working on a map03 ctf map
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Grotug
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thefwf wrote:
I'm working on a map03 ctf map
Yeah, I was thinking of doing the same thing, in fact. Makes for a good CTF map.
thefwf
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the chaingun place would be a great flag point and the secret could be a tunnel to get in the other base
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nestea
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about two versions of MAP03. One where the map is mirrored from the chaingun point and one where the map is mirrored from the starting point.
Grotug
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nestea wrote:
How about two versions of MAP03. One where the map is mirrored from the chaingun point and one where the map is mirrored from the starting point.
I'm gonna mess around with the map right now - see what I come up with. Smile
Grotug
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all done. So now I have a map01 and map03 ctf maps ready to submit. These are my very first CTF maps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Wad Editing All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: