ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Registration for the #5 3 vs 3 CTF Tourney
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Wad / Style to choose...
ZDUCTF (maps 10,14,23,28)
46%
 46%  [ 26 ]
ZDCTFMP3 (maps 22,26,27,28)
44%
 44%  [ 25 ]
ZDCTFMP1/2/3 - TEAM DAMAGE ON (maps 03,09,16,18)
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 56

Draza_Jr.
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Registration for the #5 3 vs 3 CTF Tourney Reply with quote

Ok finally we were able to meet each other and choose some maps for you guys...

Now it´s up to you what will you choose..as you can see, we have prepared maps for all 3 options so as soon as the registration is finished, we´ll check the poll results and the tourney will start immediately..

Registration form:

Team Name:
Captain:
Roster:
PPT: (preferred playing time)

Last edited by Draza_Jr. on Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Ragnarok
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason we dont let you choose from 3 diferent wads other than zdctfmp, is that tourneys with other wads tend to have trouble getting finished (or even started) since a lot of people are unfamiliar with those maps.

Also maps used in Euro CTF #4 havent been picked again for these 3 options (so no 04, 07, 11 and 24). Same goes for the maps played during the last zductf tourney (so no 05, 06, 17 and 26).

For the 3rd option maps were chosen, which normally are a bit campy, for they require a different gameplay with teamdamage ON.

Options which are not picked, could of course be used in future CTF tourneys.

Also we have agreed on not running "Loser Brackets" next to it, because it keeps the tourney from going.
So out means out, no 2nd chance! More luck in the next tourney Smile!
WeaponX
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(so no 05, 06, 17 and 26). But they are the BEST ZDUCTF maps! Sad
Mephisto
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO map28 from zductf should be replaced with 23 as it's a far better map, but that's my opinion. I do think that a ZDUCTF tourney is the best choice, and 10 and 18 are good maps that haven't been played on at all (14 is quite popular in private games).
WeaponX
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just voted for ZDUCTF without looking at the other players responses and i must say, i am impressed with the amount of votes!
Mephisto
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, looks like 18 is the more worrisome map. I just found a massive imbalance aspect that makes playing on red way better.

See the blue step on the ground. By jumping on it, you can jump to the blue ledge on the left. Due to the way the map is made, this allows you to skip half of the map and get away with the flag easily.

On the red side, the step is not raised. You still have to take the long way around and getting away with the flag is way more difficult.

Unless this map is edited, I don't think it can be used.
WeaponX
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tested this, and ouch. That will make a massive difference in the game, that step needs to be lowered, this makes this map very unfair for Blue indeed!
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? No CrazyCTF?

Damn....
Draza_Jr.
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I just checked out map 18 and it is quite faster for reds to run with the flag..

Though there are many similar mistakes in zdctfmp1,2,3 and no one ever complained, I´d rather change this map to avoid future conflicts, that may occure after playing this map..

Anyway map23 was also on our maplist that we made with Bones and Rag so I guess there´s no problem in changing this one..from now on, map23 will be played instead of map18 (if zdu wins the poll Wink )
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragnarok wrote:
The reason we dont let you choose from 3 diferent wads other than zdctfmp, is that tourneys with other wads tend to have trouble getting finished (or even started) since a lot of people are unfamiliar with those maps.

Wasn't ZDUCTF also unfamiliair when it was first used in a tourney?

Even when it is true, those people will not choose the different wads (because according to you they are unfamiliar) so zdctfmp will get chosen. So I think at least give the other wads a poll option! Because when it gets chosen that means it IS familiar to players..........
Tuomio
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, registration is open?
Draza_Jr.
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuomio wrote:
so, registration is open?

Registration for the #5 3 vs 3 CTF Tourney

yes Razz
Sniper
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where can we state our teams etc???
Dopefish
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UBR]Sniper wrote:
Where can we state our teams etc???

god, here ofc

Registration form:

Team Name:
Captain:
Roster:
PPT: (preferred playing time)

Just try to read Exclamation
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spacepirate wrote:
Ragnarok wrote:

Wasn't ZDUCTF also unfamiliair when it was first used in a tourney?

Even when it is true, those people will not choose the different wads (because according to you they are unfamiliar) so zdctfmp will get chosen. So I think at least give the other wads a poll option! Because when it gets chosen that means it IS familiar to players..........

heh Space, well ZDUCTF is a step in the right direction. i'm surprised to see so many votes for it tbh as i'd given up on Euros looking outside their inbred little circle of maps.

it'd be nice if CTF tourneys could go the same way as the 1on1s and get people trying a bit more variety. yes it was all unfamiliar until people played it. think about it, even ZDCTFMP2 was new and shocking at one point Surprised
for a tourney then this format seems ideal to me. picking 4 solid maps from almost any CTF WAD is not hard, people would all start on a more even footing (ie it'd come down to individual skills and teamwork more than it would who'd spent the most hours grinding the maps down).
part of what people should be signing up for is the training and getting to know these maps. again, same as they should for the 1on1 tourneys.

the IDL has the usual shit covered.
Ragnarok
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely I understand your point Space. But the last tourney (TLXSCTF one), where a lot of different CTF wads were a poll option, the entire tourney didnt even get beyond the first round even though TLXSCTF got the most votes. People are just too "lazy" maybe to really get to know new wads and therefore those tourneys tend to fail. We want to prevent that from happening this time, so thats why we chose these wads for the pole.
However if ZDUCTF wins it, and the tourney will go fluently, expect more "less known" wads to be there in future polls.
Draza_Jr.
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragnarok wrote:
Surely I understand your point Space. But the last tourney (TLXSCTF one), where a lot of different CTF wads were a poll option, the entire tourney didnt even get beyond the first round even though TLXSCTF got the most votes. People are just too "lazy" maybe to really get to know new wads and therefore those tourneys tend to fail. We want to prevent that from happening this time, so thats why we chose these wads for the pole.
However if ZDUCTF wins it, and the tourney will go fluently, expect more "less known" wads to be there in future polls.

Exactly..however the rest of the poll options are really great ideas and I guess we can create future tourney from these 2 options..still as Rag says, the tourney has to be fluent. Than it is no problem to start almost immediately after this upcoming tourney..
Vampire Knight
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ZDUCTF was used in Euro CTF #3, so it's hardly something plucked from obscurity.

Im all for it though, my clan is well acquainted with the wad ; )
WeaponX
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampire get your bottom on IRC so we can discuss what teams we can enter for this tourney Smile
Dopefish
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and Wilou (Suigintou), we voted for the zductf, but now we would like to change our decision to zdctfmp3. So the votes should be 12-12 now i think, if it is possible ofc:)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: