ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

n00bs
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Offtopic Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WeaponX
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:18 am    Post subject: n00bs Reply with quote

Sinse the release of the IRC. Have more people stopped playing ZDaemon to increase their skills cos they chat too much shit? Or are people just generally not getting to unbelievable standards these days Question
Nosferatu
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much fail
Poignant
Still Spamming

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the players are not getting the good standards now simply down to the fact of the wads that are played. The first stepping stone to many is FFA and from this we go one way or the others. Britt10 FFA as a learning curve? Hello campers goodbye skill!!!

Even CTF is not offering our new players the standards of maps needed, sure us OS players have our map sets still but its pretty damn off putting for new players to face us on maps we have played for 8 years.

ROTATION IS NEEDED ON ALL FORMATS OF THE GAME

Want to get better lets get playing a more varied map set for god sake!
Kreamkaisr
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poignant wrote:
EPIC TRUTH

But Poig, that would require the people hosting the server to change the wads, and for the people that play on the server to, dare I say it, learn how to actually play!? O:

It does make sense, and I'm sure it'll get done... eventually. But I doubt it will be soon.
ZERO99
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: i know this isnt the most relivant to this thread but it does put down in some small ways newbie players to zdaemon

im not trying to anger anyone here but im just pointing out that does another one of these forms that point out peoples ablitlys and stupiditys really going to solve the problem?

i cant quote anyone on this or quote my self but i do remember some one saying that Zdaemon is gaining more popularity. I think with this new popularity that zdaemon is getting the population of players should break down into this ( these arnt acurate in anyway just demonstrating a point)

Zdaemon should break down in to 3 groups Veterans( people who have been on Zdaemon 3 or 4 plus years, New players who have been around Zdaemon or online doom for under a year, the last group people the novice who are in-between 1-3 years of play.

Veterans are around 20% of the active players on Zdaemon

Novice are around 30%

leaving 50% of the players to be new

the group of players who are new is the largest group of the population of players in Zdaemon. With this group being the largest wouldnt it be more likely that they would more likely be the most people in games? well fuck yea. the only way we will get rid of newbies is to just let them get experiance and not bash them they will learn from there mistakes. what people seem to be forgetting is that the more experianced players most likely said the same thing about you when you first started too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sanger
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: n00bs Reply with quote

WeaponX wrote:
Sinse the release of the IRC. Have more people stopped playing ZDaemon to increase their skills cos they chat too much shit? Or are people just generally not getting to unbelievable standards these days Question

Even the players who aren't "n00bs" can be found chatting it up in #zdplayers, so this has nothing to do with #zdplayers.
lippy
overactive hormones

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You insult our taggism, sir.
WeaponX
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just remember when i first started playing ZDaemon i was like "omg how does the bfg work or omg how do you move so fast etc"

And now people are like NO BFG NO RUNNING STAND STILL AND SHOOT LOTS OF ROCKETS LOL"!"!111

I just wanted to know why people arent really motivated to becoming pro's anymore?
AURON
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm sure its nothing to get worried about
[SIN]Hatred
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://rednexus.net/zddl/
http://unidoom.org/idl/

That's where the majority of the good players in the U.S scene are spending their time. As far as everyone else goes, that I cannot answer.
WeaponX
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We know who are decent players and who have spent time with the game perfecting their techniques, i just don't see any new faces without a clan emerging from noob -> good. It just seems they all stay as noobs and dont try and harder to perfect their skills!
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh weaponx I already said this when they were talking about that IRC comes out. Nobody listened haha.

WE DIDN'T LISTEN!! HYBRIDS ON TEH TOP!
LordBritish
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WeaponX wrote:
We know who are decent players and who have spent time with the game perfecting their techniques, i just don't see any new faces without a clan emerging from noob -> good. It just seems they all stay as noobs and dont try and harder to perfect their skills!

True for the most part, but I know that, on my side of the pond at least, there have been some people that popped up (seemingly out of nowhere, but that could be explained by the fact that I vanished for a few months) with some considerable skill. Still, I agree that you have a valid point.
Stereoface
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still suck, but I don't care...

It's a game. It's better when you worry about the fun you're having instead of how well you're doing compared to everyone else. Team games for the win.
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well yeh that's true. I mean this is and will always be entertainment. Maybe for some not but heh.
Kreamkaisr
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spacepirate wrote:
Well yeh that's true. I mean this is and will always be entertainment. Maybe for some not but heh.

Noobs as entertainment?

I guarantee it.
revstar
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in oceania, the real n00bs dont hang around. but there has definitely been improvement in oceanic players, most notably [eV]shadow

i reckon players are still improving...i just think its harder for you guys to notice with such a large player base
Kreamkaisr
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

revstar wrote:
in oceania, the real n00bs dont hang around. but there has definitely been improvement in oceanic players, most notably [eV]shadow

i reckon players are still improving...i just think its harder for you guys to notice with such a large player base

Well sure, there are some up-and-comers amongst all the new people. But when the ratio of good players to totall noobs is reaching 1:~50,000,000 (rough estimate, I may have made the noob number a bit too small) it's hard to notice.
MetalBlack
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irc is so lame now anyway, same shit everyday. People replying to automated bot messages, I mean come on........
WeaponX
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't the n00bs in IRC use their time more wisely and get better at the game rather then just have stupid irc convo's

[RFA]Zombeh joins #zdplayers
<Random Noob> Zombehhh <333
<Random Noob 2> Zombehh <3333
Bot hits random Noob 2
<Random Noob> lol pwnt!!!1 if only that happened in-game :>

Stuff like that i see all day everyday. And it's like, cmon just play the game, use IRC to talk about something decent or at least use it to setup GAMES to play!

This is one big reason why i personally think players don't go out there and try to get their skills to their best. Not many amazing players lurking about these days, it's as if people won't help the newbies get better too! Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Offtopic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: