ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chex Quest DM!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nestea
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Chex Quest DM! Reply with quote

Okay, so you remember the old game Chex Quest... right? The free game that came with the Chex cereal. The cereal was soggy, but the game was awesome. It was a kid-friendlier DOOM and, despite the kid-friendliness, was a superb TC.

Of course, I don't see any servers running Chex Quest. The biggest reason, in my opinion, is the DM in CQ. Sure, CQ has it, but it wasn't very good. Some levels weren't made for DM (except E1M2) and the concept was bad. I mean, you zap the players and they become slimed.

That's why I'm gonna start a new TC called Chex Quest DM, or ChexDM. This will be a deathmatch-friendly version of CQ with more features such as:

* It runs DOOM2 now!
* The player skin is improved (green instead of blue, new death animations).
* Super Zorcher! A new weapon based off the super shotgun.
* The deathmatch concept is improved. You zap the players and they get zapped away.
* Deathmatch versions of the original levels from the first two SQ series (includes Super Shotgun additions) plus more deathmatch levels! SQ3 sucks so it won't be included.
* Usage of unused items (it seems that things such as Partial Invisibility isn't used).

Uh... that's it so far. As I said, I'll be starting the TC... but I can't really do this alone, can I? I'm forming a team to help with the TC. I need people to do the:

* Deathmatch versions of the 10 CQ and CQ2 levels.
* New Deathmatch levels.
* Super Zorcher weapon graphics (to replace Super Shotgun).

If you're gonna do the new levels remember that it uses the Chex Quest stuff (textures, music, etc.) except now in DOOM2 form (so add SS)

EDIT: Oh, and it will take advantage of the latest ZDaemon features (slopes, etc.) and I might use the Railgun.

Last edited by Nestea on Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
xrob2k4x
HELP COMPUTER

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in
thefwf
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, count me in too!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nestea
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Player Graphics... check.

I'm combining the stuff in CQ and CQ2, so when I'm done with this, I'll put up a resource WAD for the mappers. CQ3 sucks... royally.
[UniTec] Crow
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill do something if you want... just get in contact w/ me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Nestea
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Status update.

Thanks Snowbro for the textures, but there's too much work involved in converting the map's DOOM (replaced with Chex in the original chex.wad) textures into Chex textures because then I would have to recreate all the chex.wad texture1 textures on the chexdm wad. So I decided to just copy the textures and texture1-2 from chex.wad, which means that CQ2 maps won't be supported (except the music, which I'll include for the mappers) and the textures for the mappers will be kinda scrambled. Sorry, Snowbro.

I'm currently making DM versions of the 5 CQ maps, if anybody wants to make new maps, just contact me on AIM and I'll send you the current resource. Beta will be out soon. I still need new SS weapon graphics.
Nestea
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rejoice! Beta 1 is out!

Now, be aware that this is a 6 MB WAD file. It's very messy and incomplete. But here are some things you definitely need to know:

#1. Set "Sprites" for both Blood and Bullet Puff in the Display Options. Also turn Rocket Trails off.
#2. I decided to do the Super Zorcher myself. Not bad...
#3. Only MAP01 (Hangar) and MAP02 (Storage) are Deathmatch-edited. So I advise you not to play DM on the other 3 levels.
#4. There's the resource for you mappers out there. Including both CQ and CQ2 music, and just the CQ textures/sprites.
#5. If you wanna put this on a server or something, go ahead. I'll probably be in it (if it's not too laggy).
#6. Oh, by the way, the Armor Bonus sprite is changed (no more anti-Flemoid drugs), and I've made new sprites for both the Megasphere and Partial Invisibility.
#7. No, I didn't change the LAZ Device room in MAP02.
#8. Yes, I'm aware that I made new hallways in MAP01.

Uh... go download this 6 MB sucker!

EDIT: 6 MB? Ergh. I decided to zip the damn thing. Here ya go... 2 MB:

http://www.psychodrone.com/tyler/CHEXDMB1.ZIP
[UniTec] Crow
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nestea wrote:
Rejoice! Beta 1 is out!

i wondered why my cereal attacked me this morning...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
thefwf
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not gonna be on AIM for a while, I'm banned from IM programs and grounded. e-mail me at premium_yogurt@hotmail.com if you need anything
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nestea
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still need people to make maps! Laughing

Beta 2 is out, including five new maps.

MAP03-MAP05 is E1M3-E1M5 in Chex Quest and MAP06-MAP07 is MAP05 split in half.

http://www.psychodrone.com/Tyler/CHEXDMB2.zip
thefwf
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll make maps, I shouldn't be grounded for too long, I was only drunk in town, caught by the police and taken to hospital.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Wad Editing All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: