ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

_rade's Tourney Write Up, Second Edition.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Oceanic Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_rade
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: _rade's Tourney Write Up, Second Edition. Reply with quote

Allright. This is my second write up for the Oceania 2v2 CTF Tournament. The first write up was for the 2v2 TDM tournament, although I got lazy and didn't post it. Following this you can see how bored I was as I went through all 8 teams entered featuring their pros, cons, and my prediction for the team judging on where they are pooled.

Enjoy.

[ev]Rygrass & [ev]Stewboy

Since I last played him Rygrass has come along to be a very decent player in 1v1. His aim is pretty good and in defence I think he could be very handy. I have however, only seen Stewboy play once in CTF. Myself and _Borb_ took him and Lovell to pieces 5-1 in under 3 minutes. Although now that he's playing more commonly he is said to have improved drastically and is apparently a great shot while he's pushing forward in attack. I can see through my crystal ball, that these two fellas will possibly cause an upset or two. Maybe taking down Dre and Zardoz (or in a long shot possibly Robbbbb and Jstb4udie) if their placing in the randomised pools permit. Watch out for these guys.
Predicted Placing: Semi-Finalists (Third)

[CFH]Sirfistus & [CFH]P_NESS

I don't know what to make of these guys as a team. Sirfistus I know is a solid player in all aspects of doom and would be handy with a good partner, making it a distance into the tourney. I'm not sure however that P_NESS is a good partner. I haven't seen him play in CTF ever although I have seen him play (and had the chance to play against him) in 1v1. He seems to have scoped the basics of Doom and it's arsenal, although I'm not sure if I could rate him as the decent partner that Sirfistus needs to make the distance. These guys played together in the 2 on 2 Team Deathmatch tourney and unfortunately did not make it through to the second round. On the other hand these guys appear to know each other very well and might have a trick or two up their sleeve with Sirfistus in attack.
Predicted Placing: First Round (Seventh)

[MOA]Robbbbb & [MOA]Jstb4udie

I hate these guys in CTF. They work great as a team. Most of the time Robbbbb takes attack although it is not uncommon at all to Jst float forward in defence to help Robbbbb flag run when necessary. That previous sentence can spell out "trouble" (if you take the T from Most, R from Robbbbb, O From Although, U from Run, the third B from Robbbbb, L from Float and E from Jstb4udie). Robbbbb has a crack shot with the SSG and Jst's Rocket spam is a pain in the ass to dodge which makes retrieving the flag a pure pain in the rectum, take it from me. It's definitely hard to go past these guys as the winners of the tournament. The only other team I can see beating them would be Dre and Evilzardoz, maybe even Stewboy and Rygrass in a very suprising upset.
Predicted Placing: First

[BR]CloudX & [BR]Aerith

I see these guys as having a proverbial snowballs chance in hell. Being named by some of my connections in the international community as "average at best", and clocking in with probably very ordinary pings I can't see these guys progressing to the second round. I hope to their benefit they work well as a team, and I'd love to see them make me eat my words (or text as it were) and maybe with a bit of luck and little delay in the m/s department they can surprise me and the others in this tournament.
Predicted Placing: First Round (Eighth)

[CFH]Paceytron & [ev]Eblitzkreig

I've again only played with Paceytron in CTF once. I played a 1v1 against him and beat him fairly convincingly. I don't mean to toot my own horn (Dog knows I haven't got one) although maybe I haven't seen enough of him to make me a believer. At [ev] we are all fans of the progress that Eblitzkreig is making in the Doom world. In his second ever CTF game (and ultimately 6th ever MAP) he helped me and Czar to beating the heavyweights [MOA]. Eblitzkreig has a moderate aim and he plays smart. I think playing him in attack and Paceytron forward in defence would be the way to go for these guys and maybe they could make a game of it against one of the other teams. It all depends for these guys who they draw in Round One. Being a clan mate of Eblitzkreig I would like to see them do well, unless they play me of course.
Predicted Placing: First Round (Sixth)

[ev]_rade & [ev]Czar

Free from bias I will review my teaming up with Czar. Me and Czar have teamed up 2 on 2 in CTF on a few occasions previous to this tournament. More often than not we have been beaten. This is due to the fact that more often than not we have taken on Robbbbb and Jstb4udie with little planning and little co-ordination, and more or less, no game plan. Other times we have taken on random teams of 2 in the Public CTF server and often come away with victories. Although our practice is few and far in between. With Czar in offence I can say that he is a decent player capable of stealing a flag from most defenders in the game. My defence is ordinary at the moment, being in a doom slump, however I do back my aim with the SSG more often than not. If we both play well however I can see us making it far and causing an upset or two. So let's hope for that. Yes let's, ALL hope for that.
Predicted Placing: Semi-Finalists (Fourth)

[CTR]Dre & [CTR]evilzardoz

I haven't seen much of Dre in CTF although he is notorious for being one of the best (if not the best) players inside Oceania at this stage. Dre is however, overconfident. And "apparently" evilzardoz is more so. But Dre is into Bond and evilzardoz is into ska so they are both forgiven. Being a brother and sister sibling combination I see these guys going well. They have played together on more than a few occasions which cannot be said for more than half of the teams listed here. With a good draw I think they could go to the final or even win at any rate. My crystal ball tells me that these guys will both be attacking more or less, and slipping back into defence where necessary. Or possibly, Dre solo in attack and evilzardoz in defence. So they have aim, experience and strategies, I see these guys second placing it.
Predicted Placing: Finalists (Second)

[ev]Revstar & [MOA]Supaaussie

Revstar has selected Supaaussie as his team mate and I have to re-evaulate the whole situation. I picture these guys with maybe a suprise upset or two under their sleeve, if they are both willing to gamble on their tactics and what positions they play. Sometimes though, as they say "A Bird in the hand is worth two in the bush". As Revstar is a good defender, I assume supaaussie (who is sometimes all hat, and no Cattle) will be happy up front in attack. Both are handy players from what I know and will love their underdog status. They may be able to take out one of the more balanced teams in Rygrass and stewboy, Dre and evilzardoz or czar and I with help from good tactics and good defence. I rate these guys although I can't gamble on seeding them any higher. I hope they do well.
Predicted Placing: First Round (Fifth)

So, to wrap it up.
Team :: Seeding :: Predicted Placing
[ev]Rygrass & [ev]Stewboy :: Third :: Semi-Final
[CFH]Sirfistus & [CFH]P_NESS :: Seventh :: First Round
[MOA]Robbbbb & [MOA]Jstb4udie :: First :: Winners
[BR]CloudX & [BR]Aerith :: Eighth :: First Round
[CFH]Paceytron & [ev]Eblitzkreig :: Sixth :: First Round
[ev]_rade & [ev]Czar :: Fourth :: Semi-Final
[CTR]Dre & [CTR]evilzardoz :: Second :: Runners-Up
[ev]Revstar & [MOA]Supaaussie :: Fifth :: First Round

Last edited by _rade on Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
stewboy
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the nth time, my name is spelt with a lowercase 's'. Everyone gets that wrong, for some reason.
I guess it doesn't really matter though.
By the way, if you've still got it, maybe you could post your 2v2 TDM tournament one?
Robbbbb
Born with a creativity deficiency

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Very Happy
good read Razz
although i disagree with some of whats said but i wont get into it Razz
Czar
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMFAO!

well written..any who rade...stop being so fuckin humble, we are gonna be either 2nd or 1st...fuck the rest

PEACE
jstb4udie
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite an interesting and insightful read mate....

Quote:
[MOA]Robbbbb & [MOA]Jstb4udie

I hate these guys in CTF.

Hehe the perfect compliment! Laughing
_rade
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stewboy wrote:
For the nth time, my name is spelt with a lowercase 's'. Everyone gets that wrong, for some reason.
I guess it doesn't really matter though.
By the way, if you've still got it, maybe you could post your 2v2 TDM tournament one?

My apologies on spelling your name wrong.

And I do have my 2v2 TDM write up, although it's from the initially decided teams, not the teams we ended playing with.
Robbbbb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stewboy wrote:

ppfffttt
Dont remind me of that tourney.
Nem let me down :<
Czar
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now now rob..
_rade
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated this somewhat, and added in the pairing of [ev]Revstar and [MOA]supaaussie.
Czar
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PFFT MOA hack
Robbbbb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Czar wrote:
PFFT eV hack

Sif we do.
Fag.
Don't worry, you'll get whats coming to ya. Hopefully we play ya first round so we can see a nice first round exit your way.
stewboy
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol calm down, no need to have a MOA vs eV flamewar.
Be careful Rob, though, Czar's good.
Robbbbb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stewboy wrote:
Lol calm down, no need to have a MOA vs eV flamewar.
Be careful Rob, though, Czar's good.

Czars all hat no cattle. (Thanks for the idioms rade)

Besides, Czar started with a lame attack on MoA. Considering eV got hammered by MOA last time we played, i dont think you guys have much you can say right now.
stewboy
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's only because I wasn't there. Razz j/k
Pacey4324
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Read, rade. Although, you are right. You haven't seen enough of me to be sure how i play like. Still, we might go with your stratergy. or not.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
eblitzkrieg
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: for the nth time... Reply with quote

eblitzkrieg is 'i' before 'e' (except after 'c').

I feel your pain stewboy.
_rade
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, stop your whinging.
rygrass
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yaya finally got account activated

nice post rade
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Czar
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bah
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Oceanic Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: