ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oceania TeamDeathmatch League

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Oceanic Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_rade
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Oceania TeamDeathmatch League Reply with quote

Hey fellas. I was throwing around the idea for a 2 on 2 team deathmatch tournament. This would work like a league and work over a few weeks to a month. We need 6 teams at least to make this work. It shall be a round robin with the top 4 teams going through to some sort of play off (if we only get 6 or less it will be arranged so the top two teams qualify immediately for a grand final).

Details:
Maps: Map01 and Map07
Teams: This time can be selected by the players
Conditions: We are only going to accept applications from ACTIVE PLAYERS. If your team forfeits more than 2 of your matches you could possibly be forced to forfiet ALL. You will at least have wins deducted or frags docked from your for and against ratio.
-Each team will have a quota of matches to play per week. At this stage I'm thinking that each team should fulfil 2 matches every week (I'm not sure if I should leave the team with the freedom to decide who they play and when, this is still being decided). It is YOUR responsibility to get your matches organised and completed with final screenshots.
-A table will be organised in here and run by either myself, or one of the others watching over this if they are available. Teams will be sorted by wins and losses as well as a for and against frag count. So we will needscreenshots.

-Teams as stated before are of two. In a situation of urgency a substitute will have been appointed by myself or one of the other admins.

-At the moment I'm thinking only to accept teams from the Oceanic region. However that said, if you are from outside our region and are active at OUR PEAK TIMES you are able to participate. Our teams will not be waking up at 6am to play you!

Leave your show of interest here or alternately message me on #Oceania with your support. I will start a different thread to get the ball rolling if there is sufficient response to warrant this going ahead.
stewboy
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you mean it's like the previous 2v2 TDM tourney except it's round robin instead of knock-outs?
revstar
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the idea alot. im up for it.

just one thing though, i disagree with the teams being chosen by players. last tourney it was honestly a real surprise to see rygrass & stew win it. with players being drawn at random to be teamed up with each other it adds a certain variability to the tournament, where the best player may not necessarily be on the winning team. hence you also lose the 'omg i'm playing the top 2 players in oceania, why bother playing' attitude.

just note here, last tourney the teams were decided so that each team would have roughly the same skill level put together. however, this time i am suggesting to have all 12-16 players put their names in a hat and someone draws out pairs (it may be that the 2 best players get put together, tough luck)

BUT

having said that, i still dont mind allowing players to pick their own teams. it will still be fun, and even if i do have to play rob in the first round AGAIN, i wont be out in the first round Razz
Robbbbb
Born with a creativity deficiency

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its gay being given a team mate cause if the team mate doesnt show uo then what? we had so many problems with the last one.
if you pick your partner at least youre responsible and you will both be dq'd if need be.
Simple as that.
Being given a partner sucks.
revstar
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robbbbb wrote:
Its gay being given a team mate cause if the team mate doesnt show uo then what? we had so many problems with the last one.
if you pick your partner at least youre responsible and you will both be dq'd if need be.
Simple as that.
Being given a partner sucks.

yeah true

but the tourney is open ONLY for regular people, so hopefully that wont be a problem. although i do have another question: how do you define regular? in the context of this tourney
rygrass
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds alright need the ctf to finish.

hopefully this one can go fast and we can pick our players i didn't mind my last one Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
_rade
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you get to select your own teams. This won't be up for a while probably. Not until the numbers pick up a little at least.
Czar
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ur all fuckin cunts and u should fuckin burn in hell..i dont want no tdm bullshit.. 1 v 1 or nuthin..been waiting a long time for one..hehe Smile
Robbbbb
Born with a creativity deficiency

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Czar wrote:
ur all fuckin cunts and u should fuckin burn in hell..i dont want no tdm bullshit.. 1 v 1 or nuthin..been waiting a long time for one..hehe Smile

Lovell would just beat you in the first round anyways Razz

nah seriously, get this one over and done with, and then maybe a 1on1 ... lazarus1b i say.
Czar
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok rob..but its gonna be a pain in the arse gettin peepz 2geather
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Oceanic Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: