ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

An add on for the clan section

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Clans and Scrims
View previous topic :: View next topic  
romeo (dwango)
JUST DROP AND GIVE ME 50 YOU ....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: An add on for the clan section Reply with quote

Raider wrote:
In my personal opinion, some of you treat each other quite badly. The disrespect and insulting that goes on here is downright shameful. Although I won’t get involved in the server banning debate, you can bet I will get involved with the nonsense that goes on in these forums.

I’ve warned people countless times that the flaming, insulting, bashing or whatever you want to call it is unacceptable in these forums. I’m not going to warn you people anymore. I’m just going to disable the account of anyone who can’t behave.

If you want to use these forums, use them with respect toward the community, toward the ZDaemon project and staff and toward each other. If you can’t handle that, you won’t be allowed to post here. This goes for everyone. I expect everyone to abide by those basic rules of decency.

In the spirit of things that have been happening in the forums, for now on every time someone flames anyone, makes fun of a new clan looking for members, or is flat out rude, I will lock the topic and forward your comments to raider and delete the offending post after he has had a chance to review it. I've deleted a bunch of stuff in the past in attempts to keep this section clean, but some people just don't get it.

This goes for any clan fighting as well. If you have a problem in irc, do not even think about bringing your argument here. Use of private chats are greatly encouraged rather than making yourself look like a complete idiot here.
Some basic guidelines:

1. Please read the TOS
2. Encourage new clans
3. Help out new members trying to form a clan.
4. When your upset about something or someone, don't be so quick to pull the trigger.
5. Stop and think about what your about to write and ask yourself if your post is really worth the hassle.
6. If you feel like your not getting the help you need, pm a mod or Raider.
7. Clan wars are greatly encouraged, but there's a right way and a wrong way of doing it.
8. If a Clan doesn't want to accept a challenge, leave it as that.

These are just some easy guidelines to follow, I would encourage anyone having any input to message me here if they feel that I may have missed anything.

Romeo moderates one section of the forums and that being the clan section. I have seen topics locked on other sections and people asking why i locked it. I have no control on what goes on in other sections. My concern is what happens here.

But as far as the bashing is concerned:
I don't care what clan your in or even if your my best friend on here. This goes for everyone that likes to post in the forums.

Use of the Zdaemon forums is a privilege, not a right.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Clans and Scrims All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: