ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Imps' Raid
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alfred
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Imps' Raid Reply with quote

I've decided on undertaking a rather large project. A new Doom 2 expansion. Complete with a storyline, changed graphics, full levels, with support for single player, coop, and deathmatch (possibly ctf too if I so feel that the maps can handle it) I have five maps completed right now, so I've still got a ways to go. Has complete difficulty support.

Also, if you feel that you'd like to get in on this, feel free to talk to me. All of my contact information is on the bottom of any forum post I make.

Storyline:

Deep in the bowls of the Imp nest, an intellegent beast raises to power. His word is law in this savage wasting portion of Hell. As time passes, this Imp grows tired of his tiny keep. Hell is not enough for this tyrant. To earth he presses on.

The Impish forces easily overtake the scientests and their major work in progress: cloning of the most fearsome warrior ever to set foot on the green grasses of earth. The Imps unleash the unfinished clones onto the earth and claim large areas of this world.

Your Mission: To eliminate your clones and the Impy Overlord. Hop to it Marine!
tourettes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id like to play this.
Alfred
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be able to deliver a working alpha with the five levels and few graphical replacements tonight. Around 10pm Pacific.
tourettes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alfred wrote:
Should be able to deliver a working alpha with the five levels and few graphical replacements tonight. Around 10pm Pacific.

I will be waiting.
Alfred
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.electronicfiles.net/files/1199/impraid-a1.zip

Ten minutes early, but I was excited Wink
tourettes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, it is rough. Ill just bullet point of things I noticed and think is needed.

- Starters, why am I killing fellow marines?
- The imps and just imps as the main enemy, will get boring, and then throwing in herectic chars and fellow marines, it doesnt make sense.
- Make all enemies imps, change physical appearence, slightly, not to much variation in color, id like to see imps use weapons, but not Marine weapons, more like hellish cryptic weapons. Like a bone staff that makes skin melt. Or hearts or intestines to shoot out.
- With enemies set aside, the maps seem fairly small and easy to walk through, almost like each map is the length of e1m1.
- I do like the premise of the wad, and can see a very fun coop wad come out of this, but I do ask that you dont ruin this and change the weapons making them faster and more powerful like some current coop maps that have popped up have done.

Good stuff!
Alfred
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they're not fellow marines... they're clones Razz (thus the Raid and story explained in the first post Surprised) Also, I'd planned on doing more with the characters, i felt the heretic flying imp worked @_@ but i suppose I'll do some modding to the images and come up with something cool and don't worry about the Dehacked weapon junk, i don't care to bother with it.

Whats to come? Sargent Clones(shotgun guys) Elite Clones(chaingunners) The Intellegent Imp(Probably a floating rocket toting mess of a creature complete with huge head.)
Dehacked SP storyline.

Other possible crap...
Imp-based weapon of some sort, just a cosmetic thing.
tourettes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the clones turn out to look a bit changed and more original. I understand this is a demo bascially, and that it will change. I wouldnt give the, clones a green uniform or clothes, I mean ims are naked, they have a corn hole which we have all seen....so why would they bother with clothing their clones?? I say make them naked, possibly give them loin cloth, but it be really fucked up if a bunch of naked guys with imp artifacts came at you, because they dont know any better and they are just doing the imps say. The imps dont care about the finer things in life, they just worry about mass killing and taking over. They have clones, and will take over at the expense of their clones.
xaechireon
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a couple of monsters in the Monster Resource pack on Doomworld that have made use of Doom imp sprites. Maybe you can put those to some use.
Alfred
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, xaechireon, I'll probably resort to the monster resource pack pretty soon here, just to spice up the wad a good bit. As for tourettes NO IMPSE FOR YOU MY FRIEND! Naked marine clones and imps don't mix so well, besides, I aim for 'T' rated content. I'll make some mods to the marine image, as I stated, but nothing like that, besides on level 3, if you had played it a bit more investigativly, there are fully clothed marines in tubes. 'Cloning Vat #1'. Thanks for the input tho folks Smile
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, Tourettes is as anti-impse as they come Wink

but hey, it sounds like he's just recycling the comments i gave to him when he sent me a map full of 4000 imps! Laughing

as such then i'd agree with his/my comments about variety of impishness and also their weaponry. nice to hear you used the Heretic imp - i just made a pretty good conversion of it into Doom last week too. i don't think it looks like enough of a relation though - maybe recolour it to look like a Doom one?
[n00b]Adereth
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... let's see.

Reasonable architecture (quite charming in some places) and interesting layouts. You've definitely got the spirit of Doom 2's map size progression down, although things seem to be kept a tad small, which is understandable for your DMish endeavours. Lighting isn't too bad, either! Razz You may want to check the insides of your doors, though. At least the yellow key door on map03 takes the sides with it when it raises. Also, I think the WAD may be entirely devoid of health and ammo pickups (besides the CG on map05), which could be a bit of a discouragement to players in general. When you're done populating the map list, take some time to poke around the levels and see where tweaks could benefit the project. So far, it's looking smashing.
tourettes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im no mike12 dont get me wrong, I was justing giving comments on the imp and naked marine thing becaues it would make it more realistic. I might take that idea then about a cloned army down the road then, but the plot will be built much differently.
Geit-vd-plas
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should make the marines actually just the same as you are, and put less of them in a map.. like, give them the same speed and strenght. This will give your wad something new..
Also, isn't it a bit wierd that the clones have exactly the same space suit as you? Surprised

You need to put more dehacked in anyway, the little heretic imps must DIE! (faster)
There is this place when you get some of this heretic ipmses and they will take all your ammo and not die. The maps are okay, bit small though but thats okay for the first pair of maps, I was like, wow he duplicated a piece of map06 but then I saw I was playing map06 Razz so yeah, you got the doom2 style pretty good.

(maybe a clone of the marine that is mixed with an ape or goat no?)

Must.. play.. Imp simulator
P?
no?
yes?
PLAS!
Alfred
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Next release Reply with quote

Glad to see some interest. I'll release another alpha when I hit 10 maps. In the meantime, I'll probably finish the basic modifications, build upon diversity all that good stuff.

Estimated 2nd alpha release date: January 23-30
For the time being, have a pushpop and hold on to something.
Alfred
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: 2nd alpha Reply with quote

The second Alpha is released.

Get it Here (Link fixed.)

Some new stuff:

Fixed color on the 1st stage clone (pistol)
Added gfx for the 2nd stage clone (shotgunner)
Super-Imp: fires two mancu-balls fixed it so that his hands look like he's tossing two.
Stealth Imp: Just like the zdoom one... cept in Boom compatiblity.
And four and a half levels NEW levels, I'm taking a short vacation and would like to hear how i'm doing on this, so I'm rushing it out before my deadline.

Also added ammo and health a bit more, fixed some door problems (probably created some more on my new levels) if you can point out any defects, I'd appreciate it Smile

Last edited by Alfred on Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
tourettes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed link

http://www.electronicfiles.net/files/1199/impraid-a2.zip

Will review in a sec.

-----------

Its a good wad. Kinda hard in 1 player like the old Dooms were. I like the different colored marines, but I still think they are going to need something a bit more to look different than the average marine, different uniform maybe?

The maps are detailed in a very eye appealing way and the maps are fun to play.

Can't wait for another update.
Alfred
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about I add some Imp spikes to the clone marine armor? It'd definately distinguish them from the average marine and personally, i think it'd look cool... But, I can forsee somebody saying "its not logical." so, any thoughts?
tourettes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alfred wrote:
How about I add some Imp spikes to the clone marine armor? It'd definately distinguish them from the average marine and personally, i think it'd look cool... But, I can forsee somebody saying "its not logical." so, any thoughts?

I like!

And it is logical, they had to splice in Imp DNA to the marine clones for them to work.

Add imp spikes, with a little bit of brown skin by the spikes.

And if its possible, have marine shoot with guns and with imp fire balls.
impslayer
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MUST KILL ALL IMPS MUAHHAHAHAHAHA! Twisted Evil

cant wait! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Wad Editing All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: