ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USA Tournament December
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> USA Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swag
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

187tophatalpha wrote:
Merk ill take ur spot

I figured I might of had a chance against Merk, well not now lol...
Versatile
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my first round matchup with [GoD]Odysseus today did not take place due to the fact that he forfeited.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Goatface
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit; Never mind
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HumanBones
Boner!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blah, the admin menu is being a bitch again. I will update everything once Raider gets back.
Goatface
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gian gave up part-way through the match, I have a demo if you want it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
[SIN]Hatred
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yo boner, when do you wanna play our match? I'm not gonna be around tommorow, but i will be today (saturday that is Razz)
[NewB]LiNk
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[NewB]LiNk wrote:
Shadow_Ghost wrote:
haha el_gringo when do you wanna play

lol you gringo! anytime you want, just look for me at the damn channel or add me to your MSN (if you have one)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
[SIN]Hatred
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UD]HumanBones 50 <
[SIN]Hatred 46

good game boner, well played.

To the owners of Doomed Earth:

I humbly ask that you please do something with these servers to give them a better performance. In all seriousness, the way they're playing now is a fucking joke. Boner and I, aswell as in a previous match featuring Aerial and I, have all had extreme lag, and packet loss problems there. Yes, some of our connections aren't great, but at the same time, no server should run that way, espeically when it's dubbed a tourney server. I don't blame this on the tourney staff, seeing as in this is the most ideal place to host s tourney. However, the server shouldn't be that bad. Dial up would make a server run better than that shit. Anyhow, to give on suggestion, how about taking down all those useless servers, and keep a couple d5 switches with d5m1 and d5m7, aswell as os and ns, with judas, king1, ssl2, doom2map1 & 7, and a few ctf wads. Then host two tourney servers a month, and I'm sure things WILL run alot better. Believe me, I don't care what stats you show me....stats mean nothing when the server is still running like a piece shit, meaning...TAKE DOWN THOSE USELESS SERVERS, SO THE ONES THAT ARE WORTHWHILE CAN ACTUALLY FUNCTION CORRECTLY.
Thanks.

GG boner, you earned it.
HumanBones
Boner!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG.

I know about the servers being complete shit, I just played two tourney games in a row on them. It is hard to find good servers that everyone pings decent to. DE, being the cool guys that they are, agreed to host two tourney servers for me. I've never heard complaints about DE, and I've never had any problems with them, until now. That was some extreme lag..but it doesnt hapen on every server. If I knew the server(s) would lag that bad, I would'nt have asked them to host. Unfortunately I cannot seem to find a good host that everyone feels comfortable playing on. If anyone knows someone or wants to step up and maybe buy some servers, I, and everyone else, would be extremely grateful for it. Until then, we'll have to play on what we have.
Swag
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, if it's even Doomed Earth really... Quite frankly alot of people have been having lag problems on zdaemon this month... Like last night we were trying to play RB 5on5 CTF on Doom2.net Chicago early on it constantly had lag spikes I kept getting 150+ ping spikes I don't need to mention other people since even at 10 people I should get no more than 50 ping there(1on1s 25-30)... On GSN last month's tourney was having that weird lag for most but some didn't have it that I don't think anyone has really seen before... Even personal servers seem to act up at times... The New Jersey servers are the most reliable, but are never maintained the only thing they could do for a tourney is for D5M7 still most TC/DX people are banned on there. There are alot of Doomed Earth servers though quite a bit are either never or rarely used at all...
Goatface
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The map is half of the problem, all that snow flying around causes massive lag. I even lag in local mode on this map. And I still need an answer for my previous post Bones.
[SIN]Hatred
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to make another thing clear. I am grateful to Doomed Earth and their owner(s) for providing ZDaemon with servers. But, as a member of this community, I think I'm speaking for a huge part of the people. Doomed Earth servers just aren't what they used to be, and most of us suspect it's due to the amount of servers that are up. Which would be understandable, because bandwidth can only go so far.

Goatface: Perhaps it is the snow making everything lag in that map, but as Boner stated, aswell as I did; in our previous d5m7 tourney matches, we both had massive lag problems. Aerial was lagging out, and I was lagging out, too. Those games probabaly weren't as bad as the one Boner and I played, in the Xmas wad. But as you stated, perhaps it's simply the snow lagging that one out, even more. Nevertheless, we still get a considerable amount of lag in those servers, and as members and players of this community alike; we're just simply concerned.
DX-Chain
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have already adjusted many of the zservs' settings on D.E. For example, I selected the "don't spawn monsters" flag for the Brit11 servers--who needs monsters that produce the ambient sounds? I have also taken down the coop servers such as Barbamaps (sorry papa :/). So far, I have seen improvements as far as hitting my targets with more accuracy, and this considering Comcast (as I'm sure other ISPs are) had some technical issues due to a recent snowstorm.

As for the d5m1/m7 "toggle" servers, I already had the idea in mind, but seeing how I actually have a job/go to college full-time, I typically don't get home until late (and tired). It'll take a day or two until I get around to changing those.

I have also taken a look at that particular tournament map. While it *looks* nice, you have to take into account the level of detail, which does interfere with the smoothness of the game, as Kilgore and I discussed in a recent conversation.

Doomed Earth will eventually have a clean slate and lineup of servers, but at this moment, I know quite the amount of people who get good performance out of the servers--much more so than the people who complain because they: a) lose, or b) are in some obscure part of the world map and expect their ping to be 20.
cha0tix
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeeze I'm jacking wireless from people a building across and DE is still the smoothest and least laggy of all the servers on ZDaemon. Check your connections. Wink
[NewB]LiNk
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello can anyone un-ban me at least temporary for agree the game with Rage? ¬¬
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mist
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have not received an answer from you Humanbones on my PM, so I concluded it that you have read it and it was no.

In anyway, I have contacted my opponent (CD)Relapse by email on Saturday and have not heard from him since. Also, I have been on all evening on Saturday/Sunday, and as I know he was not logged in since November 30. I will be on for tonight from 9:00 to 11:30 so Relapse if you are reading this, please come so we can play our game.
impslayer
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yo i was going to plat [TC]tai but he didnt show up and it was on the last day Smile
[SIN]Hatred
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mist wrote:
Well, I have not received an answer from you Humanbones on my PM, so I concluded it that you have read it and it was no.

In anyway, I have contacted my opponent (CD)Relapse by email on Saturday and have not heard from him since. Also, I have been on all evening on Saturday/Sunday, and as I know he was not logged in since November 30. I will be on for tonight from 9:00 to 11:30 so Relapse if you are reading this, please come so we can play our game.

I've heard from him off and on, but afaik, from last time i spoke to him; he had a serious death in the family. It may be best to drop him, because I've no idea when he'll be seen again. Hopefully things are getting better with him. Just keep him in your thoughts and wish best for him.
That's all I can say about his time here. :/
[NewB]LiNk
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[NewB]LiNk wrote:
Hello can anyone un-ban me at least temporary for agree the game with Rage? ¬¬
Swag
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, the only people who've played are Boner and Hatred, and Goat and Gian... What was the score when Gian quit anyways Goat?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> USA Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: