ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CTF Tied Maps

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  

In the event of a tie in a CTF tournament what should be the deciding score
Most Flags Win?
29%
 29%  [ 9 ]
Most Flags decide the next map?
70%
 70%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 31

Poignant
Still Spamming

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: CTF Tied Maps Reply with quote

OK in the event of a tie should most flags win? or should most flags decide one of the maps of the tourney set to play again?
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most flags won would be fair. Otherwise it won't have any value how many you win, for example a not so good team kept losing 2 times in a row 5-0 and the next 2 with luck 4-5 and the last one a tie for example 2-2. And what if they also win the next one, it is unfair since the other team is actually better since they had two times 5-0. So the most flags wins if it is a tie.
Ragnarok
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

However scoring is in some maps way easier than in other maps. I mean 5-0 in 04 is way easier than 5-0 in 24. So if map07 and 11 get a tie and 1 team wins 5-3 on map04 and the other team wins 1-0 on 24, I dont think the team that one map04 has the right to go through (also because 04 is more luck based as well). So a final map (decided by the team that has the most flags) is the best solution to this. This way more flags allow you to choose the final map (which will prolly be your best map anyway).
killer instinct
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as said in the other topic: most flags decide final map..
Shadow_Ghost
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the idea of most flags chooses next map, its sorta like home field advantage for those who earned it Razz
Wrath
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it should be the other way around. The team who had less flags gets to choose next map. This would offer them the ability to choose a map they are better at rather than have the other team shut them out.
lippy
overactive hormones

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think least flags should decide the final map too be honest, due to the losing team needing a slight advantage against the most skilled team?
Vampire Knight
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lippy wrote:
I think least flags should decide the final map too be honest, due to the losing team needing a slight advantage against the most skilled team?

Erm, its not about "balencing" out the teams or making it fairer, its down to the best teams wins, and in that light the team with the most flags should choose the decider.
Poignant
Still Spamming

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampire Knight wrote:
lippy wrote:

Erm, its not about "balencing" out the teams or making it fairer, its down to the best teams wins, and in that light the team with the most flags should choose the decider.

Agreed and since the poll clearly shows what the players think. I think its safe to say for this tournament at least most flags will pick one of the 4 maps again to play.

Besides if its at tied maps it shows the the team is somewhat even there is no underdog in this situation it tips the balance and gives a team advantage. If the maps are tied thats what is needed someone needs to win the game and I think the team advantage is a fair way to decide one of the maps from the tourney set again. After all tournaments are all about that competitive edge some play for fun sure but others play to win. Fair? unbalanced? Every team has the same chance to score, I don't think we should be trying to hard to make them more friendly the higher to competition the better the games and teams and we all like to see a grueling final.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: