ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jump... jump higher

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GodCells
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 5:23 am    Post subject: Jump... jump higher Reply with quote

I'm working on a themed DM wad. I didn't make any WAD for now 2 years, so I'm not up to date concerning Doom Port's new stuff.

I'v seen a kind of spot where you're propulsed very high in the air, TLSD2oo4 use 'em, in map10 I think. How can I implement those jump spot if I want to use them in my maps? Do you have a link or something that can help me?

Since zDoom's Randy Heit documentations is no longer up to date and there's no editing reference on zDaemon.org, I can't figure out how they work Very Happy.

I created a section at WIP, screens are no longer up to date but it give the mood and the ambience.
http://wip.paci-fist.org/index.php?a=listwads&wad=105

Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Raider
Lazy Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what you're looking for is the "gravity" setting, which must be set at the server:
sv_gravity:
Sets the overall gravity of the entire level.
Type: float
Default: 800

Kilgore has been playing around with this lately. Hopefully he will comment.
Ralphis
That blue hedgehog again of all places!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, he's looking for a sector setting in zdoom. Unfortunately, I don't know it. I'll look into it though
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's talking about the jump pads in tlsd2k4. In general I see 3 difffent items that may be pertinent to this thread:
1. Overall gravity: controlled by the "+sv_gravity NNN" cmd. line parameter on the server. It applies to the entire WAD and maps.
2. Sector gravity: it applies to parts of a map and is relative to the overall gravity. It is set by the WAD authors.
3. Jump pads: they are set by WAD authors; I'm sorry but I don't have any more info about them.
ATG_Death
and this one time, at band camp...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Jump... jump higher Reply with quote

GodCells wrote:
How can I implement those jump spot if I want to use them in my maps?

There are 2 actions in zdoom that can help you - ThrustThing and ThrustThingZ. The first one pushes you on x/y axes (horizontally), second on z axis (up/down). The best way to implement them is to put special things in the sector you want to change to jump pad - Actor that executes the special once you hit that sector with your feet. (If I remember that's how it's done in tlsd2004)
Testing different combinations of ThrustThing and ThrustThingZ forces you can find the one that suits best.
GodCells
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: Cool! Reply with quote

Quote:
I think what you're looking for is the "gravity" setting

I known about sv_gravity... Wink I was realy talking about jump pad/spot.

Now I catch it, there's a new ACS internal function! TrustThingZ... Since TLSD2oo4 scripts aren't inside of the WAD file I couldn't guess this new feature. That's great! zDoom/zdaemon (and skulltag!!) editing reference really need to be updated.

Thank you all for your help.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ATG_Death
and this one time, at band camp...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually scripts ARE in the wad (though this trick wasn't made with acs).

You can find a good reference here, I believe it's the most up-to-date atm.
GodCells
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh wow! It's what I realy need! Great doc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Wad Editing All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: