ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Deathmatch WAD in the making...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wasted Youth
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 4:44 am    Post subject: Deathmatch WAD in the making... Reply with quote

Okay... I'm making a new WAD and it will be for Deathmatch ONLY! Smile

Tell me what you want on it... Tell me what you would like to Deathmatch to... Don't be shy, just tell me everything you would like to see in a Deathmatch WAD!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Twiztid
Who wants a body massage?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New wall textures and flats(like from skulltag), sounds, songs, a railgun Very Happy,and new maps Laughing.

I would like to see new stuff and stuff thats like tlsdm and udm.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Wasted Youth
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I know how to do is to make the levels and add new music... Thats all I can do at this point... WinTex don't work on my computer... For the music I use two DOS programs (mdi2mus and mustool).

(I guess we got bitched at for our quoting spree. Smile You need to stop doing that Twiztid Laughing )
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Twiztid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasted Youth wrote:
(I guess we got bitched at for our quoting spree. Smile You need to stop doing that Twiztid Laughing )

LoL. I could help with wintex if you would like me to. just send me the stuff you want put in the wad and ill put it in for ya. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Wasted Youth
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay... But I'm not sure what... I know whats let do... I will make the WAD with the music and send everything to you and you can do what ever the hell you want to do with graphics and sound. Very Happy

Don't get me started on the quoting stuff again Very Happy
Twiztid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok and if you dont like what i put in just tell me.

Wasted Youth wrote:
Don't get me started on the quoting stuff again Very Happy

Ok i wont. Mr. Green
Wasted Youth
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
Okay... So I guess the Credits would read:

Maps/Music - Wasted Youth
Graphics/Sounds - Twiztid

This would be the first wad that I have ever worked on that is a team effort... I have always have done them all by myself... I have a cousin that I taught WinDEU32 to but he just SUCKS... He can use it but has poor level design and one time He made a sector surrounding a sector wich screwed the WAD up... You have to make sectors around a sector, not trough it...

This WAD is going to kick ass Laughing
I the music is great and the first level is coming along nicely... Any thoughts on what I should include in the levels?

Also... I can't think of a name for the Title of the WAD...
ATG_Death
and this one time, at band camp...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need some ACS? I could squeeze out some if I try. I could even do a map or two, but I usually die at texturing it Mad Shocked
Wasted Youth
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACS?
ATG_Death
and this one time, at band camp...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Action Code Script
Twiztid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would have to make the credits thing because the only thing i can do is recolor monsters. Laughing But i could try, but i wouldnt expect anything great. Wink
Wasted Youth
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean like a picture to put in? I'm good at making pictures...
deathz0r
Custom Title

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I have to say is... experiment with ideas. Don't take anybody else's existing ideas/theories/advice whatever, and just try something. If it works, finish it off with detailing!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Wasted Youth
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to make a WAD that makes everybody happy by asking what they want in it... Not just what I want, I want to make what people want and give it the good old fashion Wasted Youth Twist.

Twiztid... Can you think of a good name for this WAD?
Twiztid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasted.wad Razz
Twiztid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and would you like to have a railgun in your wad?
Wasted Youth
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Smile
Sounds Promissing
Wasted Youth
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay... My web site as of now has been updated with the new wad... Now Twiztid, there is new music on the title, intermission, and levels 1-10... Level 1 is NOT complete, and it doesn't have much done with it... Level 2 I just started and has nothing but two sets of stairs with a texture missing on the bottom steps Smile ...

You will have to use the level warp cheat to go to the differnt levels to hear the music.. (idclev) Also, the midi files and there names are also located on my site under "Music"
Wasted Youth
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...? What do you think? What needs to be done or added? What would anybody like to see in this WAD?
Biff
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For DM play, you generally don't want too much "compartmentalization", things should be somewhat open. Most areas should have two or more ways in and out. Ideally, the large stone structure near the player1 start should allow players to circle it. Hallways and rooms through which the player has to pass to get weapons should allow enough window space to spot other players in other parts of the map and fire at them, also to be spotted by other players. Allow the players to jump out of at least some windows to vary their path.

There should be more than one path into the buildings and possibly eliminate a few doors and widen hallways to allow faster maneuvering.

Put the best weapons at key locations where players are at some risk in going for them, that's a sure way to enhance gameplay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Wad Editing All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: