ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Latin Tourney again?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DemonChildXP
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Latin Tourney again? Reply with quote

Well, I was told to post here and gauge strength for a Latin Tourney #2...

I would be the admin most likely for this and was wondering what the interest level would be of this tournament... If you would like to participate post here and then we can see if it'll happen.. Thanks.
Mario_Dan
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds good to me. Smile
Slasher
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it happens soon count me in...
Mario_Dan
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slasher wrote:
If it happens soon count me in...

Not again... Sad
Let us win this time. Laughing
DemonChildXP
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, hopefully we'll get more interest than just two people. If you know people that is interested in joining, tell them to post here or contact me. I would like to have 16 players for this one.
Mario_Dan
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will help you to spread this event. Wink The principal problem was the long time of preparation for the first tourney. Many players did not like it and quitted of the tourney, and some thinks that will not participate again on this type of tournaments.
DemonChildXP
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm not sure of the issues that happened during that tournament since I didn't admin it, but PM me sometime([SIN]DemonXP) on some suggestions and such you feel would help it run smoother and I'll get it going whenever everything feels in place and when we have a good amount of participants. Thanks Smile
HumanBones
Boner!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you like, I can add this thread to the News Post on zdaemon.org, to try and get more players.
DemonChildXP
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, that would be cool... I'd also be interested for one of the previous admins of this tournament or some of the players to give me some feedback on things to improve as I would like it to go as smooth as our USA and European tournaments do... I believe that is a fair assesment and can be done Smile.
Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the last one, the only problem was that they chose a map on one of aurelians servers, and then he took his servers down, I couldn't get another host and the players wouldn't agree to an already hosted map, they wanted to wait and see if the servers came back on, which they didn't. So the whole thing got delayed. Eventually I went back to their first choice of map as I couldn't get their second choice of map hosted anywhere else. So some players weren't pleased, but it couldn't be helped.

This needs a map picking thats hosted already unless you can get a host for it who won't vanish. And it needs to stay at the first choice.
DemonChildXP
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh I see... Yea you're right .... Well I'm open to suggestions on the map from guys that want to do this tournament so just let me know. This tournament will probably be done, but it will take some planning to have it go much smoother.
Mario_Dan
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The WAD of choice can be diferent from the USA tourney?

I know that is more easy to use the same WAD for all the tournaments. Razz
Slasher
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah.. My suggestions are:

Keep it simple...
Be it by using the same server of one of the Usa tournaments
or by using a very common wad that is hosted on unlaged servers...

Make things clear by explaining everything in both languages,
if you ever need any help with spanish your translator is right here.

Make clear wether it is open for all ppl who speak spanish or only for the ones that live in countries where spanish is the main language [e.g. what happened last tourney with ppl from spain] or for both.

The other suggestions are.. apply the same rules as an usa tourney. [deadlines/dqs/etc..]. It would be easier to handle everything that way imo, but if you want to start soon, which would be great, Ill have to repeat use a very common wad and a stable server with 1.07.01! =P unlagged code.

And finally give enough advetisement , so yeah humanbones idea is neat.

K thnks
DemonChildXP
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright Slasher, good points and you're right. I would like to possibly start it on the first of December to coincide with the other tournaments going on, plus it can follow the same deadline formats as the other tournaments then. I would actually like the wad/server to be hosted in a Latin country to give the people who play fair pings, but the only latin servers there are that I see is from Brazil. Also, the plan is to limit this to LATIN American countries not just someone who can speak spanish. Even if we only get 8 entries, I plan to keep that rule intact. Slasher, I'll PM when you I see you and we can discuss more in depth about this. I will definitely need someone to make the rules in Spanish as I'm only very limited in understanding spanish, much less writing it. So, whenever I get a chance to contact you slasher, I'll get some ideas off of you and a plan will be put in place for this to happen.
Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rules were all translated for the last one, so they should be ok except for any additional ones you want to add.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: