ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Whats your favorite type of music?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
[DMG]6StringKng
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Whats your favorite type of music? Reply with quote

Personally I'm into progressive rock like Liquid Tension Experiment and Dream Theater, I don't really listen to much else besides those two bands except for I'll listen to Metallica every once in awhile, lol...John Petrucci being the main reason I listen to DT/LTE because he my reason for playing guitar hence the name...........anyways, I want to know what's your fav type of music/fav band etc....
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DEATHMETAL
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm

Oh here's some fav's Liturgy,Necrophagist,Internal Suffering,Suffocation,Malignancy,Gorguts,Origin,Devourment,Disgorge,Dying Fetus,Nile
HumanBones
Boner!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Classic Rock and Alternative Smile
climhazzard
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dance, hard rock, some rap (not a lot) Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Fred512
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm all about ska
FyRe
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rock , metal
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
excelblue
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trace, metal, and alternative. (In that order)

I'd listen to some other stuff, but most of the times, it's trace.

However, I discriminate mostly based on file format though, my preference comes in this order:
OGG, XM/IT/S3M/MOD (this is in order too), WAV, FLAC, [I seriously don't want to put MP3 here, but it has to go somewhere]
Englander
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats wrong with MP3? Plays you're music don't it? Confused
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metal hard rock.
Shadow_Ghost
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rap, hip-hop & occasional R&B
Asmodean
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death, black, and a pinch of doom(metal).
Mojon man
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heavy metal, all styles, but I'm always listening thrash metal Very Happy.
excelblue
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Englander wrote:

1.) It's an annoying, limited format. When you want to get your bitrate to a good amount, the sound sucks.
2.) Even with VBR, it's pretty sucky, as it can only render at specific bitrates. However, the sound quality still does not get much better.
3.) The patents. It's just quite stupid, and quite lossy.

Any format that doesn't render nicely at an average of 64kbit/sec, I don't like.
TimeOfDeath
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mix of death, black, and doom metal, preferrably instrumental. A couple bands that I like are Gorguts and Nortt, and I also like the music from the Silent Hill soundtracks.
Englander
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

excelblue wrote:
Englander wrote:

1.) It's an annoying, limited format. When you want to get your bitrate to a good amount, the sound sucks.
2.) Even with VBR, it's pretty sucky, as it can only render at specific bitrates. However, the sound quality still does not get much better.
3.) The patents. It's just quite stupid, and quite lossy.

Any format that doesn't render nicely at an average of 64kbit/sec, I don't like.

But you can hear the music play, thats what i'm saying, I coulden't give a shit about the format as long as I hear the song I want to hear, but you're entitled to you're opionion mate, I quite like MP3 as I can stuff shitloads of them on one cd for my car, and the quality is more than fine for me.
Snowblinded
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, my favorite kind of music is Ayreon. Other than that, my two favorite genres and their bands include:

Progressive rock- Yes, King Crimson, Pink Floyd, Spock's Beard, Rush, Porcupine Tree.
Proggish metal- Blind Guardian, Iced Earth, Dream Theater, Edge of Sanity, Iron Maiden, Fates Warning.
Undefined- Chroma Key, Ayreon (mix of many different genres), Devin Townsend (genius.), Radiohead.
deathz0r
Custom Title

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Englander wrote:
But you can hear the music play, thats what i'm saying, I coulden't give a shit about the format as long as I hear the song I want to hear, but you're entitled to you're opionion mate, I quite like MP3 as I can stuff shitloads of them on one cd for my car, and the quality is more than fine for me.
I agree with excel entirely. I'm not an avid MP3 user and I only have MP3s to get a good determinaton of what I plan to buy next. OGGs are far superior to MP3 in compression, and you could probably hold at least 1.5 times more OGGs than MP3 files in similar quality. I ultimately prefer FLAC though. Lossless audio is so sweet.

Going back on topic though, I prefer grunge and hardcore punk, but I'll listen to almost anything... except Emocore.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MetalSaw
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metal's my main schtick but I enjoy the following as well:

Jazz(!)
Blues
Classical
Prog/shred
(Some) Rock, but not a whole lot.

Aside from that, there isn't a whole lot I listen to really. I look for musical talent more than other shit.
Englander
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathz0r wrote:
I agree with excel entirely. I'm not an avid MP3 user and I only have MP3s to get a good determinaton of what I plan to buy next. OGGs are far superior to MP3 in compression, and you could probably hold at least 1.5 times more OGGs than MP3 files in similar quality. I ultimately prefer FLAC though. Lossless audio is so sweet.

Thing is, I don't think my car stereo can play other formats, (Could be wrong) so it's MP3 or nothing really, but still, it's good enough.

Anyway Yes, back on topic.

The Rock kind: Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, Nirvana, Black Sabbeth, and some recent tunes I quite enjoy, but i'm predominantly oldschool in music.

Last edited by Englander on Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chronohunter45
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:32 am    Post subject: Music, eh? Reply with quote

Anything I like basically. If it sounds good to my ears, I listen to it. O?ne minute I could be rocking out to some Van Halen and the next I could be grooving to some Dave Mathew's band.

I can't stand screamo or emo music though. I hate it when I'm listening to a song on the radio with a brilliant instrumental opening and then having the good instrumentals tarnished by some annoying prick screaming at the top of his lungs and claiming he's singing. That's fucking noise. That's like fucking nails scratching a chalkboard. Same thing goes for emo music or wussy gothic music.

I've been listening to a lot of Barenaked Ladies lately though. They never get old. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Offtopic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: