ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wish-list for ZDaemon development #2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Da_maniaC
Now with new lemon fresh scent!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe its done, so you can not execute the program twice. (By trying to join another server running a wad you do not have).
Of course a workaround can be written for that as well.
theDooMguy
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definately agree with EQ. I hate not being able to do anything else when getwad is taking forever o a big wad/slow host. I do see where maniac is coming from though, that you could launch it twice.
indyroo
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this has been suggested, But I think it would be pretty cool if, on your profile, you could have:

"Total Hours Playing" and/or Total Hours Played this week/today.

Let me know what you guys think. Smile
ZombieMachine
Bloatware!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That'd be a great idea, Now I can see how long I 'havn't' been playing
theDooMguy
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cha0tix wrote:
Possible for "toggle crosshair" to remember the last crosshair used?

the few posts on this gave me a neat idea (though not sure if and how it could be done) which would be the ability to set crosshair by weapon, in other words to have a different crosshair for each weapon.
Kruczyslaw
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+Autoban player after 3 kicks for server
+ Fix zrc logging issue. When you set deafult logging to html format its gonna log it in that format indeed only once..then its autochanged to UTF-8
+ fix/remove "private channel option" (+p)

[472] p is unknown mode char to me
DoomerMrT
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like an "are you sure you want to do that? y/n" message before zdaemon resets the settings to defaults in the options menu.
AF-Domains.net
Dark Messenger of IRC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kruczyslaw wrote:
+Autoban player after 3 kicks for server
+ Fix zrc logging issue. When you set deafult logging to html format its gonna log it in that format indeed only once..then its autochanged to UTF-8
+ fix/remove "private channel option" (+p)

[472] p is unknown mode char to me

Regarding channel mode +p, it is a relic from the older IRCds, although it serves no purpose on zdirc, other networks may use it.

"Fix" is not the word since this is not a bug in any shape or form.
DoomerMrT
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

working sky2 for mapinfo when no doublesky command is defined. Useful for sky in a skybox effect. Currently there is no way to do that.
Empyre
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a good one: An option in the Local/Single Player Game dialog box in ZDLauncher to either play in true single-player mode or coop simulation mode. In true single-player mode, the multi-player things don't appear, and you reload a saved game when you die, which would be an auto-save from when the map was loaded, unless you manually save the game. In coop simulation mode, the multi-player objects appear, and you re-spawn when you die. This would be very handy for enabling mappers to test their maps as it appears in either single-player or coop.

Oops, I just checked and ZDaemon doesn't appear to have the option to save a game. In that case, make it an option whether or not multi-player-only things appear.
Madgunner
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Empyre wrote:
Here's a good one: An option in the Local/Single Player Game dialog box in ZDLauncher to either play in true single-player mode or coop simulation mode. In true single-player mode, the multi-player things don't appear, and you reload a saved game when you die, which would be an auto-save from when the map was loaded, unless you manually save the game. In coop simulation mode, the multi-player objects appear, and you re-spawn when you die. This would be very handy for enabling mappers to test their maps as it appears in either single-player or coop.

Oops, I just checked and ZDaemon doesn't appear to have the option to save a game. In that case, make it an option whether or not multi-player-only things appear.

One way to make multiplayer weapons appear in single player would be to play in deathmatch mode. However, with that said, I think the best way to handle this would be with a dmflag such as "spawn multiplayer weapons" or something in that fashion. In my opinion that would be the better way to handle it, rather than having an option in the menu. (In fact, while I could be mistaken, don't newer versions of Zdoom have a dmflag that does this?)
Empyre
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather than weapons, I was thinking about multi-player-only monsters. In my wad, I added lots of multi-player-only monsters so that in single-player, there are fewer monsters, to make it playable with only one life and with finite ammo.

I may be wrong, but I think that no monsters at all will appear in deathmatch mode.
Madgunner
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Empyre wrote:
Rather than weapons, I was thinking about multi-player-only monsters. In my wad, I added lots of multi-player-only monsters so that in single-player, there are fewer monsters, to make it playable with only one life and with finite ammo.

Ah yes, multiplayer only monsters and items. Forgot about those. While there is no option to enable or disable them in any version of Zdoom or Zdaemon, there is a work around. Simply add a bot into the game and they will become enabled. You can remove the bots if they get in the way and the items will still appear, but you have to add them back before you exit the level. The reason being, is because the "multiplayer check" is performed at the beginning of each level, and if there are more than one players (or bots) playing then the items will be spawned, otherwise they won't.

Empyre wrote:
I may be wrong, but I think that no monsters at all will appear in deathmatch mode.

WRONG BITCH! Razz jk! You can allow monsters in deathmatch mode by toggling no monsters off. Obviously, for good reasons, they are almost always disabled on every server. (Imagine chasing your opponent who has 10 health with a ssg on map01, only to have a zombieman steal your kill. I'd be pretty pissed wouldn't you? Razz )
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the things aren't flagged (in the map) to appear in Deathmatch mode then the DMFLAG won't make any difference.

Also some DM maps do have monsters - Judas23 for example.
soncdoommario
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judas has monsters?

wow, the only significant WAD I rememebr that had a load of monsters was Dwango5.

And Cybershark, unless I'm missing something, doesn't an object always appear on Multiplayer?

And Empyre, if you want something to appear only in Multiplayer, make sure the "Multiplayer" flag is checked on the item properties in your WAD editor.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just depends on the map format Sonic. Standard Doom1/2 has very simple flags for what to display where, later formats have a whole bunch more.
Empyre
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have things with the Multiplayer flag (maps are in Doom2 format, btw, so there is no Deathmatch flag). I want to be able to test my maps offline with the multiplayer things in place, and since I am also trying to support single-player, I want to also be able to test my maps without the multiplayer things. An option in the ZDLauncher dialog for single-player games to enable / disable multiplayer-only things would do the job very nicely, and would be simpler to implement than what I was originally asking for.
Consigliori
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:
Also some DM maps do have monsters - Judas23 for example.

The lonely chaingunner... Smile
Intoxicate
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey forgive me if someone has already mentioned this as i haven't read through all the pages. But my idea is for customisable profiles. Meaning that the profile would control settings, binds, key assignments e.tc. My main reasons being for example in playing ctf i like freelook, crosshair, jump use and weapon switch to be assigned to different keys, a different weapon order to deathmatch for example. As its a long process to change every setting for different playing styles/game modes. Also I think this would also be good if you had more than one person on a computer. I don't know if it would be easy to implement though. Surely you could have more than one config file and have a variable in the client to switch between them, has it been tryed before?
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intoxicate:
  • Keep a separate copy of zdaemon on the HD for each player (so you guys can keep different keys,options, etc)
  • Learn about aliases (macros) so you can make many changes with a single command: then you could have an alias that establishes settings for duels, another for FFA, another for CTF, etc. You could even bind the aliases to keys for quick access.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Development All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 36 of 37

Jump to: