ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wish-list for ZDaemon development #2
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Wish-list for ZDaemon development #2 Reply with quote

You might think it is stupid to start a second thread but that other thread keep saying post doesn't exist so... here are some things that are on my list:

Fix the revenant balls and arch vile when he is attacking in coop.

Also fix the bumping when walking over a 3D bridge....

I didn't made this topic for those two things but for other people wishes...

So post here if you have any !!
ceder
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can view new messages in the old topic by viewing an earlier page, clicking Post Reply, and reading the topic review at the bottom of the page. Confused
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Wish-list for ZDaemon development #2 Reply with quote

spacepirate wrote:
Fix the revenant balls and arch vile when he is attacking in coop.

I believe this is already fixed for version 1.09.

ceder wrote:
You can view new messages in the old topic by viewing an earlier page, clicking Post Reply, and reading the topic review at the bottom of the page. Confused

True. But in my opinion, the other thread was long enough already. I think it deserved a new thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ceder
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok here's a suggestion, allow servers to hide any information from being displayed including frags, deaths, k/d, PING, and time.
DEATHBR1NGER
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HERES A BIG ONE!

To create a new account, PROVIDE A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS. It's so easy to create a fake account these days. I'm sick of people who make new account and don't do anything with them. Also, try to get rid of the "new game, change name, and reconnect" method. Aliases just really piss me off.

Edit: NVM
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
rygrass
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm this my first wish-list but think it will never happen a 32 player surrport?
DEATHBR1NGER
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rygrass wrote:
hmm this my first wish-list but think it will never happen a 32 player surrport?

It is possible. Probably the reason for the 16 player limit was small maps. Now we have RFACTF = lots a ppl Smile
TimeOfDeath
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(I hope I get this right)

The revenant fireballs are semi-fixed for 1.09. The reason I say "semi" is because a full fix would have meant much more net traffic, since the server would keep sending the location of every fireball to every client connected to the server. So, to keep the traffic down, the fireballs will be handled by the client. The server will tell the clients when a revenant shoots and then each player's client will handle the location of the fireballs instead of the server. Because of this, there will be some inaccuracies and you'll occasionally get hit by an "invisible" fireball. So, my advice is to still be cautious around the revenants like you are now. Smile

The issue where monsters look like they're standing there, but they're actually attacking, is on the to-do list.

I mentioned the "hide info on the scoreboard and launcher" idea, brought up by Typone and ceder, to Kilgore but it was regarding Coop.
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The reason I say "semi" is because a full fix would have meant much more net traffic, since the server would keep sending the location of every fireball to every client connected to the server. So, to keep the traffic down, the fireballs will be handled by the client. The server will tell the clients when a revenant shoots and then each player's client will handle the location of the fireballs instead of the server. Because of this, there will be some inaccuracies and you'll occasionally get hit by an "invisible" fireball.
Hm.. I wouldn't call that "semi-fixed". This policy is identical to what we do for all projectiles (eg rockets, plasma bullets, bfg ball, etc). You would need LAN pings/bandwidth to update all projectiles on each tick; I don't see how you could pull that off on the net.
TimeOfDeath
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I must have misunderstood as I had assumed that it was possible. Embarassed
In any event, I'm really looking forward to 1.09 and very much appreciate all the work you're doing. Smile
rygrass
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

same here man thanx Smile
rygrass
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx man i looking foward to it
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another I want to get fixed, it is a little thing but still.

That you really see for example:

You need a red key to open this door.

That would be cool.
ranmaboygirl
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gamepad support would rock as well
[n00b]Adereth
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spacepirate wrote:

That would be cool.

It's totally fixed. Just *ahem* not the ACS print function.
EarthQuake
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[n00b]Adereth wrote:
spacepirate wrote:

That would be cool.

It's totally fixed. Just *ahem* not the ACS print function.

Whaddaya mean? Print() works on my client... with colors too!
[n00b]Adereth
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, but the netcode for the ACS instruction isn't done, so you have to put it in an OPEN script to see it online.
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's fixed
ufon
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope ill be able to run 1.09 from under cedega just as well it runs now, or else im screwed
Stealth
Gone with the wind

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ufon wrote:
I just hope ill be able to run 1.09 from under cedega just as well it runs now, or else im screwed

Just what I was thinking. However, as you can expect, there will hardly be any problem running it under cedega, as I doubt much change has been made to the D3d Overlay, and the hw mouse support guarantees the same accuracy and control sensitivity you get with Windows. However, sound support seems to have disappeared after I got it running under AIGLX (XGL proved problematic with indirect rendering) so an addition to this list is...

nothing. I am happy with ZDaemon. I would like to requerst that newer zservs are compiled under newer kernel and GCC versions. I believe that none of them have been compiled with 4.x, and I request this just in the interest of stability. Actually, a GUI for zserv in GTK or Qt would be quite nice. I'd write a zserv configurator GUI if I could be arsed, but I am not.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Development All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 1 of 37

Jump to: