ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ZDaemon Server Launcher - Beta Testers Needed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both sides are true (to some extent at least). Here are the plans:
  • Incorporate the port number in the log filename to avoid clashes when running multiple instances of zserv from the same directory (which is a practice I don't advise anyway). Clashes about zserv.cfg can already be avoided by using the -cfg cmd. line parameter.
  • Remove log submission altogether (and the corollary log requirement for advertizing to the master); it will be replaced by sending info to the master at the end of the level, just like we do with exp. right now. Server logs will be kept if the server admin desires to do so, but that will be his prerogative.
soncdoommario
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So on your latter statement, when you said how stats will now update in real time like EXP, does the server admin require logs to be enabled for this to happen, knowing log submissions will be done for?
[n00b]Adereth
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Maybe. The recalculation for ranks is a really slow process.
2. No, the server admin will not require logs to be enabled. This was explicitly stated.
Doom2pro
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beta 10 Released -> http://dumped-archives.ath.cx/zsl/beta/

Changes:
1. Added new 'Run Options' option "Custom Executable"
2. Changed default server Initialization config method, instead of 'zserv.cfg'
now 'zserv_<port>.cfg' also added new option in Options->Servers to revert
to the old method.
3. Implemented Server File load version warnings, also added new option in
Options->Servers to ignore these warnings.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HavocDemon
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would it be smarter to not download until you have the whole beta completed, (thus making it not a beta anymore) or download the latest beta that you have improved so far.

i know you set this out for the public for a test drive, but i dont know how much help i would be.

just thought id ask. id be happy to test it out and witness the growing potential of ZD, but i just couldnt decide which would be easier. i have patience so i can wait if that would be better.

- Twisted Evil Havoc
Doom2pro
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HavocDemon wrote:
would it be smarter to not download until you have the whole beta completed, (thus making it not a beta anymore) or download the latest beta that you have improved so far.

i know you set this out for the public for a test drive, but i dont know how much help i would be.

just thought id ask. id be happy to test it out and witness the growing potential of ZD, but i just couldnt decide which would be easier. i have patience so i can wait if that would be better.

- Twisted Evil Havoc

The Beta is almost 100% functional, except for the 1.09 features... It WILL work fine with 1.08 servers and I recommend it over the older ZSL.

The Beta has many improvements over the older version and at this point is a good replacement despite it's beta status.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rygrass
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there a way you could make set teams like

so blue team can only have 3 players
while red can have 8

if bot would that be possible

might be good for some new wads and stuff idk jsut a thought
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Doom2pro
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beta 11 Released -> http://dumped-archives.ath.cx/zsl/beta/

IMPORTANT!!! - This is a complete release, meaning you need to extract & replace every file.

Changes:
1. Implemented Botlist Right Click menus, slipped by unnoticed somehow (Whoops!)
2. Added a new Updater (no more Trojan Warnings!)
3. Fixed a Typo

Note: In this beta the "Check for Updates" feature should work now. I have set it up so it will check the Beta site for Updates... This new Updater is also Beta so if you experience ANY problems updating this way, let me know asap!

The older method of downloading the zip will still work just incase anything goes wrong with the new Update method. And I will still update this thread with new Betas.
Doom2pro
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beta 12 Released -> http://dumped-archives.ath.cx/zsl/beta/

IMPORTANT!!! - This is a complete release, meaning you need to extract & replace every file.

Changes:
1. Fixed a bug where loading/running a server or runlist with ZSL running would not work
2. Fixed a bug in the Updater, would replace itself even if there was no new copy (it would delete itself)

Note: The above mentioned Updater bug will probably end up causing your Updater executable to be deleted if you update with the Beta 11 Updater. To Resolve this, you can download the Zip and update that way or rename the file _zslupdt.exe (if it exists) to zslupdt.exe and update from within ZSL again.
Doom2pro
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beta 13 Released -> http://dumped-archives.ath.cx/zsl/beta/

Changes:
1. Disabled ability to add IWad's to the PWad list
2. Fixed a problem some people were having with the WAD Server "Detect External Address" feature,
some clients would get garbage characters along with the IP Address.
3. Updated the Welcome Dialog.
4. Clicking on a server in the "Your Servers" dialog now refreshes the list.
5. Fixed a bug where loading a Run list (*.zsl) from the "Load Server" method would cause an access violation.
6. Added Server Info Popup Hint to "Your Servers" dialog.
7. Added Right Click menu to "Your Servers" dialog.
8. Added ability to hide the "Server Commands" group in the "Your Servers" dialog.
9. Fixed a bug in loading older 1.7.x.x Server Files (would cause an External Exception).
rygrass
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
[n00b]Adereth
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'know, I just realised... there's absolutely no documentation or tools provided for creating a server run list. I'd really, really like to use this feature, but it's a bit hard when not even a format specification is available. Confused
Doom2pro
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[n00b]Adereth wrote:
Y'know, I just realised... there's absolutely no documentation or tools provided for creating a server run list. I'd really, really like to use this feature, but it's a bit hard when not even a format specification is available. Confused

I have already...

Doom2pro wrote:
Also, about the new option to run a list of server files, the list file is simply a text file with a list of .zs filenames. Each server file must not conflict with the previous servers (Different Banners/Ports) or an error will be thrown

ZSL will first see if the filename exists as it is (perhaps it contains path information)

if that fails it looks in the same directory as the list file
if that fails it looks in your /servers directory
if that fails it looks in your /zsl directory
if that fails an error is thrown

Now this works just like loading a normal server file... In other words you can add a registry entry to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Giving the full path to the zsllite.exe, and the parameter being the complete path to the run list.

For Example: "c:\program files\zdaemon\zsl\zsllite.exe" "c:\doom\servers\runlist.zsl"

Where runlist.zsl is a plain text file with a .zsl extention and each line being either the full path to the (*.zs) server file or just the name of a server file. They run in order of top to bottom, make sure word wrap is OFF. Like the example below:

Code:
server_1.zs
server_2.zs
server_3.zs
server_4.zs

Now if you do it like this, when you login to your desktop, ZSL will load up, and then load the run list and start each server from top to bottom (assuming there are no Banner or Port conflicts).

I hope this has cleared up any confusion.
Doom2pro
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beta 14 Released -> http://dumped-archives.ath.cx/zsl/beta/

Changes:
1. Fixed a bug where a list containing one or more closed servers (with none running) and one selected would cause
an Index Out of Bounds error when clicking the "Clear Old" button.
2. Updated Help Button in Remote Administration Dialog (now points to up to date documentation)
3. Added a "Tutorial" button next to the Help button in the Remote Administration Dialog (points to an interactive tutorial)
4. Added some more error checking into the Your Servers dialog.
5. Fixed a bug that occurs when you start a server using a port that is already in use (without ZSL's knowledge)
and one server running on an unused port and then attempting to clear old servers.
6. Added "sv_deathlimit" (Up to how many seconds should someone remain dead?) to Extra Game Settings dialog.
7. Added "restartemptymap" (Restart map when all players (not spectators) leave?) to Extra Game Settings dialog.
8. Added "CVar Overrides" (These enable you to specify permap configuration settings) to Map List dialog.
9. Tweaked "Your Servers" Dialog docking code.
10. Renamed "File->Load Server->Reopen" to "File->Load Server->Recent".
11. Enlarged Menu Icons.
12. Added Operating System detection & warning (for unknown versions).
13. Various interface improvments.
14. Added new Updater Version 1.2
15. Added new ZDSProtocol utility Version 2.43
soncdoommario
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I tried the Beta 14 release for the CvarOverrides.

Could it be possible to use the Cvar Overrides WITHOUT requiring a maplist? Coop games don't usually use maplists, unless some maps have some major issues. I use an override for one of my Coop servers and I don't have a maplist for it.
Doom2pro
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beta 15 Released -> http://dumped-archives.ath.cx/zsl/beta/

Changes:
1. Fixed a bug in the "Your Servers" dialog where a selection of more than one server would undo and select the top-most
server instead.
2. Fixed a bug where running a server and the server would appear selected (highlighted) but "server command" buttons
would not work without selecting it manually.
3. Increased the width of the maplist dialog and mapname edit control. (some users were reporting there not being enough room
for the last character)
4. Added Process State saving (Saves information about servers started through ZSL to file and restores it when ZSL is started)
5. Added New Option "Save/Load Process State" to Settings Dialog->Servers Tab. (related to #4)
6. Added a new Option "Dont Treat as Maplist" to the Maplist Dialog. (Allows you to use cvar overrides without a maplist)
7. Added a new menu item "Save Process State" to the "Your Servers" dialog right click menu. (This allows you to save the process state manually)
8. Added the "overtime" option to "Extra Game Settings" dialog.
9. Fixed some Typos.
soncdoommario
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doom2Pro, I tried the "Don't Treat as Maplist" option, and I still get the "No map in list!" error message. Is there something else I'm missing here?
Doom2pro
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soncdoommario wrote:
Doom2Pro, I tried the "Don't Treat as Maplist" option, and I still get the "No map in list!" error message. Is there something else I'm missing here?

You are trying to use cvar overides without a maplist... a maplist is still needed for cvar overrides since cvar overrides are connected with a map name/number.

Now when you check the "Don't Treat as Maplist" this simply stops the maplist from going over to the server cfg file.

All cvar overrides are associated with a map number, so say for example you wanted the banner name to reflect the current map the server is on, you would add map01 for example to the list, select it, and click cvar overrides and add an override for the banner to make it like "Sonicdoommario's server - Map01".

Now say if you wanted to do the same for Map07 then you would add Map07 to the maplist dialog and select it, click the cvar overrides button and do the same thing.
soncdoommario
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since this is a Coop server, a maplist isn't needed. So lemme get this straight: if I added maps to the maplist and kept that box checked (say, I added maps 4, 14, and 21 to that list), it would still alternate between maps 1-30 and I'd be able to config specific overrides for the maps specified in that list?
Doom2pro
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soncdoommario wrote:
Well, since this is a Coop server, a maplist isn't needed. So lemme get this straight: if I added maps to the maplist and kept that box checked (say, I added maps 4, 14, and 21 to that list), it would still alternate between maps 1-30 and I'd be able to config specific overrides for the maps specified in that list?

Correct, the Maplist dialog functions as two things

1: The Maplist
2: Cvar Overrides

When the checkbox is checked it only functions as #2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Development All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: