ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ZDaemon Server Launcher - Beta Testers Needed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shinobi-cl
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As in 2.0.0.0 beta 18

When you try to start a server with no admin email, a warning saying that the server cant be started appears. But the server starts anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Doom2pro
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shinobi-cl wrote:
As in 2.0.0.0 beta 18

When you try to start a server with no admin email, a warning saying that the server cant be started appears. But the server starts anyway.

Yep, this was brought to my attention a few weeks ago, and it's already fixed for the next release.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Evilm0nk/2
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to host more then one server using upnp? like instead of just hosting through port 10666 can we use other ports
Stealth
Gone with the wind

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uPnP is simply a method of automatically forwarding ports through your router. If you have uPnP enabled on your router, and you are running two zservs, with uPnP enabled, on two different ports on your computer, then they should both be visible, in the same way that one should work.

uPnP will forward the port you have set the server to use, so if you decide to use 10669, then that is the port that will be forwarded.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Doom2pro
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beta 19 Released -> http://dumped-archives.ath.cx/zsl/beta/

Note: You can update from within ZSL (Options -> Check for Updates).

IMPORTANT!!! - This is a complete release, meaning you need to extract & replace every file.

Changes:
1. Added new DMFlag2 value "Vampire Mode"
2. Added new DMFlag2 value "Instant weapon switch"
3. Fixed a bug in the Bot Editor related to renaming of Bots
4. Fixed a bug in the Process State where it would save information about a server incorrectly sometimes causing
ZSL to Crash or Hang on start after loading the banlist.
5. Added error checking to loading of Process State.
Eagle-Eye
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doom2pro wrote:
2. Added new DMFlag2 value "Instant weapon switch"

Oh cool
Serp_i_Molot
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doom2pro wrote:
4. Fixed a bug in the Process State where it would save information about a server incorrectly sometimes causing ZSL to Crash or Hang on start after loading the banlist.

Awesome, this was very annoying until you showed me how to fix it. Good thing that this is fixed permanently now.

Doom2pro wrote:
1. Added new DMFlag2 value "Vampire Mode"

What's Vampire mode? Does it give you health for damaging someone or something?
rygrass
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serp_i_Molot wrote:
What's Vampire mode? Does it give you health for damaging someone or something?

Have a look in change log or read this. ..

3. Introduced a new DMFLAG (DF2_VAMPIRE = 0x4000000) and an associated
CVAR (sv_vampire). When this flag is on, damaging an opponent will
increase your health by half the damage you deal. There is an upper
limit that one can reach through this mechanism and it's halfway
between normal health (100) and max. sphere health (200), so it's
150 by default. Those 2 values can be adjusted via dehacked though.
DM servers will NOT collect exp when this mode is on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Doom2pro
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beta 22 Released -> http://dumped-archives.ath.cx/zsl/beta/

IMPORTANT!!! - This is a complete release, meaning you need to extract & replace every file.

Changes:
1. Fixed a bug in the setting of the Gametype, the bug was in the conversion of the older
gametype settings to the newer type and would cause the gametype to appear to change
when running the server or selecting another server.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way back on Mon Apr 23, 2007, Doom2pro wrote:
5. Added coop option "Kill Limit" to Extra Game Settings dialog

When I try to set a Kill Limit for a co-op game, the zsl file thus created does indeed contain a line in it such as 'killlimit 8', but this is not then transfered on to the zserv config. Currently if I want to enforce this limit then I have to do it from the server console.

This is a setting I only just started playing with but I'm surprised nobody else has reported this before. Guess nobody uses that function?
Doom2pro
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:
Way back on Mon Apr 23, 2007, Doom2pro wrote:
5. Added coop option "Kill Limit" to Extra Game Settings dialog

When I try to set a Kill Limit for a co-op game, the zsl file thus created does indeed contain a line in it such as 'killlimit 8', but this is not then transfered on to the zserv config. Currently if I want to enforce this limit then I have to do it from the server console.

This is a setting I only just started playing with but I'm surprised nobody else has reported this before. Guess nobody uses that function?

Thats because it's not saved to the zserv.cfg file, it's put in the response file which is a file that contains command line parameters....

Code:
//Kill Limit (coop)
 ResponseFile << "-killlimit " << Serv->killlimit << endl;

Update: ok, minor typo, needs to be +killlimit not -killlimit...

temporary workaround, add +killlimit <integer> to the Autoexec editor in ZSL. Sorry about that, will be fixed in the next release.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear! And thanks for your continued work on a quality product Very Happy

I just can't believe I'm the first person to pick up on this. I guess it's just one of those settings like 'Vampire Mode' or 'Spawn Keys in Team Modes' that nobody ever touches. Still, I really thought with this would have had more use with the rise in 'Invasion' style maps.

Doom2pro wrote:
Thats because it's not saved to the zserv.cfg file, it's put in the response file which is a file that contains command line parameters...

Heh ok. Definitely not my area of expertise and that's just where Kilgore directed me to look.
rygrass
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i think i have seen it been used in other sever's maybe your just the first to report it rather than the first to "see this bug"
soncdoommario
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I come across a couple of problems when I'm trying to handle multiple servers.

Ok, so I open up the zslite file for my Plutonia Coop server. I start it up. No big deal or problem.

Now, I want to start up my TNT Coop server at the same time too. I click the "Load Server" button and the settings for my TNT server aren't appearing in zslite. Sometimes this works. Sometimes if I go to "Load Server again" to finally get the TNT server settings to load.

Both TNT and Plutonia Servers are now running. I decide to stop the TNT Server and then hit the "Clear Stopped" button to purge it from the list. The server does clear, but I get an immediate error message and zslite becomes nearly unusable.

Once I get this error message, I am no longer able to close Zslite, otherwise I get this error message.

The only way I can now kill ZSlite is through task manager.

So, long story short:

1) Seems hit and miss when I want to load additional servers onto ZSlite. Sometimes the settings for the newly loaded server show up, sometimes they don't.

2) If I am running multiple servers, stop a server, and then clear the list of stopped servers, I get an error message. I am then unable to close Zslite normally.

EDIT: Ok, I have a follow-up to my first problem. I have found a way to consistently reproduce the problem. If you double click the server file in the browsing window, the settings for that server will NOT show up in Zslite. However, if you single click on the server file and either press the Open button or press Enter, the settings for those server will appear in ZSlite without a problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Development All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: