ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ZDaemon Server Launcher - Beta Testers Needed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
indyroo
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Nice Reply with quote

I much prefer this server launcher to the previous and annoying 1.7 etc servers, It's really good and has benefited me (and my eyes),

Keep up the good work! Cool
Doom2pro
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beta 16 Released -> http://dumped-archives.ath.cx/zsl/beta/

IMPORTANT!!! - This is a complete release, meaning you need to extract & replace every file.

Changes:
1. Added new Button "New Defaults", this will create a new server with default settings (specified in /servers/Defaults_pre.zs)
2. Fixed several situations that could cause an Access Violation (Memory Error/General Protection Fault).
3. Copies of Servers are now labeled as: Copy of "<Copied Name>"
4. Renamed "Clear Old" button to "Clear Stopped"
5. Removed Enable Rcon, Enable Private Server check boxes (No longer needed in latest servers)
6. Implemented a new mandatory zserv switch "nomsgbox" (prevents messages boxes from popping up in launched servers)
7. Added New DMFlag (Voodoo Doll Starts, coop only)
8. Added new Dialog "Advanced Server Settings" in place of RCON Password, now moved into that dialog.
9. Implemented Map Switch/Kick Voting (Advanced Server Settings dialog)
10. Implemented Limited Remote Console (RCON) in Advanced Server Settings dialog
11. Implemented Alternate Wads in Advanced Server Settings dialog
12. Added "Remove Selected" (removes started or closed servers without terminating them) to Right Click menu item in Your Servers Dialog.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
shinobi-cl
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know it is a bug.... as is a beta release... but in beta16 the changes made in Advanced Server Settings are not applied to the server.

I just tried it today and had to make a zserv.cfg and launch zserv.exe from command line to have voting working.

I obtained the server launcher from the zdaemon 1.08.06 distribution. I just installed over my old zdaemon directory.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Doom2pro
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shinobi-cl wrote:
I dont know it is a bug.... as is a beta release... but in beta16 the changes made in Advanced Server Settings are not applied to the server.

I just tried it today and had to make a zserv.cfg and launch zserv.exe from command line to have voting working.

I obtained the server launcher from the zdaemon 1.08.06 distribution. I just installed over my old zdaemon directory.

Checks out ok here, please tell me exactly what you did, in order.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
shinobi-cl
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, there it is:

On ZD Launcher, Server->Start server...
    Help appears
    Closed with the X on the corner
    Go directly to "Advanced Server Settings"
    Mark "Enable map voting" and clicked DONE
    Changed server name to "TEST ONLY ZDaemon Server"
    Then, clicked on NEW SERVER
    ZServ32 started
    Then, joined through YOUR SERVERS button

When i was on the game, i typed

callvote map map02

And zdaemon reports "Map voting not enabled on this server"

Thats all. Im not the only one having this issue. It happened to someone else yesterday, so i tried on my own pc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to have a maplist because it uses the mapcycle commands internally. Try it and you see.
BestOfTheWorst
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try using a maplist in the server before using map voting/reseting Wink

you can only vote for the maps in the maplist (this way the server has some control over the voting of the maps)

EDIT: oops too slow Embarassed
shinobi-cl
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhhh, i see. Well, at least there should be a warning about that on the "Advanced..." window.
Stealth
Gone with the wind

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really. you should not run a server without a maplist, unless it's a very special circumstance. It's mentioned in the changelog, which is something you should read before deciding there is a lack of information for it.
Serp_i_Molot
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little bug I found in the newest zslite: when you try to exit, the big red X (windows) does not exit the program, it merely minimizes it. To exit, you need to physically exit (File >> Exit). Just a minor inconvenience, but still.

I do appreciate the work you put into this btw.
Doom2pro
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serp_i_Molot wrote:
A little bug I found in the newest zslite: when you try to exit, the big red X (windows) does not exit the program, it merely minimizes it. To exit, you need to physically exit (File >> Exit). Just a minor inconvenience, but still.

I do appreciate the work you put into this btw.

Thats an option, send to tray on exit. It creates a tray icon which you can right click to close.

In the settings dialog you can disable this feature.
Serp_i_Molot
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case, it is a pretty good feature. Thanks for clearing that up for me
Doom2pro
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beta 17 Released -> http://dumped-archives.ath.cx/zsl/beta/

Note: You can update from within ZSL (Options -> Check for Updates).

IMPORTANT!!! - This is a complete release, meaning you need to extract & replace every file.

Changes:
1. Fixed a bug where sv_vote_reset, sv_vote_map and sv_vote_kick were not being saved
to the cfg file.
2. Fixed Potential problem with updating/collecting the various Map/Kick Voting "Features".
3. Disabled loading of Process State after an update (possible incompatibility).
Doom2pro
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beta 18 Released -> http://dumped-archives.ath.cx/zsl/beta/

Note: You can update from within ZSL (Options -> Check for Updates).

Changes:
1. Fixed a bug in the DMFlags2 dialog where clicking either the
"Allow Target Names" or "Detect Voodoo Doll Starts" would uncheck/check the other box,
and or cause a negative value.
Body-Guard
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the new ZSL, just keep up the good work and we will have a very nice server launcher.The ZSL updater is a kinda cool thing to have Smile
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess it's time to express my feelings on the new Zdaemon Server Launcher. I like the way it looks. The lay-out is better and things are way more clear now. The new features of the current version of Zdaemon came with more server options and I must say you implemented these very well. Easy to use, just great. The only thing I don't like about it is that the program does too much of the "thinking". It does not just do what it's told to do like it used to. I've been like aaaaarghhh several times because of this. Oh well, that's just how I feel about it. Good job and keep it up. Smile

Something I noticed tonight was the fact that I can not edit my bots names. The screen to enter the new name pops up but when I enter the name and hit ok, the name remains the same. Because of this, Apple, Grapefruit and Treemonkey can not join my games anymore. Sad Is this a general issue or am I the only one suffering this cruel fate?

By the way, it might cool if you can add your own text strings the bots will shout. Razz But that's a feature suggestion, so I guess that doesn't belong here. Razz
Doom2pro
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
Well, I guess it's time to express my feelings on the new Zdaemon Server Launcher. I like the way it looks. The lay-out is better and things are way more clear now. The new features of the current version of Zdaemon came with more server options and I must say you implemented these very well. Easy to use, just great. The only thing I don't like about it is that the program does too much of the "thinking". It does not just do what it's told to do like it used to. I've been like aaaaarghhh several times because of this. Oh well, that's just how I feel about it. Good job and keep it up. Smile

Something I noticed tonight was the fact that I can not edit my bots names. The screen to enter the new name pops up but when I enter the name and hit ok, the name remains the same. Because of this, Apple, Grapefruit and Treemonkey can not join my games anymore. Sad Is this a general issue or am I the only one suffering this cruel fate?

By the way, it might cool if you can add your own text strings the bots will shout. Razz But that's a feature suggestion, so I guess that doesn't belong here. Razz

There is no way to set the Bots chat strings, and there are no plans to make this feature available any time soon.

About the Bot rename, I have tested it and it indeed is a bug... Thanks for reporting it Smile
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do really feel a need to edit those bot chat strings the you will need to get to grips with a hex editor Ronnie.

Also while I'm here then could I ask that Doom1 (shareware) be supported as an IWAD in ZSL? Zdaemon itself (and Kilgore) have no problems with this and I doubt that iD would as it's unlikely to ever make a serious dent in the server list.
Doom2pro
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:
Also while I'm here then could I ask that Doom1 (shareware) be supported as an IWAD in ZSL? Zdaemon itself (and Kilgore) have no problems with this and I doubt that iD would as it's unlikely to ever make a serious dent in the server list.

Since when has Doom1.wad NOT been supported in ZSL? Smile

It's been in the drop-down list forever, AND there is a file in the ZSL Directory called "iwads.txt" where you can open this in notepad, and add below the others any iwad you choose (No path info, just a filename).

After you save the file, restart ZSL and the list will include the contents of that file.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh lol well I'm not a total server noob, it does show up in the list Razz

My recollection was hazy though, it was Zserv32 that reports "You cannot use -file with the shareware version.". The error is also reported locally which is f**king annoying as it never used to be the case on 1.08.05 and Kilgore told me personally that support for Doom1 would remain.

If I really wanted to then I could still rename a Doom1.wad to something other and it wouldn't be warez to distribute it as such either. Or, y'know, I could make maps for Chex.wad or Freedoom... but I guess I'll have to take this up with him not you. 'pologies Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Development All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: