ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ZDaemon Server Launcher - Beta Testers Needed
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doom2pro
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:59 am    Post subject: ZDaemon Server Launcher - Beta Testers Needed Reply with quote

For those of you who dont know already, I have rewritten ZDaemon Server Launcher, I will not release any more 1.7.x.x versions and as a result I am skipping to version 2.0.0.0 to reflect the many changes.

Version 2.0.0.0 will be released with ZDaemon 1.09 and no sooner...

However, because the older versions have so many problems and are quiet annoying at times (even I must say so myself) I have decided to release the 2.0.0.0 beta to the public...

The beta is almost 100% complete (feature wise) but it needs alot of testing and fine tuning...

This is where you come in, the beta works with the current 1.08 servers but some features will not work as they are 1.09 specific, other than that it should work fine with 1.08.

For a list of changes click here

You can download the beta here -> http://dumped-archives.ath.cx/zsl/beta/

BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING READ THE README!.TXT

Periodically check that location for new Betas... PLEASE DO NOT use the Check for Updates feature, this is NOT working and will most likly fuck up your beta install! (Edit: The Check for Updates feature now works!).

If you find a bug, have a question, want to suggest something or notice anything at all that isnt quite right; click the Help menu in ZSL and select Feedback.

For bug reports, describe the events leading up to the problem so I can replicate it here.

Please submit your queries via the method above BEFORE messaging me in IRC, if for some reason you cannot get the Beta running on your machine contact me ASAP in IRC, if I do not respond I am probably away, LEAVE ME A MESSAGE! I'll contact you as soon as possible to solve the problem.

Last edited by Doom2pro on Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:23 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Doom2pro
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMPORTANT! CONTINUED FROM POST ABOVE...

All new versions of ZDaemon Server Launcher exist in a directory called "ZSL" that is inside your zdaemon install directory. The latest ZLauncher will check here first when you Start a server from the Server menu.

Also, the Loading and Running of servers has changed significantly...

When you Click "New Server" the current server settings will be copied to a new "server" and added to the "Your Servers" dialog beside the main dialog. If you want to start or restart an exisiting server in the "Your Servers" list DO NOT click "New Server"... Find the "Server Commands" button group at the bottom of the "Your Servers" dialog and find the appropriate button.

If you create more than one server, upon selecting a server in the "Your Servers" dialog the contents of the main dialog (and various other dialogs) will be updated to reflect that server's settings...

When selecting a new server all settings in the Main Dialog and various other dialogs will be saved to the last server you selected, however if you load a server from a file ALL DIALOG SETTINGS will be LOST reguardless of the selected server.

Last edited by Doom2pro on Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:37 am; edited 9 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BlackShark
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, ill test it out now Wink
enVision
A.K.A. Rat-Arsed

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice work man, it's much more streamlined and enjoyable to use. Only found a couple of minor bugs but other than that it looks as if its spot on. Smile
Doom2pro
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enVision wrote:
Very nice work man, it's much more streamlined and enjoyable to use. Only found a couple of minor bugs but other than that it looks as if its spot on. Smile

About your comment before about the zcajun, I found a typo, but that shouldnt effect finding the directory...

A few things, make sure you installed the beta into a directory inside your zdaemon directory called 'zsl', and the bots directory in your zdaemon directory should be called 'zcajun'.
Flakey
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey a bit off-topic but not really

How do I host a server?

[my pc]---(wire)---[router]---(wire)---[motorola modem broadband thingy]---(wire)---[WALL!]

Or would it work like this?

[my pc]***(wireless)***[router]---(wire)---[motorola modem broadband thingy]---(wire)---[WALL!]

EDIT : People can't find me etc. it says on most programs like limewire i can't direct connect / host because im behind a router
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
enVision
A.K.A. Rat-Arsed

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doom2pro wrote:
A few things, make sure you installed the beta into a directory inside your zdaemon directory called 'zsl', and the bots directory in your zdaemon directory should be called 'zcajun'.

Yeah it's in its own zsl directory in the zd folder. I'm not sure what happened to bots.cfg but I don't have it; wouldn't it make sense for zsl to generate one if it can't be found?
Doom2pro
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enVision wrote:
Doom2pro wrote:

Yeah it's in its own zsl directory in the zd folder. I'm not sure what happened to bots.cfg but I don't have it; wouldn't it make sense for zsl to generate one if it can't be found?

Not really, I guess you should extract it from the ZDaemon install zip
Doom2pro
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flakey wrote:
Hey a bit off-topic but not really

How do I host a server?

[my pc]---(wire)---[router]---(wire)---[motorola modem broadband thingy]---(wire)---[WALL!]

Or would it work like this?

[my pc]***(wireless)***[router]---(wire)---[motorola modem broadband thingy]---(wire)---[WALL!]

EDIT : People can't find me etc. it says on most programs like limewire i can't direct connect / host because im behind a router

I'd use Wired version above, wireless is unstable and prone to packetloss which is asking for trouble with servers...

If "Enable UPNP" is on ZSL should forward the ports for you
enVision
A.K.A. Rat-Arsed

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doom2pro wrote:
Not really, I guess you should extract it from the ZDaemon install zip

I just done a fresh install from the 1.08.03 zip yesterday - no idea why but it didn't copy the folder over. My bad :p
soncdoommario
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever I try to run a server, it says it can't find "AV.WAD". What's wrong here?
[n00b]Adereth
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're trying to host Alien Vendetta without having the WAD in a directory that ZDaemon is aware of. Settings -> Directories -> WAD Directories in ZLauncher, then restart ZSL.
Doom2pro
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soncdoommario wrote:
Whenever I try to run a server, it says it can't find "AV.WAD". What's wrong here?

It means what it says, it cannot find that wad... If you know where this wad is, add that location to the "Wad Locations" in the Settings Dialog.

Last edited by Doom2pro on Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
tourettes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill test this as well.
Grue
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I have some free time, I'll test this.
soncdoommario
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like whenever I try to add a directory to "Wad Locations", I hit the "Add" button and I get a message saying it was not found. Nothing much I can do with that tab.
Doom2pro
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soncdoommario wrote:
Looks like whenever I try to add a directory to "Wad Locations", I hit the "Add" button and I get a message saying it was not found. Nothing much I can do with that tab.

Yeah that will be changed in the next beta. Does it even show a Browse Dialog?
soncdoommario
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, thanks for the info. I found a workaround for it.

All of my WADs I use in Zdaemon are in my "Doom" folder. When I copied and pasted the PWAD I was running on my server to the built in folder called "Wads" that came in the Zdaemon installation, it fixed the problem I was having.
Doom2pro
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beta 02 released -> http://dumped-archives.ath.cx/zsl/beta/

The only file that has changed is the README!.TXT and zsllite.exe

If you already have Beta 01 installed there is no need to extract anything other than those two files.
Doom2pro
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beta 03 released -> http://dumped-archives.ath.cx/zsl/beta/

If your ra_access.lst file only contains '[' then delete it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Development All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: