ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to run ZDaemon in Linux

View previous topic :: View next topic  
[TTSTS]Soed
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: How to run ZDaemon in Linux Reply with quote

I have make a one How to for play to ZDaemon perfectly with Get-Wad in Linux.
(I'm changing the nick to Ragezort, and i cannot post with my new nick, waiting for de activation... )
You can download that for PDF on :
ftp://Ragezort@soed.no-ip.org/ZDaemon/How%20to%20Run%20ZDaemon%20on%20Linux.pdf
ftp://http://213.60.240.178/cgi-bin/eufs/Ragezort%20Data%20(2)/How%20to%20Run%20ZDaemon%20on%20Linux.doc.pdf

In Doc file :
ftp://Ragezort@soed.no-ip.org/ZDaemon/How%20to%20Run%20ZDaemon%20on%20Linux.doc
and http://213.60.240.178/cgi-bin/eufs/Ragezort%20Data/ZDaemon/How%20to%20Run%20ZDaemon%20on%20Linux.doc

The servers can don't run, are a servers makeds in spain with a normal connection.

Claims, criticals, and others are welcom.

Thanks to all. Smile
excelblue
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice tutorial, but you made a lot of English mistakes on there. Most people figure out how to get it done in Linux themselves, etc.

While this tutorial is quite comprehensive, I feel that it's not exactly done in the right format. People could benefit better if it was in a simple text file or webpage.

I've thought about similar tutorials in the past, but again, there are FAQs that contain this sorta information if you put all the FAQs together.
Hyper_Eye
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With WineX I get sound. For me it runs without any hiccups and is transparent. Also, as stated in other threads, gzlauncher will work with zdaemon running under wine. Running it this way there is no sign whatsoever that wine is even in use. I know there is no getwad support in gzlauncher and it is something I have been wanting to get around to. But, I am not opposed in any way to someone implementing getwad support into gzlauncherl. If anyone does get it then by all means... submit it as a patch to CVS.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
[TTSTS]Soed
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't run WineX Cedega in my computer... Sad Every crashes.
excelblue
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[TTSTS]Soed wrote:
I can't run WineX Cedega in my computer... Sad Every crashes.

Apparently, I think it's really a matter of when you get WineX from the CVS. However, I've faced the same symptoms too.

The way I approached this is: wine is generally more stable for most apps I run. ZDaemon runs OK in the regular WineHQ, and thus I will use that in the time being. Hopefully, someone would come up with a Linux port soon.
Hyper_Eye
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cedega is worth the 5 bucks. Pay it once, get your cedega and don't renew. I have been paying for over two years though so they have had my support.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
excelblue
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really hard to come up with the $5 when the source code stuff has proven to me to be mainly alpha-stage-like junk. So, I got it to compile, but none of the things work smoothly.

So, after spending a long time getting everything working (with the configs and stuff), it has yet to run at least one of my apps. So, I seriously wonder on how I can trust the package, when supposedly, the package is built from that source code, and the stuff from that source code only remotely works (and not really).
Hyper_Eye
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the package and works phenominally. 5.0 just came out. I need to grab that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Development All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: