ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SpyroDM

View previous topic :: View next topic  
spyro_boy
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: SpyroDM Reply with quote

www.chules.net/~spyro_boy/spyrodm1.wad

this is my first FFA successfull map.
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, pretty good, only I saw some bugs, some sectors aren't closed. But kinda good map, dunno about the gameplay tho, so you can't say if it is succesful YET.
spyro_boy
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inf_spacepirate wrote:
Well, pretty good, only I saw some bugs, some sectors aren't closed. But kinda good map, dunno about the gameplay tho, so you can't say if it is succesful YET.

i saw it successful as complete i meant.
Hellknight10471
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow its good spyro and its big.........im still tryin to get the BFG and Plasma Mad
spyro_boy
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inf_spacepirate wrote:

okie, I fixed most of the bugs I caught, if you see anymore please notify me and I will yet again update it...

new link is = http://www.chules.net/~spyro_boy/spyrodm001.wad
Gollum
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reviewed by me (gollum): http://zdaemon.org/wadreview/?RecordID=166
uploaded to: http://69.8.149.153/~gollum/wads/spyrodm002.zip
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
spyro_boy
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gollum wrote:
reviewed by me (gollum): http://zdaemon.org/wadreview/?RecordID=166
uploaded to: http://69.8.149.153/~gollum/wads/spyrodm002.zip

Thanks gollum...that was very good comments you made, I am working on version two.

Yeah, after I summited spyrodm002.wad I thought that people wouldnt like map01 as much as map02, or the other ones at that. Yeah I am cropping down the map a little as well as removing most of the elevators.

Off-topic: I also hear that you like cascada?
scirmast
Da Po-po

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice first release, though you should have only released map01 Razz The others were.. well, it seems you just didn't put as much effort into them as you did to map01. Smile

I am basing my short review on that map only, as you put the most effort into it.

First of all, the map is quite large, which is good, because small FFA maps just aren't that great. I see you recommend 16 players for the map. I'd recommend 6 at max, as I happen to like tactical FFA:s. Also that I think is worth mentioning is that the map is complex and varied. Detail level varies from place to place, at some place it is nice, while at others it's... not so nice. Smile

Item and weapon placement are not too special. There are way too much repititviness, too many same weapons at one spot, too much ammo at some spots. Not very clever. You'll need to work on that.

Overall, a very nice first map. Try to experiment with lightning next time, and remember to detail all parts equally.
Gollum
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scirmast wrote:
Nice first release, though you should have only released map01 Razz The others were.. well, it seems you just didn't put as much effort into them as you did to map01. Smile

I am basing my short review on that map only, as you put the most effort into it.

First of all, the map is quite large, which is good, because small FFA maps just aren't that great. I see you recommend 16 players for the map. I'd recommend 6 at max, as I happen to like tactical FFA:s. Also that I think is worth mentioning is that the map is complex and varied. Detail level varies from place to place, at some place it is nice, while at others it's... not so nice. Smile

Item and weapon placement are not too special. There are way too much repititviness, too many same weapons at one spot, too much ammo at some spots. Not very clever. You'll need to work on that.

Overall, a very nice first map. Try to experiment with lightning next time, and remember to detail all parts equally.

wow! talk about completely different preferred playing styles, eh? =P
(see: my review)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
scirmast
Da Po-po

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gollum wrote:
scirmast wrote:

wow! talk about completely different preferred playing styles, eh? =P
(see: my review)

Yeah, I noticed too Smile
NinjaDog
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol
spyro_boy
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'm reviving an old topic but does anyone still have my doom wad? I've been wondering what it looked like. I've long lost it by now.
[DA]DarthBane
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spyro_boy wrote:
I know I'm reviving an old topic but does anyone still have my doom wad? I've been wondering what it looked like. I've long lost it by now.

I don't Sad I really like to play it [srry for bringing topic up heh]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDReview All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: