ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Deth 1 on 1
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZERO99
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:42 am    Post subject: Deth 1 on 1 Reply with quote

here it is my first 1 on 1 ever!

hope you enjoy it!

Download:www.freewebs.com/doom_wads/deth1on1.wad

this is a complete one map wad with a midi and new Stat bar that i made using a doom 2.wad texture

hope you all like it and please host
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
lippy
overactive hormones

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have a look at it, as the reviewers here have fallen asleep.

EDIT

Shizzle, this is pretty good for a first map, i like the easiness of the navigaton, a nice balance of textures, and weapon ammo, not to man vast areas. I hope for a game on this map one day. I'll post a more detailed Unofficial review later.
lippy
overactive hormones

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find that this map is simple, in the way that the area is symetrical, and curvy, the gameplay is enjoyable. As i already stated, the areas are not to vast, as there is detail, and little effects to make the long distance more interesting.. The only thing i could critisize is that the two staircases cover to much of a vast area, maybe one more staircase in the middle?

This area of the map may need some strategy to be figured out, as depending upon your gameplay style, you may want to shoot plama up to the medium level or stay above, allowing you to have a medium amount of control on the entire map.

In this area, i could imageine alot of SSG fire, and fast battles raging out, rockets would be awkward to use, along with plasma, due to the curves, but don't we want it to be like that? Smile

Overall, i think this is a map with some nice gameplay to be had, it's a hell of a good job if this is your first map, so i say kudos, and keep mapping.

Last edited by lippy on Tue May 08, 2007 5:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
ZERO99
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, Razz a good start to my career in making 1 on 1's Razz. also thx for posting screenies i forgot to do it and it hit me in the middle of science class that i didnt put any up.

funny thing is i almost didnt post this wad up for hosting. The reason is i would get mixed comments about the map some not likeing it at all and some thinking it was ok but i only tested this map with maybe 3 or 4 people. but im glad you like it and hope some one will host my wad and it gets normal play.

you can expect another 1 on 1 im calling it Hanger 18. its inspired by megadeth, as was this wad here( Guess the song i used in this 1 on 1 and get a cookie! ). i havent even started on the layout in doom builder im still really thinking over the lay out here so it flows like D5m1 but still is a hanger. not only is that a problem im going to look or even attempt making some textures to give a more hangar/structual feel to the map.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=3011
someone beat you to it Razz
i wouldn't worry about it though, i doubt it's any good Laughing

Last edited by Cybershark on Fri May 04, 2007 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
ZERO99
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill still make the wad even though there is already one out, i doubt it will ever get played same with deth unless i can get people to host it.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed with Lippy about the ease you can move around, it's not cluttered in anyway despite ample decorations. a fairly simple layout but i think it looks quite satisfying, if perhaps a touch too large to control easily. feels quite pro though.

you need to include a textfile with this. it doesn't have to be vast, just needs to say stuff like player numbers, DMFLAGs (like i presume you wouldn't want jump here but what about mlook?) oh... and AUTHOR NAME! Laughing
it's just so when someone digs this up in fifty years they have some clue what to do with it.
lippy
overactive hormones

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my post has been edited slightly. Smile
ZERO99
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is the wad with the .txt with it

www.freewebs.com/doom_wads/deth1on1.zip
Alfred
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calling it. Have a review ready and waiting. As soon as Raider gives me reviewer status, I'll post it for ya and you will be happy Smile
lippy
overactive hormones

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alfred wrote:
Calling it. Have a review ready and waiting. As soon as Raider gives me reviewer status, I'll post it for ya and you will be happy Smile

I think i've already messaged cybershark relating this, meh, we'll see.
Alfred
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll not turn this into something about me but I will say this: I've been talking with cybershark and he's been talking with Raider, and I pestered Raider as well. While this is still a 'we'll see' operation, I suspect it will happen.
lippy
overactive hormones

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alfred wrote:
We'll not turn this into something about me but I will say this: I've been talking with cybershark and he's been talking with Raider, and I pestered Raider as well. While this is still a 'we'll see' operation, I suspect it will happen.

Wtf, i was talking about reviewing this, take a chill pill.
ZERO99
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wahhh people are fighting over reviewing my map Shocked
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i heard Gollum's tempted to come out of retirement to do it too!

but seriously now, whoever is willing to pay me the highest amount gets published Razz
Czar
God like!

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks nice mate
ZERO99
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Czar wrote:
looks nice mate

thx, still havent got a server for this besides my server that is somtimes up
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

r33v00w3d!
Alfred
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I had it written up... may as well give this out...

Quote:
Deth 1on1, a balanced and fairly fun 1on1 map which while it doesn't really have anything to set itself out from many other 1 on 1 maps out there, manages to have some good gameplay. Some of the main attributes of the good gameplay are like the teleport to the bfg being off to a side where it is rarely noticed. As well as the power weapons being sorted and fairly carefully placed, the chance for much spammage of these weapons seems rare at best. And even thought many of the spawns start far from a weapon, since its a 1 on 1 you rarely get spawn-raped by other players. All of the super shotguns are outside where they are only moderately effective. Fairly powerful weapons, the plasma gun and rocket launcher, are situated in the bottom pit where one might be able to camp for a time, but a SSG and chaingun can help to resolve the camper, as well as the bfg being just up the stairs and through a teleporter. In all, this map plays fairly well, and I'd personally recommend it for some server time.

In addition to playing well, this map manages to look pretty good too. The bleeding sky (moving blood texture) is a little distracting at times though, and I personally would have opted for an original red sky texture for this map, possibly with rotation. The blood pit has a nice touch with the grating in the middle as the blood flows out and back into the mouths of demons. Some rather original designs with the lettering is also a nice touch, although the red lighted over-hang outside can be a little distracting in the heat of battle... In all theres a lot of nice detail in this map, and will look good while you pummel your friends/nemesis(s)/random noobs.

While there is quite a bit to praise in this map, I would like to point out that if some new graphics were added to it, it'd be a much more entertaining map. The midi fits pretty well, so I'm happy with it. Although as it sits its an average, but good, map. Especially for the first go at a different style of mapping.

7/10 - Good, but not quite a masterpiece.
ItalianStallion
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add more weapons, and it would be a great ffa. Too big to be a 1 on 1.
IMO of course :>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDReview All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: