ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3 v 3 Euro CTF Tourney?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: 3 v 3 Euro CTF Tourney? Reply with quote

A lot of people have been asking for a euro ctf tourney, a lot have also been saying that they want to be admin for one. At the moment with the soon to be lack of euro servers, no promises can be made that we will have one in the next month or two, hopefully when we know what servers we'll have etc we'll have a better idea of when we can do this.

Having said that, I don't think there's any reason why we can't get a few ideas and suggestions discussed beforehand, here's some of mine;

Tournament Size; Imo this should be kept to 8 teams, at least for the first one, if there are 4 players min per team, that's 32 people, which is plenty for any admin to try and handle.

Registration period; I think should be open for 2 weeks, to give people time to read the news and organise a team.

Server; should be passworded and available for team practice as soon as registration opens. The password given to each captain as soon as they register their team.

Teams; should be made up of at least 4 players (possibly 5) so you have at least one in reserve at all times in case one of your team has any kind of problem, or can't make it to a particular match, or in case one of your team disconnects or has to leave mid game (also see Reserves).

Each team should have a designated (by the team) captain, all communication with the tourney admin should by done by the captain if possible.

The teams can choose a name for their team, and each team's name with a list of players including the captain is put on a sticky seperate post to save having to scroll through to see who is in what team.

The captains contact information should be included next to their teams name on the tourney registration, with a combined best time to play (no point forming a team if you can only play at different times of day).

Tourney Dates; two weeks for registration, 1 week for each round. You don't want people to drift away or tie up a server for any longer than needed imo.

Maps; Kinda tough, I like people being able to vote, but then again if this was a semi regular event it would be good to change the maps for each one. It would also open up more ctf map packs that could be used which would please the mappers as well as testing the skills of the players and teams in a variety of conditions, so I say let the admin decide. The teams would have up to two weeks to practice the maps chosen.

Rules; these need to be pre determined, a lot can be carried over and/or adapted from the regular tourney rules, they've been formed through experience in running tourneys. It also prevents arguments forming if everyone knows where they stand beforehand.

Reserves; anyone not in a team can become part of a reserve pool of players in case a team loses a player at some point during the tourney (a month is a long time, things can happen). Imo it's up to the captain if he/she chooses a reserve or if it's a team decision, and they should ensure that that person will be available to play at the times the rest of the team can before notifying admin of the change.

Admin; I know a lot of you want to run a ctf tourney, anyone who has run any kind of tournament can tell you that it takes an awful lot of work, for the full tournament not just the registration period. So think about that before asking to run one.

I'm sure I've probably missed a few things so might add to this.

[added] Scores posted on the tournament thread in public view. Usual screenshots should be taken in case of the score being disputed.
izm_
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. CTF maps? It depends... maybe 5 maps from pack 1 would suit as that contains the best maps imho.
Raider
Lazy Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 3 v 3 Euro CTF Tourney? Reply with quote

Samiam wrote:

Admin; I know a lot of you want to run a ctf tourney, anyone who has run any kind of tournament can tell you that it takes an awful lot of work, for the full tournament not just the registration period. So think about that before asking to run one.

There will only be two tournament admins. Humanbones will run the American tournaments, Samiam will handle the European and all others. They will work together and have final say in the format, scheduling and rules for each event.

This is not meant to discourage anyone from presenting ideas for additional tournaments. It simply means that they have the experience and resources to make sure that the tournaments will be successfull. If you've got an idea, present it to Sam or Boner.

Any tournaments that have not yet been completed will continue with the current administrator, however in the future only Sam and Boner will be allowed to create them.
izm_
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 3 v 3 Euro CTF Tourney? Reply with quote

[quote="Raider"]
Samiam wrote:

however in the future only Sam and Boner will be allowed to create them.

Aww.
The Ultimate DooMer
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: 3 v 3 Euro CTF Tourney? Reply with quote

I reckon 3 or 4 maps from the first two packs like last time (but not pack 3, as it won't be fully familiar to everyone).

[quote="izm_"]
Raider wrote:
Samiam wrote:

however in the future only Sam and Boner will be allowed to create them.

Aww.

Snap.
psy-mushroom
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3v3 is dumb , 4v4 at least....
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I would share this with you guys.....

Hi Sam!

I have some good news for you as the Euro Tourney admin: The [L@P] servers will stay at least until the end of March 2005.

[snip]

Anyway, for the next Tourneys the [L@P] servers are ready Smile

Take care,

dA g0dFad3R

-=[L@P] S3rv3R Admin=-

So when do you want this tourney?
The Ultimate DooMer
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASAP of course! (mid-Jan would be the earliest though, to allow for signups)
mr.twister
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very nice news, gj Samian Wink
T800
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to have a CTF tournament too! I'm ready to sign in into a CTF tourney Smile.

Good news for l@p fans.
izm_
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[snip]? Was he having a haircut while writing out the e-mail?
psy-mushroom
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if its tourney comming , ill make some team if not gl anyways
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ufon
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psy-mushroom wrote:
3v3 is dumb , 4v4 at least....

actually 3vs3 is COOL, but its a matter of taste i guess
T800
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:47 am    Post subject: Bronze Team Reply with quote

Which players contains the bronze Team from the actual CTF tourney?
Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Bronze Team Reply with quote

T800 wrote:
Which players contains the bronze Team from the actual CTF tourney?

I have no idea, there's a list somewhere early on in the thread.
Vampire Knight
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is this actually going ahead?
Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure is, next month. Everything has been taken care of apart from a final decision on if it will be 3 v 3 or 4 v 4, more people seem to want a 4 v 4 so if that's the case then that's what we'll have. Maps I've been going through today, there will be 2 from the first pack and 2 from the second. People also want to choose which selection so it'll be put on a poll well before registration starts, as the server will be up for then.

People are already organising teams and captains for it, which is great as there will only be 8 teams, so it's first to sign up when it opens who will get the slots. The poll for the maps I'll hopefully get sorted this week, but everyones pretty busy atm, me included. The regular tourney registrations I'm planning on starting a day early, on the 24th, so organisation for that comes first.
psy-mushroom
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sedlo me autechre isus i already see a winning team Cool
Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psy-mushroom wrote:

Hehe yeah but will Sedlo play with his fellow countrymen or will he play with 66. He is good in ctf though, gotta admit Smile
Dave Lister
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm very sceptic about this, cause i've never seen team doom tournament running smoothly. my advice is to accept only really reliable players and keep team number low. regarding team size, 3vs3 is definitely the way to go. it's fun and it's also easier to get 6 players together than 8. i'd like to see i was wrong with my doubts, maybe you'll prove that such tournament can be done without big dqs....

Quote:

i'm sure you mean my team Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: