ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Enough BS about who's on top.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Clans and Scrims
View previous topic :: View next topic  
switchman
On a Rampage!

Location: longitude: 79d 50m W latitude: 43d 20m N (-5:00 GMT)

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm they all seem like the same type of reason to me though Joker... some sort of sense of belonging or security from this big bad old world right? I suppose that may be preferable for some. I don't fall into line or follow orders well myself.
What if I don't need a sense of belonging to something?
You seem like you can sure take care of yourself well enough though.
Does that mean you wouldn't frag a fellow [DUI] guy in FFA or give preferential treatment to each other? If not then that's my point I guess... once the game begins what's the use of it?
As for (LOL) being selfish... at least I don't have a password protected server... what are you guys hiding in there anyways??? The ZDaemon WMDs heheh???
Twiztid
Who wants a body massage?

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xrob2k4x wrote:
Man you guys are pathetic, I get banned for a few weeks and look what happens
It got worse while you were gone, and less funny.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Da_maniaC
Now with new lemon fresh scent!

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xrob2k4x wrote:
Man you guys are pathetic, I get banned for a few weeks and look what happens

NO, u gotta be fucking shitting me!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

I thought u were gone forever damnit!!!!!

I hope u die!!!! u here me!!!!!!!!!
Joker87
sleeping with one eye open

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

switchman wrote:
Hmm they all seem like the same type of reason to me though Joker... some sort of sense of belonging or security from this big bad old world right? I suppose that may be preferable for some. I don't fall into line or follow orders well myself.
What if I don't need a sense of belonging to something?
You seem like you can sure take care of yourself well enough though.
Does that mean you wouldn't frag a fellow [DUI] guy in FFA or give preferential treatment to each other? If not then that's my point I guess... once the game begins what's the use of it?
As for (LOL) being selfish... at least I don't have a password protected server... what are you guys hiding in there anyways??? The ZDaemon WMDs heheh???

Security from the world? It's not like that at all. It's more of helping eachother to further our doom skills, and even help eachother with other problems like technical support, sharing files, etc...
My clan isnt giving about orders, Trigger doesnt run around saying "You have to do this" or "Play this game or else", we arnt about that kinda bs. It's more of a group of friends just kickin it. Course I would frag fellow DUI's, how else would you get better? Which brings me to my next point, the password protected servers are for practice and clan meetings. What we have to say is clan buisness and noone needs to know about it. We could be planning an attack on a rival clan or some shit like that. Razz
GrimReaper
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

be a loner, u have more self-confidence
ccarnage
God like!

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not about being in the best clan, it's about being the best player (like me)
switchman
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya I see your point Joker but I still think that clans can be more harmful than good to the general ZDaemon population as a whole.
For example the other night I was dying for a good game and when I got on ZDaemon the only real players I saw was your clan playing with each other on your private server... it may be fun for you but it's like segregation for me.
Were such groups formed to the exlusion of others on Dwango in your "good old days" there? I bet not or you wouldn't be so close today. Clans rob ZDaemon of that exact opportunity you had on Dwango.
In a way it's sort of like camping... if everyone did it there wouldn't be a game anymore.
Anyway I understand where you're coming from and it's all good for me I guess cause I won't change... I just hope ZDaemon doesn't become a smattering of elite groups... I think that would pretty much drive away a majority of the new users once they realized they weren't part of any fraternal "old boy" network.
So for the present I'm staying a lone wolf and you can frag me later heheh. Laughing
By the way Joker: I think you'd make a great judge on American Idol if they ever turn "Waaahhh!" into a song (meaning you must hear a lot of 'em) LOL! Very Happy
Lyfe
Puts the 'Z' in ZDaemon

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scirmast wrote:
Lyfe, I think it's better to stop all kinds of spamming activity. If you look at some of the posts here or in the general chat board, there are much worse things than just the "on top" problem.

Instead of "anti on top campaign" we could have "spammers banned campaign"

It's not really a campaign. The real reason I did this is because I'm tired of going through the forums, making sure things are at least tolerable, and having my work cut out for me by having topics where people have just decided to post "Blah on top" at the end of a topic.. for no apparent reason. It managed to get under my skin, and this is how I reacted. (And I do not regret it.)

I'd love to stop all spamming activity, but what you dignify as spamming, and I dignify as people having no lives (or too much free time) may be the same thing.
Joker87

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lyfe sorry to bother you but you never asnwered my question...is my signature coo or do I gotta change it?
switchman
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm my best arguments go unanswered. The silence is deafening. Anyone else or is it game, set, and match for this debate? Yep I think it is.
ZDaemon would be a better place without all these childish - yes CHILDISH - clans. One only has to observe the recent string of immature babblings by all the clanners to prove that point. In fact the very need for this thread in the first place proves that point quite well I think.
Period.
(I think I can hear Sir TimberWolf applauding somewhere in the backwoods of Ohio heheh)

next rant - What's the use of these sigs anyways??? They usually take up 2 - 3 times the size of the original post and are repeated over and over again throughout each thread... most of which are totally unrelated and useless slogans or even worse include HUGE GIFS! I say: "DOWN WITH THE SIGS"! Off with their heads heheh!

(but then again... that's just ME)

Last edited by switchman on Sat May 15, 2004 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lyfe
Puts the 'Z' in ZDaemon

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

switchman wrote:
Hmmmm my best arguments go unanswered.

Heh.. That might be a nice theoretical answer to it, but it doesn't really determine the result.
Joker: signatures are not nearly as annoying as whole posts dedicated to the matter.

switchman wrote:
Anyone else or is it game, set, and match for this debate?

It's not a debate. What the admin of a forum says goes, regardless of whether or not it is reasonable or intelligent.

switchman wrote:
ZDaemon would be a better place without all these childish - yes CHILDISH - clans. One only has to observe the recent string of immature babblings by all the clanners to prove that point.

I think clans provide a secondary means of being competitive within the community. I'm as disgusted by many of them as you are about all of them, due to their poor antics, but I don't believe that's a reason to throw them all out.

switchman wrote:
next rant - What's the use of these sigs anyways??? They usually take up 2 - 3 times the size of the original post and are repeated over and over again throughout each thread... most of which are totally unrelated and useless sloagans or even worse include HUGE GIFS! I say "DOWN WITH THE SIGS"! Off with their heads heheh!

New rant? new topic. There aren't too many people who have such things in their sigs.. and unfortunately, i can't disable the images without disabling the links as well (and I like my sig) :P
switchman
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A reaction! I was just stirring the pot to add a little more Lyfe into the conversation heheh.
I know there's no way of eliminating clans, spam or sigs... it's food for thought though. Shall we say a theoretical argument (woo that's WAY over MY head LOL).
Maybe I just painted a huge target on my back for speaking my mind but I calls 'em as I sees 'em heheh.... and that spade is a damn spade LOL.
thefwf
God like!

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolate on top
Teh whipped cream on the bottom

mmm, teh uber ice cream
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Joker87

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

switch, we may disagree on alot of topics but in the end your a good man. anyone have a problem with you they got it with me. Wink
might not mean anything to some but I stand by what I say, and I'll back you up homie. In conclusion....bring it on cuz. Cool
switchman
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right back atcha Jokes... and don't get me wrong I wasn't dissin DUI or nothing cause I can tell you are my kinda guys (at least YOU are heheh).
I was just speakin my mind (or what's left of it) on a boring Saturday morning heheh. You can frag me anytime bro! Wink
deathz0r
Custom Title

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

switchman wrote:
(I think I can hear Sir TimberWolf applauding somewhere in the backwoods of Ohio heheh)
SirTimberWolf does not need to flood the clans forums with worthless shit. It annoys the hell out of me that all of his posts in here are nothing but (basically) postcount++; crap.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Twiztid

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That could be said about alot of people.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
GrimReaper
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*coughtwiztidcough*
Twiztid

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly!
Red Frog
USMC

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's this kind stuff that gets a topic locked. That's not really a bad thing in this case, considering that this topic should've benn locked from the get go.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Clans and Scrims All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: