ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The future of ZCL (Saturday night priv)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> USA Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madgunner
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:42 am    Post subject: The future of ZCL (Saturday night priv) Reply with quote

So as you may (or may not) be aware, I kind of disappeared from the Doom community after season 2 of ZCL finished and I haven't been around much, until about a few months ago. Anyways getting the point, I would love to have a third season of ZCL, but unfortunately most of the people who participated have since left and the competition scene on ZDaemon isn't as big as it was in 2014; however it is starting to come back thanks to the monthly tourneys Cecil, Souler, and RoSking are running. So I was thinking, why don't we resume an event we use to do called Saturday Night Priv where we would play private CTF for hours on Saturday night? Perhaps after doing this for awhile, we can drum up enough support and start season 3 in the near future. Souler was even nice enough to donate a server that's located in the middle of the US Very Happy. Thoughts?
BlackCecil
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am all for this resuming Private CTF Sessions on ZDaemon. How do others feel?
OurHero
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZD used to be the best port for CTF and can be the most fun when played correctly no one has really stepped up to the plate to host ZCL for a while now I dont know if it's because people perfer zd 1.08 or what but I Think starting a priv night at least once a week will be good for the community.

Would be nice to see an updated 2017 wad with some new and old maps ready to go for this (priv/zcl) server. (those other wads are killing me..)

(another extra detail thing in OurHero's world) - In the future dont know if this is possible or not would also be cool to have some sort of CTF EXP System on the master server that's similar to the current FFA EXP. That could show Individual's Points, Flag Captures, Assist's. and then that way players could see how well they compare to others but that will probably never happen jaja xd
Madgunner
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackCecil wrote:
I am all for this resuming Private CTF Sessions on ZDaemon. How do others feel?

Everyone I've talked to so far is in favor of the idea. The main problem is just finding a time that works for most people. Souler suggested 6-9 PM EST, but I feared that it may be too early. A couple of people I talked to seemed to agree with me on that. I'm pretty sure back in the day we did it at 10 PM EST. Perhaps that'll work again?

OurHero wrote:
ZD used to be the best port for CTF and can be the most fun when played correctly no one has really stepped up to the plate to host ZCL for a while now I dont know if it's because people perfer zd 1.08 or what but I Think starting a priv night at least once a week will be good for the community.

After season 2 completed unfortunately I got real busy and didn't have time to host it again. I'm sure there's some people who won't play since it's not 1.08 Rolling Eyes, but I feel most would do it again. I just want to make sure enough serious people are down for it before I start season three, because we had two successful seasons and I don't want to taint the league with a third one, if it doesn't go well. That's why I think we should run Saturday Night Priv again and build up support.

OurHero wrote:
(another extra detail thing in OurHero's world) - In the future dont know if this is possible or not would also be cool to have some sort of CTF EXP System on the master server that's similar to the current FFA EXP. That could show Individual's Points, Flag Captures, Assist's. and then that way players could see how well they compare to others but that will probably never happen jaja xd

This was actually planned at one point in time. Kilgore's been real busy as of late, but I'm sure we'll see it in eventually. We could actually do something like this for a league by making a simple program that scans server logs and compiles things into a database.
Alpha_
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZCL season 3 is far from now if it were to happen again. But i would help again. i still have the website too

I would like to play zd ctf again, its been a long while since i played some doom in any port.

been wanting to play some KOTH tho.
Madgunner
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Alpha's back awesome!

Alpha_ wrote:

ZCL season 3 is far from now if it were to happen again. But i would help again. i still have the website too

I would like to play zd ctf again, its been a long while since i played some doom in any port.

Yeah it's definitely a few months away at the earliest, but we're on the right track. Since we started competitions again, there's been a lot more public ctf at night. We're going to start Saturday Night Priv in a week or two also to drum up interest. Things are slowly happening, I'm also starting to see some old faces playing again, so I'm pretty confident we'll see a season 3 of ZCL in the near future Smile
Madgunner
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so let's do this this Saturday 4/22 at 10 PM EST. Time to priv again!
Madgunner
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so we just concluded our first session. It got off to a slow start, but we actually had some fun games at the end. Unfortunately, Saturday doesn't look like the day to host this anymore. Souler informed me that lots of people were playing public CTF on Friday, so how about we move it to Friday instead? Sadly, I don't give off work until late on Friday, I'll try to change my schedule, but for the time being someone else is going to have to get this started. I can definitely join in later though. Any takers?
Madgunner
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright so time for an update! It looks like both the WDL and GFA are either done or will be on hiatus for a while. In light of this and due to the fact that Souler has done a tremendous job in bringing CTF back to this port, I think it would be a perfect time to bring back ZCL! I've pitched the idea around to a couple of veterans and there's definitely interest, though we all agreed we should probably wait about 2-3 weeks so that more people will be around for Summer. This also would be perfect for me, as I'm currently in the process of moving to a new house and still don't have my computer and everything set up just yet. Unfortunately, I don't have quite as much free time as I did for previous seasons, (This will change in a few months, almost done with my job.) so I'm going to need some help running the league this time around. So far OurHero and Alpha have agreed to be administrators, but I think we made need 1-2 more for this season. Basically all we need is someone who is on often and can spectate games and make sure that the rules are enforced, and then upload the demos and screenshots to the website. It's a fairly simple job, just requires a little dedication. Anyways lets continue playing private and public CTF and in a few weeks we'll open sign ups. I'm very optimistic that we'll have a great third season!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> USA Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: