ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gzdoombuilder format compatible with zdaemon?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
L1T
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 6:43 am    Post subject: Gzdoombuilder format compatible with zdaemon? Reply with quote

Hello I'm somewhat new to mapping and I use gzdoombuilder now. I'm familiar with mapping for zdaemon with doom/zdoom in hexen format back when I used doombuilder 2. When using gzdoombuilder I have different options for formats and I just want to clarify which format I should use for zdaemon specifically before delving into mapping again. Here are the options:

boom: doom2 (doom format)
doom: doom2 (doom format)
gzdoom doom2 (hexen format)
gzdoom: doom2 (udmf)

I'm guessing either doom:doom2 (doom format) or gzdoom doom2 (hexen format). I don't necessarily use advanced options and ACS scripting but I like the opportunity to use them.

Thanks.
Buli
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is, you just need to use the right format. Or you can use Zdaemon config.

http://forums.zdaemon.org/viewtopic.php?t=14038
Krawa
There is a limit

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Doom/Boom (Doom format) and Doom2 (Doom in Hexen format) can be used. It's even possible to mix maps in different formats in a wad.
Doom/Boom (Doom format) is an easier format with less functions and e.g. teleports, doors, ... are easier to get work.
Doom2 (Doom in Hexen format) is advanced with much more settings and functions.
Btw. ZDaemon always runs in Hexen format. Doom/Boom maps will be converted before they get loaded by the engine.

It's also possible to convert a wad from Doom/Boom (Doom format) to Doom2 (Doom in Hexen format) with ZDoom tool ZWADCONV.
So it's possible to start mapping in Doom/Boom (Doom format) and convert the wad to Doom2 (Doom in Hexen format) later if needed.
Aeyesx
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zdoom (doom in hexen), best format...
or zdaemon map format (big thanks to its authors).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: