ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doom 4 Closed Multilayer Beta

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Consigliori
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:41 pm    Post subject: Doom 4 Closed Multilayer Beta Reply with quote

Anyone else had a crack at it yet? I've played a little on ps4 today and I have to say I'm not really too impressed. There's only 2 maps and game modes so it's hardly extensive but it feels so generic that I'm really not sure why they bothered. I won't be cancelling my pre-order, because Im sure that single player is where the game will really shine, but I expected more from the multiplayer side of things.

Considering the amount of hours I put into Zdaemon, and the endless fun I had, perhaps it's no surprise that the latest incarnation of Doom is a disappointment to me. In fact, the first thought that came to me when I got into my first game was that it wasn't a patch on Zdaemon, and that I reeeeally miss logging in and fragging all you noobs. The nostalgia alone was enough to bring me here to seek out the opinions of those who know best!

My opinion is my own, and maybe some of you will disagree... I think it's testament to the hard work and dedication of this little community that Zdaemon, a wee fan made port of an ancient game has more to offer gamers than a multi million dollar effort, made over many years by a huge team of professionals. So.... keep up the good work guys! Smile
Aeyesx
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awwww I am awared ure right, yet i still hope... :/ I have PS4 pre-order anyway.
DoomKid
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing will ever come close to Old Doom DM.. My ZDaemon account is over 10 years old now and I've been DMing for over 15 years, the time has flown and the hours logged are immense...

Anyway, about the New Doom, this game still looks better than so much other content we see from the big-name titles these days. I too am hoping the SP will be a thing to remember.. From all we've seen, it looks fantastic Smile I'm also hoping the multiplayer will at least be fun to play now and then, though of course it won't touch the oldies.
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played Doom 3 half a dozen times with different mods. And the expansion packs I did a handful of times. I think I only ever spent 60 minutes doing the multiplayer... 4 players was quite an underwhelming player cap. But I heard Doom 3 had a great co-op mod that was awesome it made the original game playable with 2 or more people plus custom maps where you just blew away monsters in stripped down levels that allowed a lot of running around

Doom 3 was a fun game to show my friends. Hooked up my computer to a big screen television and we would watch someone (me) play through the game, with a realistic volume setting

Doom 4's multiplayer might end up being better but I don't know by what degree or for what reasons
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doom 4 looks at least twice as good as Doom 3 does, in terms of overall gameplay and at least the illusion of open-level design. Doom 3 made no apologies for what it was, so I don't have a gripe with it

I'm sure Doom 4's multiplayer isn't going to be better than a lot of the modern classics like Unreal, Counterstrike, Quake 3, or insert name here.

Will it be better than Call of Duty and Medal of Honor multiplayer? Probably a safe bet. It might not be as good as Battlefield though :p
DoomKid
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheCupboard wrote:
It might not be as good as Battlefield though :p

Have at you, good sir! Snapmap with 2x player speed will probably be way better than anything I've seen from BF!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Offtopic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: