ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doomkid's Duelzones - Release!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DoomKid
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:30 am    Post subject: Doomkid's Duelzones - Release! Reply with quote

Hello once again my beautiful little Doomies out there, and welcome to Doomkid's Duelzones.

About two months ago, I posted a pack of maps which Krawa very kindly hosted on Zdaemon Sessions. Some of them were older maps, but some of them were works in progress. Using the feedback I got from multiple players, I've ironed out all the flaws, and am here to release them as their own standalone pack. Smile

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/download/056hwcv6c2fym8w/KID_DUEL.zip

This WAD contains 7 duel maps which I've worked very hard on perfecting. I know it's a bit less than my previous releases, but the lesson here is quality over quantity!

Screenshots below:

The texturing is cleaner than my old stuff, but more importantly, the item and weapon placement is far superior. These are designed to be true skilltesters - You'll have to know exactly what weapon to use and when to defeat your foes, and use of enviromental cover is crucial to victory. Simply put, I went in with a "designed for tournament use" mentality.

A big thankyou to MrCrispy, Decay, Ru5tK1ng, The_Miano and a few other beauties out there for your critiques and advice while constucting this set. It's because of your input that these turned out nicely, rather than just another "king of the items" DK_DM mapset. Of course, a major shout out to Krawa for having hosted these on ZDS!

As always, I appreciate ANY feedback - even if you want to berate me, something is always better than nothing!

ENJOY Smile
Englander
God like!

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, got a nice Greenwar feel to it with some modern elements thrown in, I like the gun metal grey chaingun and the other custom graphics although the impaled marines look a bit fucking disturbing lol.

Nice colormap as well.

I will say though, I think these would probably be better suited to small ffa.

Nice work.
capodecima
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked this wad only in offline mode and ill say ill have some fav maps for dueling in it, the maps are bigger with more areas which vice versa to duel maps nowadays. I deff will host this wad soon and try to out more. I think if the spawns will smart placed, ill have ton of funs. Thx for the wad.
DoomKid
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for the replies Englander and capo Smile I do like duel maps that give you some more space than usual, but it's true, these are also suitable for a small FFA. I hope you both enjoy them!

Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDReview All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: