ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bored? Want to add some edits to my maps?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bwidger
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Bored? Want to add some edits to my maps? Reply with quote

This is the draft version of a wad I plan on releasing. If anyone would like to add some of their creative ideas or insights and incorporate into any of the maps within this wad, this is my invitation to do so. I figure this will help make the maps better and will inspire more creativity on my part.

One thing to consider, however: if I don't like your ideas or your edits there is no guarantee I will incorporate them into the maps on the final wad release. If they are good ideas or make the map cooler looking or a better overall flow to it, then I definitely will add it. I will let the editors know if I like it or not and we will go from there.

Also, if you're so inclined, you may also add similar style maps if you want to, but the maps will also be in consideration before the final release, and of which you also allow me to edit parts I think would make the map overall better, only after your permission.

Anyway, nothing special about these maps in my opinion. And many of them aren't finished, but I enjoy making maps so I thought I'd release it as it has been sitting on my computer since 2006 lol. You will notice lack of ammunition or teleports or bad textures or even bad layouts because I am not yet complete, which is why I am welcoming editors to have their way with it for now.

So, if you'd like to add some of your ideas or even your own maps to the overall wad, here are the parameteres:

1. 8-16 death match style.
2. under ZDoom (Doom in Hexen format)
3. Doom2.wad textures ONLY
4. mouse look, jump and LIMITED ammo are expected, and ANYTHING within the ZDoom (Doom in Hexen format) is allowed. Map sizes do not matter as long as they have good flow or weapon placement.
5. Midi music files only. No stupid shit

So if you want to add your creative mix to this wad, here is the draft version thus far: http://www.filedropper.com/bwdm10 (GO TO "DOWNLOAD THIS FILE" AND PUT IN CAPTCHA CODE FOR BWDM.WAD)

Leave a response here or email me at bkw11@rocketmail.com to get a hold of me.
Aeyesx
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's so many missing textures there, and here,(especialy map04) ... check console... but it propably because of mixed flats/textures... few bad texture offsets (unpegged textures) but looks good >) ! Ill take closer look tomorow >)
bwidger
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aeyesx wrote:
There's so many missing textures there, and here,(especialy map04) ... check console... but it propably because of mixed flats/textures... few bad texture offsets (unpegged textures) but looks good >) ! Ill take closer look tomorow >)

Yeah, this is a draft version. I'm putting it out there to see if anyone wants to add some edits or maps or w/e (read original post).

OK, sounds good Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Wad Editing All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: