ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't play

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DoomKingUK
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:54 pm    Post subject: Can't play Reply with quote

When i log onto a map and the screen shows nothing from the keyboard works. If i toggle and toggle back to the game and click the mose the gun fires continuously and that's all i can do:( Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AF-Domains.net
Dark Messenger of IRC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you provide a bit more detail in this case?

What version of the client are you using?

Which version of Windows? (are you using Windows)

When did the client last work for you?

Have you attempted to generate a default zdoom.ini by renaming the existing file to zdoom.ini_ ?
DoomKingUK
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:27 am    Post subject: zlauncher v 1.10.0.0 Reply with quote

Running Windows 10 64-bit
Its been a good few months and i thought i'd try it. Nothing has changed in settings since then.
I even reinstalled the client.

Going to try to rename the existing file to zdoom.ini_

No i'm not sure how to do the ini file
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AF-Domains.net
Dark Messenger of IRC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not impossible that there could have been one or more Windows updates and/or even a graphical driver update that may be causing a problem.

In the case of the graphics driver, have any updates been installed for that lately? or if not, have you checked to see whether one is available?

Are you running in Windowed or Fullscreen mode?

If you're using the ZDaemon Launcher, go to Settings -> General -> Video Mode; from there select the In-Game Video Mode that you want to use (Windowed, Native Fullscreen or Borderless Fullscreen), though you will need to enter the desired resolution manually. See whether that happens to have any effect.

Going back to the zdoom.ini once more, perhaps open it and then look for the following setting:
vid_blitmode

If it is set to 0, change it to 1; if set to 1 change it to 0 to see what happens.

As for renaming the zdoom.ini if you want to start from scratch:
1) In File Explorer click the "View" tab and tick "File name extension" (the lack of file extensions being displayed can be a pain)
2) In your zdaemon directory look for the zdoom.ini file
3) Rename zdoom.ini to zdoom.ini_ (Select the file and press F2 and it'll allow you to change the name)
DoomKingUK
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I renamed the zdoom.ini to zdoom_.ini and no change. There was a system update but no graphics update. Changing it to full naitive, windows etc restarting etc no joy.. Strange how the only keyboard key that works on doom is the "tab" to view the map but no other key works at all
AF-Domains.net
Dark Messenger of IRC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For reference, what graphics card are you using?

Although perhaps a bit extreme, have you attempted to reinstall the graphics driver just in case that in any way is related?

Do you happen to play any other games? Have any of them started to encounter this specific oddity in recent times?

Although it could also be a bit further out there, have there been any changes made to the Windows Defender? Or the Exploit protection? Although it is again something that's out there, have you attempted to place the zdaemon.exe executable onto an exception list just in case that mechanism is causing any sort of internal malfunction? (It's not outside the realms of possibility)
DoomKingUK
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suddenly straight out of the blue it worked!!! with the old problem ive had for the last year or so. In windowed mode during gaming some of the keys seem to toggle off the game with it still running in the background and i can hear it. It's annoying being killed during this occurrence. I have to use task manager and double click the zdoom process to expand it and double click on the expanded process to get the screen back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: