ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ZDaemon Mac OS X build
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lyfe
Puts the 'Z' in ZDaemon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: ZDaemon Mac OS X build Reply with quote

Well, I said I'd try and keep up to date on it, and I've been doing ok. Here's a 1.10 release of ZDaemon for OS X.

http://www.zdaemon.info/files/ZDaemon_1.10.05.dmg

Please leave feedback & error reports, as I know I've run into issues with previous test releases.

You will need to copy your doom, doom2, freedoom or whatnot wad files into the appropriate location.

You will also need to specify the location of ZDaemon.app in the preferences. (Do this first, so you don't forget!)

Edits:
Updated url to latest release, removed time-based comment that is no longer relevant.

Last edited by Lyfe on Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:31 pm; edited 15 times in total
LOKI
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all: thank you, thank you, thanks! It's awesome that you finally made it happen. Great news! (worship) Very Happy

Unfortunately it won't work for me. The login works, as well as the server list. When trying to join a server, nothing happens. So I tried to investigate but now I'm stuck. Here is what the system console says when trying to join:
Code:
ZQuery[35565]: Preparing to launch game to selected server!
ZQuery[35565]: !!! _NSLayoutTreeLineFragmentUsedRectForGlyphAtIndex invalid glyph index 18446744073709551615
ZQuery[35565]: zdaemon bundle path: NSBundle </Users/username/Downloads/ZDaemon/ZDaemon.app> (not yet loaded)
ZQuery[35565]: Skipping task launch for the moment.  uncomment it later.
ReportCrash[35556]: Attempting to read data: Called memoryAtAddress: 0x5e248c, which is in an unmappable portion of [0x0 -> 0xffffffffffffffff] in PID# 35578.
ReportCrash[35556]: Removing excessive log: file:///Users/username/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ZDaemon_2014-01-07-192128_devicename.crash

This happens when connecting to 1.09 servers. By the way: I've noticed that a lot of servers are shown to be version "-2,1071". Then I tried to execute the ZDaemon.app bundle and it immediately crashed. So I went into it, looking for an error message. It there said: SDL2.framework not found .. but it was there, right in the bundle. I copied it to /Library/Frameworks/ and suddenly the app could find it. Smile But it throw another error message:

Code:
Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libogg.0.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/username/Downloads/ZDaemon/ZDaemon.app/Contents/Frameworks/libFLAC.8.dylib
  Reason: image not found

So I tried to find the needed dylib and paste it to the right place. But I could not find a working precompiled one (and did not want to "make" it myself). Or it was a working precompiled one, but I misplaced it. I don't know.

I'd be happy to hear what you can do about this.
So long, regards.
Lyfe
Puts the 'Z' in ZDaemon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the delay on responding, I did not realize I was not subscribed to my own thread (whoops).

It seems like I seem to have lost my mappings in the .app creation. I will try a build again, and test it on a mac which doesn't have any of these things installed either. (Helps, now that I have an old laptop that has a fresh install.)

I'll hopefully get back to you soon.
Lyfe
Puts the 'Z' in ZDaemon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I recompiled it and checked the dylib stuff you're running into, but the old version and the new version do the same thing. So, I'm not sure why it's not working for you. Regardless, I'll have to find a mac without the development stuff already loaded, and see if there's something else going on which is screwy. (I mean, the ZDaemon.app is packaged with the FLAC dylibs, and it's supposed to be loading them, but it doesn't seem like it is for you.)

But, give it another try if you want. The URL in the first post is updated to point to my recompile.
Lyfe
Puts the 'Z' in ZDaemon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I was trying to debug the wrong thing. So, the link above ( http://www.gameowls.com/lyfe/ZDaemon_osx_110b3.zip ) contains what should be a fixed version of the dylibs included with the application.

Let me know if there are still issues.
LOKI
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell yeah, this build works. But not out of the box .. I still had to copy the libogg.0.dylib into the frameworks folder of both zdaemon versions. But that did the trick!

This is so awesome, really. Thank you a lot. Is there a way to donate or flattr you? Very Happy
Lyfe
Puts the 'Z' in ZDaemon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOKI wrote:
I still had to copy the libogg.0.dylib into the frameworks folder of both zdaemon versions.

Whoops, I had adjusted my project file before building that, and took out the copy for that dylib.
Fixed, in b4 version of url above.

Thanks for being my guinea pig, and pointing out what I've missed.
LOKI
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great and working out of the box.
Happy fragging! Cool
Stealth
Gone with the wind

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Lyfe,

Just a bit of feedback - in ZQuery, there is no search function (desirable), also sorting by PWAD is broken (the rest appear to work)! The getwad window that pops up is blank until you attempt to scroll, and functionality seems broken - any wad I attempt to download looks for .pk7 files inside instead of .wad, so I downloaded it manually and can't get ZDaemon.app to launch Smile

EDIT: This pk7 problem only happened for one server (sunder_v1_4_1.wad) was the culprit. ZDaemon still fails to launch with any wad. This is all on OSX 10.9.2.

I know this is all work in progress, I don't expect perfect functionality from a test port. Razz If there's a better way of communicating these bugs with you than the topic, let me know.

Link to Apple's crashlog for ZQuery.app
Link to SDL2 problem launching ZDaemon.app
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lyfe
Puts the 'Z' in ZDaemon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback. I wouldn't have thought about a search function. But, I'm usually hitting the sort by player counts (or IP address) and go from there. The pwad-sort is sort of known. I wasn't sure what would really be logical there, as pwad order sort of matters & screws with things.

I guess I hadn't thought about actually having some bug-report spot of any sort.

I wish I could say ZQuery crashing surprised me, but it doesn't. I'll have to put some more work into that tool. Currently, I'm focused on the zdaemon master server, but I'll get back to the mac launcher at some point.

The SDL2 crash report surprises me a bit. I thought I'd had that whole mess sorted out, with copying & fixing the paths for frameworks & libraries. I'll have to look at it again, perhaps even going as far as putting a mac VM on my mac for testing purposes. (e.g., something without all these libraries & frameworks already installed on my system for development.)
Lyfe
Puts the 'Z' in ZDaemon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minor update - Fix for SDL2 library loading. Now it should actually look in the correct place for SDL2, instead of requiring it to be installed separately on the system.
LOKI
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, I just noticed that b4 did not work on a clean Mavericks install. This fixed it. Smile Thank you!
doctor[iddqd]
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ALL,
where zdaemon keeps configs on Mac?
zdoom.ini generate each time on launch.
autoexec.cfg is absent.

but binds made from in-run console keeps working on relaunch.
Please help with situation, a little. Smile
Lyfe
Puts the 'Z' in ZDaemon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of all things, the spot it currently stores this is in the ZDaemon.app archive.

If you right-click on ZDaemon.app, and choose "Show Package Contents" you will find it. I believe under Contents -> Mac OS X.
doctor[iddqd]
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, i know it.
But, there is only zdoom.ini which generating in each start.
If i put there my strings, they disappear.
But if put binds from in-game console, they don't appear in zdoom.ini, but working on next start.
So, where is config stored? Smile

Else, is there any way to make ZQuery save login/password, or get parameters for cli?

Thank you!
doctor[iddqd]
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, found i can't play on 1.10 servers. Console respond server outdated Smile
Is it normal?
On 1.09 i can play.

Maybe i needed some manipulations on configs?

Thank you.
doctor[iddqd]
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, there!
Is it possible to start play 1.10 servers on Mac OS 10?

ZQuerry show "Server Version -2,1069"

Thank you!
Lyfe
Puts the 'Z' in ZDaemon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. The new build tools for Mac OS 10.10 don't agree with the version of FMod being used in ZDaemon. Unless we rip&replace FMod with something newer, there will be no new Mac builds for ZDaemon.
Kamika007z
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So no Yosemite aka Mac OS 10.10.x support?

Sad face...
doctor[iddqd]
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kamika007z wrote:
So no Yosemite aka Mac OS 10.10.x support?

Sad face...

It works! But only on 1.09 servers =(
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: