ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WNF #110 Empresa PGP

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Tuesday Night Flags
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edwart
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: WNF #110 Empresa PGP Reply with quote

From the creators of Mini games zdaemon, Kill the cyberdemon and The factory

#Burgerteam Bring us a new CTF Wad
YES A NEW CTF WAD!!!

EmpresaPGP Tribute to Mechanic THE NUMBER ONE!!!

This wad includes 30 maps. a few of map are Sh*t and others are amazing
but we all love the CTF and we WANT PLAY!!!!

So lets PLAY WEDNESDAY NIGHT FLAGS!!! :D

Wads: EmpresaPGP, Zvox6
Gamemode:CTF (OFC)
Scorelimit: 5
Timelimit: 10
Maps: map01 - map30
DMFLAGS: 283716/131080
Skill: Nightmare
Voting: Map
Server: L@P / Borrowed Time: Chicago

Date: Wednesday 18th September 2013

The Euro session starts at 19:00 BST (14:00 EDT)
The US session starts at 20:00 EDT (01:00 BST)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Edwart
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: The #Burgerteam made a Patch for the wad they told me this fix a texture and a map spawns
http://speedy.sh/CQy7j/empresapgpFIX.wad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sniffs*

ok I'm setting two alarms, but I have been known to turn them off before regaining full consciousness.

Err, my body is significantly aroused for whatever this is, but if there are thirty maps two WNFs might be worth dividing the pack in half, use a maplist to spread the "shit" maps evenly if necessary. It's not as if the CTF world is brimming with fresh material these days (though I think the public's general appetite for novelty is greater than it used to be).
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could moan about the maps, how some have missing textures, sticky spawns, awkward spawns and even missing flags(!), but I'm not going to because they are all largely pretty fun. Feels a lot like 32in24-4 really Smile

(One exception was map11 which was just too damn complex and annoying)

Hope you can get a fix done for map16 and map23's missing flags...

Hell, I'm not even going to make the usual moan about the bloat that all that music adds! What I will bitch about is the same common sense issues I always raise:
A 30 map rotation will never get played all the way through. Use your brains and spread it out over 2 weeks?
If you got big maps with railgun in, enable zoom ffs.

And hey, maybe show some imagination with the settings?
Flagbase (or even flagcompass) would make a hell of a lot of sense for unknown maps like this! Or even just use a different vox or flaglimit?

Anyways, like I say, it was fun. Only really died out on Euro because - even with trying to fix the teams - we kept getting 5-0'ed Laughing
Will doubtless be around for US too Smile
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When motivation strikes I'll take a look at the pack again and write up a few thoughts about some of it... Overall there was liberal use of powerups and heavy weaponry, kinda unorthodox designs here and there.

Teams were pretty balanced most of the night IMHO.
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

01: nice box
02: Uncle Lenin definitely approves. Enjoying the sky for its pleasant mix of Heretic and ZDCTF... with snow. Omnidirectional but a fun romp for the railgun.
03: The best part is the placement of TINYCRATES. If only all maps had a strategic reserve of these.
04: Not enough base colors and questionable spawns in the center. Made for an interesting 2vs2, I'll give you that.
05: There should be more interesting lighting since the map is mostly flat. Not gonna lie this one was a little fun but the ASHWALL is begging to be put on the bench once in a while. Why not some clever TANROCK or ZIMMER?
06: Sorry this one I don't find agreeable at all. :< I mean, I like the hidey-holes, and admittedly the megahead is an underused powerup in CTF.
07: Projectile power! Very hard to guard the base.
08: SPACEW2 is an epic-tier exture and should be used more often in modern maps.
09: Fun fact: Doomguy cannot easily scoop green armors when they are placed so obstinately. Also the past map or three have been rather bare-bones. This type of map holds a noob's hand and prepares him for map14 to come!
10: There should be red brick buildings in the middle, not ASHWALL, gaaaah! It's called "thematic exposition". Good place for rocket jumpers here, though.
11: Nice singleplayer map.
12: The faces are happy it's snowing! I think slippery ice and/or a slopey glacier would be good in the middle. Or is the snow being done with midtextures, in which case that would be a nightmare? I'm not going to check.
13: This is the definition of flat and not much attention paid to creating an intriguing lighting scheme. I don't really like how I have to make a 90 degree turn everywhere I go.
14: Epic fuckin map for 8 on 8. If only the whole thing could shrink by 50% it would be more feasible for the common man to come inside with his SSG and play quite happily here. Maybe that rocket launcher platform with built-in teleporter escape is too sneaky?
15: This map would be truly great if there was a 2nd story with jump pads or 3D bridges that could take players above the fray if they wanted to travel.

Further musings to come? whoknows.jpg
bless_
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This wad is SHIT
The creators of the wad are SHIT
You are SHIT
He/She is SHIT
I'm SHIT
We're all SHIT

..but hey.. this was pretty fun Embarassed

-
.Lristrân
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not as funny as clicking on the server for the very first time and wait for the WAD to download, that indeed was some fun.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Tuesday Night Flags All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: