ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Challenging _GOD_ to put up or stfu
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Clans and Scrims
View previous topic :: View next topic  
niv
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is considered the best clan these days?
If they back up their shit talking it is okay in my book.
bless_
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[FI] of course!
In reality though, you can't really say. Clans are dead.

-
RecK
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ov$ is the best.
we have never been defeated Wink
there's still a few clans out there thing is they barely play each other but ill say to all those clans left in zd to start scrimming each other to keep the clan scene alive oor if you feel ready for a true challengue well...play us! we're always down for a few ctf games Smile
you can contact us at #OvS
Buli
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, best of ZCL.

I wonder how far OVS would go if you guys were teaming-up in Idl Surprised

Anyway, basically OVS was a league team.

For my part, concerning the euro side: [D], .CI., [Chaos], <PRE>, BK were one of the strongest clans back in 2006-2009.

Eh, forgot SM and DP tho!
RecK
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turtles and myself are currently playing in the same idl team and guess what? We're about to win this season(undefeated AGAIN) or in the worst case scenario we'll get a second place and also ovs has been officially a clan for like a month.
Still waiting on someone to defated us.
Edwart
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RecK wrote:
Ov$ is the best.
we have never been defeated ;)

*COOF* *COOF*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Buli
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still undefeated huh.
RecK
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yes we lost a couple of our practice games in the zcl because yeah we were setting pos and trying out stuff for the actual zcl games,it didnt matter tho cuz WE WON IT..UNDEFATED (and we have never lost a scrim) and again i challengue any zd clan to defeat us with our best lineup.
spoiler alert: we'll prob win
OvS the Next level doom.
Buli
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RecK wrote:

spoiler alert: we'll prob win
OvS the Next level doom.

Sadly. Seeing the clanscene's current situation there's no much hopes of a possible strong clan to call ovs out. No offense but I would really love to bring ovs back in the 2008ish see if any of you would have challenged anyone like now.
bless_
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clear this out. As it seems the gases have gone into OvS' head.
The reason why you guys won the ZCL is because you didn't play against MS prime line-up.
MS allowed you to re-schedule your game since you were missing Turtles.
Then the following week, Torment went missing and you guys took out MS.
If MS hadn't been so nice, we all know that results would of been different.
Very Happy
P.S. Torment is still nowhere to be found...
P.S.S. FI has scheduled a big game for next weekend against you guys.
November 2 or 3. Mark your calendar!

-
Edwart
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KFC Would win the ZCL..... THE PROBLEM WAS THE SHITTY MAPS :D!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
RecK
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes finally someone brave enough to challengue us
just for being man enough to challengue ovs consider yourself a winner,im looking forward to play that scrim.
weekends are kinda bad for me cuz im always at a party or hanging out with myt crew those days i mean weekends were made to party etc right? but ill try to make a little room to play videogames with you guys.
also kfc wouldnt have won the zcl ms and ovs were a way to stong sorry but stick to the facts OvS won you...didnt
good players are good at every map.
Watermelon
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back when there were tons of people like NS, R, UD, DX, SIN, etc around..., I would play 3-4 hours every day at least, I ended up becoming an aimbot since I just enthralled with this game. Nowadays I barely play and I believe my aim suffers because of it, and somehow still managed to win a masterbowl.

I think that if the best players were around, we'd have more competition to play and thus move to higher levels. Right now the doom community is heavily fragmented and we just have what's left in front of us -- not much. The good players are banned or were run off this port. Activity on ZD is clearly at an all time low, but we still try to play together.

People should use this as an encouragement to want to take names and kick everyone's ass. Take that desire to beat someone and practice on the maps by seeing:
- What the other team is doing right
- What you're doing wrong (if any, and we all do)
- How to fix the above
- Teamwork

I guarantee that if someone set out to do that and trained to be the best, they can take #1. There is no clan nor person in this game who can sit by and think they can maintain the top while other people practice. This happened with R on Zandronum where PRO was playing every day and R just sat by, eventually R lost a scrim to PRO one day and TM another day. It finally got everyone to practice and then they worked their way back to the top. The main message to take from this is that even the top will fall if someone else wants their blood and the top tier refuse to maintain. In addition, there is always a skill cap. A player can only aim so good and process so fast, thus eventually any player can reach that level and then compete.

In short:
I want to see people get better. I want to lose, I will legitimately help people get better than me so we can have competition. I think as of last night there's already a great clan out there and I hope they rise up and kick ass. Losing is my inspiration to get better, winning all the time is really boring... and I say that with pure 100% honesty and legitimacy.
If anyone wants CTF help/practice/whatever, I'll be there.

Quote:
Sadly. Seeing the clanscene's current situation there's no much hopes of a possible strong clan to call ovs out. No offense but I would really love to bring ovs back in the 2008ish see if any of you would have challenged anyone like now.

Now, having played with AND against the best players, such as Jenova, Stallion, Nostar, Chewy, Jkist, Ralphis, Devastation (God), Turska...etc (these are just names off the top of my head, if I attempted to list everyone I'd miss someone and feel bad), I've witnessed them at their primes and see how they play, and added it to my style. Most of the gameplay you'll see from me on certain roles is a mixture of my heroes who I've played and won/lost against.

In addition, I think a lot of people also bloat the precedence of some of the players as well. They are stellar, but if you go through the IDL demos you will find flaws with every single person above. I am obviously in the exact same boat from all my IDL games and I've had some pretty bad ones... but everyone does. This most likely comes from peoples inexperience or having not actually played in the IDL or helped any team practice.

Now when you say this, when and who did you play with/against in the IDL for example? Have you ever been in a clan that challenged these clans? Cause if you have, you'd say the exact same as I would have above and know that higher competition would drive the skill level up. Everyone is relative.
Remember that humans have the ability to exaggerate their skill level. There are a multitude of upper level players who do this, and my opinion is that they are only as good as they perform. While 2008 had some epic players and was where my major learning phase began, they still performed with flaws and still lost. I believe using the prime-level theory is not too applicable because of this, and instead base it on how people perform in the present.

If ZD fixed it's dropped shot problem that seems to be commonplace and unbanned some of its players, I believe that there'd be a lot of players that would come back and maybe a new era would happen.
This I hope for.
.Lristrân
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

such an asshole Watermelon, anyway I'll only come up with this:
Quote:
If ZD fixed it's dropped shot problem that seems to be commonplace and unbanned some of its players, I believe that there'd be a lot of players that would come back and maybe a new era would happen.

I've known players fear to come and challenge here in ZD because of this, and indeed it occurs alot which is annoying as hell to chest-shot someone your full SSG load and he keeps alive as well. When this get fixed scrimmages will be more legal and fair since one will depend of the reflexes and aiming more than "luck". Some of us have managed to get use to it but still there are moments where it's hard to understand the way it randomish the damage, not to mention when e.g. I'm lagging and someone shots at me with a SSG from a distance of 9000 mts. and still insta-kill me, I call it leaving fucking hitboxes all over the place.
despite all of the mentioned above it's good to see clanwars going, still.
Watermelon
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one fears playing on ZD, they get too frustrated and leave/refuse to play.

There aren't clan wars going on really anymore either. IDK if you're way out of the loop or whats wrong, but there's rarely any priv -- let alone scrims anymore.

Phenex said he fixed the hitbox bug but for some reason they aren't releasing 1.09.02 for... well, I don't quite know why.

I'm also the best.
bless_
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watermelon wrote:
Back when there were tons of people like NS, R, UD, DX, SIN, etc around..., I would play 3-4 hours every day at least, I ended up becoming an aimbot since I just enthralled with this game. Nowadays I barely play and I believe my aim suffers because of it, and somehow still managed to win a masterbowl.

I think that if the best players were around, we'd have more competition to play and thus move to higher levels. Right now the doom community is heavily fragmented and we just have what's left in front of us -- not much. The good players are banned or were run off this port. Activity on ZD is clearly at an all time low, but we still try to play together.

People should use this as an encouragement to want to take names and kick everyone's ass. Take that desire to beat someone and practice on the maps by seeing:
- What the other team is doing right
- What you're doing wrong (if any, and we all do)
- How to fix the above
- Teamwork

I guarantee that if someone set out to do that and trained to be the best, they can take #1. There is no clan nor person in this game who can sit by and think they can maintain the top while other people practice. This happened with R on Zandronum where PRO was playing every day and R just sat by, eventually R lost a scrim to PRO one day and TM another day. It finally got everyone to practice and then they worked their way back to the top. The main message to take from this is that even the top will fall if someone else wants their blood and the top tier refuse to maintain. In addition, there is always a skill cap. A player can only aim so good and process so fast, thus eventually any player can reach that level and then compete.

In short:
I want to see people get better. I want to lose, I will legitimately help people get better than me so we can have competition. I think as of last night there's already a great clan out there and I hope they rise up and kick ass. Losing is my inspiration to get better, winning all the time is really boring... and I say that with pure 100% honesty and legitimacy.
If anyone wants CTF help/practice/whatever, I'll be there.

Quote:

Now, having played with AND against the best players, such as Jenova, Stallion, Nostar, Chewy, Jkist, Ralphis, Devastation (God), Turska...etc (these are just names off the top of my head, if I attempted to list everyone I'd miss someone and feel bad), I've witnessed them at their primes and see how they play, and added it to my style. Most of the gameplay you'll see from me on certain roles is a mixture of my heroes who I've played and won/lost against.

In addition, I think a lot of people also bloat the precedence of some of the players as well. They are stellar, but if you go through the IDL demos you will find flaws with every single person above. I am obviously in the exact same boat from all my IDL games and I've had some pretty bad ones... but everyone does. This most likely comes from peoples inexperience or having not actually played in the IDL or helped any team practice.

Now when you say this, when and who did you play with/against in the IDL for example? Have you ever been in a clan that challenged these clans? Cause if you have, you'd say the exact same as I would have above and know that higher competition would drive the skill level up. Everyone is relative.
Remember that humans have the ability to exaggerate their skill level. There are a multitude of upper level players who do this, and my opinion is that they are only as good as they perform. While 2008 had some epic players and was where my major learning phase began, they still performed with flaws and still lost. I believe using the prime-level theory is not too applicable because of this, and instead base it on how people perform in the present.

This I hope for.

Aside from that touching speech, I agree. It is true that there is a dropped shot problem in zd. Some people do exagerate about it once they're getting their ass handed to, but then again I gotta admit, zd's ssg kinda makes up for it. It's very powerful. Actually, zd has the best ssg power, imo. But, the problem is still there :/
I really hope that this fixed version doesn't take too long to show up at our door-step and everyone can enjoy zd at its fullests.

-
Buli
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm still not sure if it is either "dropped shots" or "random hitboxes desync". Beside, this do not only affect the Ssg, but all weapons using hitscan.
_Beast_
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

niv wrote:

everyone knows that the [R]enegad3s run all the ports, no need for me to talk $hi+, if anyone disagrees challenge us. We don't care if its a clan or an alliance of veteran players who think they got what it takes....just bring it.
.Lristrân
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Beast_ wrote:
niv wrote:

everyone knows that the [R]enegad3s run all the ports, no need for me to talk $hi+, if anyone disagrees challenge us. We don't care if its a clan or an alliance of veteran players who think they got what it takes....just bring it.

shit 's the roughest thing i've ever read here in zd.
ItalianStallion
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Beast_ wrote:
niv wrote:

There isn't a single clan out there that can best our top lineup. Yeah we may have lost a scim or two. To be honest it was probably a couple of our newer members in the lineup, or we were fooling around.

As a long, long time zd player, 1.09 has been nothing but a let down. As someone who usually plays defense in CTF, there's nothing more aggravating than having dropped shots, or experiencing some weird hitbox bug.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Clans and Scrims All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: