ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TNS #84 - The Beginning of the End (Part II)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Thursday Night Survival
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rhinoduck
Potatoes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: TNS #84 - The Beginning of the End (Part II) Reply with quote

If it was 1998, AnimaZero would have to prepare twice the number of tapes to record the highlights because that's how hilarious this will be :) Some of the maps are a bit tight, especially at start, but I hope that the experienced TNS crowd will show sound judgement.

We will include e3m8 in the first playthrough to get a few desperate laughs, but we will probably skip it on subsequent rotations. We might also do random monsters or Krawa's kill 'em all adapted for TNS for the second rotation and keep the traditional pain for late night masochists to avoid too much desperation too early on.

Thanks for the tip on both these cool wads go to Nevanos. If you liked the first part and are up to an even bigger Doom 1 challenge, do not miss this one.

DMFLAGS: 100745252 / 806758400
Skill: Ultra Violence
PWADs: end2.wad, miekskins-r3, tskins1e, tns84
Maps: e3m1-e3m9
Lives: 1
Players: 20/50
Item Respawn Time: 60 Seconds
Player Join Limit: 5 Minutes

Date: 21st March 2013

Aus session: 19:00 AEST (that's 09:00 GMT)
Euro session: 19:00 GMT (that's 15:00 EDT)
US session: 19:00 EDT (that's 23:00 GMT)

Servers:
  • [L@P] - Germany, Europe
  • DUI - New Jersey, USA
  • NzDoom - Auckland, New Zealand

Last edited by rhinoduck on Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:33 am; edited 3 times in total
Memfis
MemfisWatt

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh, only 9 maps? Looks like we might need another Equinox session. Smile
rhinoduck
Potatoes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Memfis wrote:
eh, only 9 maps? Looks like we might need another Equinox session. :)

Don't underestimate the power of the dark side :) Have you actually played these maps? I think that kill 'em all could take us quite some time and I kind of expect serious fails in pain rota :) But I can be wrong... I will load a random episode 1 replacement wad just to have something in reserve... or we can continue to udoom episode 4 in a worst case scenario.
Anima Zero
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: TNS #84 - The Beginning of the End (Part II) Reply with quote

rhinoduck wrote:
Euro session: 19:00 GMT (that's 14:00 EST)

Should this be 15:00 EDT or did I miss something where last week's start time was a one time special event xD?

In any case, oughta be fun because I've never played end2 before.
rhinoduck
Potatoes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: TNS #84 - The Beginning of the End (Part II) Reply with quote

Quote:
Should this be 15:00 EDT or did I miss something where last week's start time was a one time special event xD?

You didn't miss anything, I'm just being an idiot (bloody timezones and daylight savings time). Fixed now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Thursday Night Survival All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: